Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I'm still trying to understand if the 2005 cut runs 3-2 sizes larger. The site says it does, but I'm still a little wary.

I don't want to buy a 32, which is supposed to be an actual 35 in the waist, and find it's actually a 32 or 33.

They ones i purchased actually ran about 2 sizes larger than tagged i normally wear 34 but got 32 which was very tight but stretch out after a week or so of wear

They ones i purchased actually ran about 2 sizes larger than tagged i normally wear 34 but got 32 which was very tight but stretch out after a week or so of wear

See, that's what's confusing, it's supposed be a 35 in the waist, but you're saying it's very tight. If you normally wear a 34, then you should have some leeway.

I copped my pair of no.0 2000 cut no.0 denim

should be here in 2 weeks!!!

Nice to hear you are getting a pair of No.0 too.

I am getting one as well since I had been waiting for nearly 9 years for their No.0 (last issued back in 1999?). I ordered #2001 cut instead, since I already got a pair of #2000 in No.1 Special.

Based on Evisu japan site measurement, it shrank approx. 2 inches, ie 5cm from the raw waist size and 10cm for length. For comparison, the site measurement is pretty accurate, I can vouched for that.

However, take note that for a No.0, Evisu at this stage is estimating the size and not confirmed as it is still pretty new as the last release was way back in 1999. Separately, although I am placing an order for a #2001 No.0 irregardless, I still curious about whether it will come at 17oz, which was the 1991 version weight. Also, would a "No.0" same denim material as, say, Sammies Zero Denim?

See, the estimation of the size is making me think, as I can shrink the waist but I don't want to be worrying about the inseams too much...it's difficult to stretch out the inseams when you're wearing damp jeans and trying to keep the waist from over-shrinking...

But who am I trying to convince that I ain't interested? :o

how much do these #0s cost? is there any difference to the #1s other than the increased shrinking, and the heavier weight?

They're actually almost the same price as No.1 denim, and the estimated shrinkage on www.evisu.jp is the same as the shrinkage for No.1 denim too...Couldn't say about the weight though...

i measured my deluxe kambo after hot wash waist is a nice tight 30 leg opening is 7 inch which is good lower knee is 8 inch but upper thigh is 11 inch which is to baggy for me or do i have skinny thighs? can't get them tapperd untill after christmas women said it will be cheaper to get a new pair......... try shrink more? hot soak?

Erm, pretty random afternoon since my post above, to say the least...

Took advantage of my free afternoon to pop into town, and happened to randomly bump into Kanji and some of the Evisu promotional crew doing some painting at Selfridges. It was a pair of jeans painted by Kanji that got me into all this...Even more bizarrely, we were both wearing the same jeans:

dsc02618du4.jpg

His were looking slightly more worn though, unsurprising given that mine only have a week's wear on them. Looking good, to say the least...greencast denim in the 0005 cut, worn for eight months with one wash. These were released in the West a season or so ago to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Yamane's first mizuhiki design apparently, which can seen on the pockets of the jeans. The design is a traditional knot, about which I'm sure some of the other forum members are a lot more knowledgeable than I:

dsc02614dy6.jpg

dsc02613hg3.jpg

The crew are back in Birmingham sometime early in the new year to create an installation of sorts for the store...Watch this space for more to come... :)

Oh, and I was given a copy of Evisu Style magazine and a couple of promotional booklets too:

dsc02620uk4.jpg