Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Weird, I asked Oki-ni about the waist of the 005 cut plain pocket jeans, and shortly after I did, they disappeared; even though they still had sizes available. Furthermore, they haven't responded.....Bastards.

I still haven't decided whether to bother!

For almost $400, those jeans better be special.
one of the staff members ....

I can't find any mention of this, but I'll take your word for it.

For almost $400, those jeans better be special.

Yeah, but how much special than No.1 denim? Given that the price is pretty much the same, and that I've only just really started on the No.1s too, I'm wondering whether or not the expense is worth it.

Plus, how much more exclusive than the hank-dyed Deluxe are they going to be, ignoring the time gap between releases? The main thing (for me) that they have over the Deluxe is the fact that the denim's available in a repro cut, which my Deluxe aren't. And that's purely personal preference there...

I can't find any mention of this, but I'll take your word for it.

There is a connection between Red Box and Evisu International, but I thought it only extended as far as one of the Red Box designers having worked at Evisu for a while.

Now oki is having a sale on Evisu (WTF), but there is still no sign of the 005 pair.

Yeah, but how much special than No.1 denim? Given that the price is pretty much the same, and that I've only just really started on the No.1s too, I'm wondering whether or not the expense is worth it.

Probably isn't worth it too much. As you said, the denim is probably better, but by how much?

Plus, how much more exclusive than the hank-dyed Deluxe are they going to be, ignoring the time gap between releases? The main thing (for me) that they have over the Deluxe is the fact that the denim's available in a repro cut, which my Deluxe aren't. And that's purely personal preference there...

Yeah, I'd probably rather have a pair of the 17oz, or the elusive 21oz.

There is a connection between Red Box and Evisu International, but I thought it only extended as far as one of the Red Box designers having worked at Evisu for a while.

That's what I figured. It seems that if they were a sister company, they'd exploit their connection, or at least mention that fact on their website or elsewhere. Who knows.

I have a pair of the 17oz (the slubby one with the stitched white gulls) and they fit me like crap - so for me it's more about getting them in a 2000 cut.

CrashTest - I got mine through zipangu-treasures, and I asked for plain pockets which probably sped things up a bit as no painting necessary

CrashTest - I got mine through zipangu-treasures, and I asked for plain pockets which probably sped things up a bit as no painting necessary

Cheers fella, rep owed for that. How much did they set you back in total, if you don't mind me asking?

That's what I figured. It seems that if they were a sister company, they'd exploit their connection, or at least mention that fact on their website or elsewhere. Who knows.

The first time I met Kanji I was wearing a Red Dot tee, way back when in this thread. That's when I was told of the connection between them. I think it's more of an ex-colleagues relationship that anything else, certainly not a direct business link.

That's not a bad fit, particularly since you got your tagged size. Plus, no death star ass trench going on there; the sag is nice.

How would you compare those to the 2000's?

2001's look nice too; not a bad fit either.

Cheers!

I'm feeling the jeans and the cut; the only downside is the narrow leg opening - would be fine if I had diddy feet but I'm a (UK) 10. Means that the only trainers that work with these jeans (from my perspective) are high-tops that aren't too bulky round the ankle.

Can't really say what I prefer out of 0005 and 2000 as I wear them differently and like both fits. I still really like the anti-fit of 2001 too.