Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think these will get much more wear during the contest, as they are fairly beat up and too thin for winter work wear. Be that as it may, I hope to give them another wash and some better pictures as the contest winds down.

6226616595_cb0e4783ac.jpg

P1000941 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

6226615347_ced1df4bef.jpg

P1000938 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

In all honesty, I was never a huge fan of these jeans. The fit was never right, and so were relegated to work duty since the contest started. Loose jeans + lots of washes = uninteresting jeans, IMHO, but to each their own.

And I'm not knocking LVC at all. Conversley, my all time favorite pair of jeans are my 55's. I've had them going on 3 years and they are still my go-to pair.

6226585325_de3217005f.jpg

P1000929 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

The fit is just-right (borderline perfect post-soak/wash, but tend to stretch out a *bit* too much), the denim is the perfect thickness and the dye is unbelievable. I wish I went with a second pair of 55's for the contest, but it's almost 2 years too late now...

they look so good jyoni, are they stil wearable?

Barely. They unravel a little bit each time I wear them. I can only use them for work if I'm fairly stationary, cabinets and whatnot. Doing a stair, mouldings, or say sheetrocking in these, would be out of the question at this point.

If the fit was still ideal, I'd wear them casually alot more.

Barely. They unravel a little bit each time I wear them. I can only use them for work if I'm fairly stationary, cabinets and whatnot. Doing a stair, mouldings, or say sheetrocking in these, would be out of the question at this point.

If the fit was still ideal, I'd wear them casually alot more.

They look great, too bad you can't wear them more often. For the past month my 55s have only been worn once or twice a week max. Had them on them on yesterday and today, going to give them a wash tonight and put them away for the winter.

Some damn fine pairs been posted here recently. Great thing about this contest is all the different models and approaches take to them. I'm really liking how some of the 33s and 37s turned out.

Would anyone be pissed off if I had a friend do the final photos? He'd be able to capture these as close to true life as possible. I've provided such crap photos over the past couple of years. It would be nice to have some sweet pics at least once.

If there is no objection, I will do it. We've only today started talking about it. I believe he thinks I want true film at this point. I wouldn't mind having that kind of print just to have it, as long as a scan would be on par with full digital.

I know my post count is really low, my old account got deleted, but i did join this contest...when do final photos have to be posted by? I see my old post is under "guest_sneekylyric078" I wonder what happened?

Edited by sneekylyric078

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to take photos today but I wanted one last soak. The fit is not horrible with a fresh shrinking. They're drying atm.

Tomorrow I will just try some photos with a tripod against a fresh grey tile sheet. If they don't turn out ideal, I'll go the rigmorale of a shoot.

Edited by jyoni

Everyone's jeans are looking great! Fun contest... Here is an update on my 37's before they go back into the shop for more repairs... 112-2.jpg111.jpg113.jpg114.jpg

These have made me realise what a great cut the 37's are. In these days of low rise jeans it is easy to forget that this is not really ideal for men. I love the 55 jean but I almost think the cut on the 37 is better. I have never seen proper measurements (a la B.I.G) but the rise on the 37's looks to be about an inch or so more. Anyone know?

Would anyone be pissed off if I had a friend do the final photos? He'd be able to capture these as close to true life as possible. I've provided such crap photos over the past couple of years. It would be nice to have some sweet pics at least once.

I hope he uses Kodachrome for you. Kodachrome 25 brings out deep indigo like nothing else. I have a few old snaps to prove it!