Evisu is still loved!

benzak

ah_long,

could you list some of the sizes of your other jeans? i tried on a no.1 long ago but ive lost an inch or two then so i'm not entirely sure of my size.

Size 31 Eternal 811 BIG contest Jeans

Size 30 T5 X Yen Jeans (PBJ 005 cut)

Size 30 Samurai S3000BK

Size 31 Samurai S5000VX 17oz

Size 31 Sugar Cane Union Star LHT

btw guys..

what color is the selvage on your No. 1s..

mine doesn't have that traditional white edge with a colored line.. it's just selvage edge with the indigo & warp threads... with only a single thread of gold line going through where normally the colored line goes through..

I'll post pictures later

I might do a hot wash.. but I don't like the dryer.. it messes up the leather patch.. at least from my experience

the instructions that came with my pair said to wet the patch before the dryer and then again halfway through the drying cycle, and that would stop it from getting damaged, and they were right.

oh and my selvedge is that black with silver thread type.

I cant bring myself to wear my fav jeans to work because of the treatment they get.

All the more reason to wear them, no? :D

^ wow they look good, and will fit better with a soak.

I think you guys got my sold on geting 2000s instead of 2001, as it seems quite roomy already

The 2000 cut isn't roomy in No.1 denim, once soaked. If you're pretty active and have non-skinny legs then you might find it a little restrictive after a while.

The 2000 cut in No.2 denim is kinda comparable to the 2001 in No.1 denim, with the 2001 cut having a little more space for the thighs and hips...

Yeah I love that blue, post soak those should turn out perfect, even the leg length.

I hot soaked my No.1's and I think the inseam came in 3/3.5inches. I dont like a hot wash because in my machine the denim can rub against the side and when it comes out can have a worn line in the denim already.

Also too much soaking and washing before getting serious wear on the jeans can't be good for future fades - loose indigo is just getting rinsed straight out of the denim in a uniform fashion (i.e. in equal-ish amounts from all over the jeans) as no creases have been formed, and no stressing has occurred in key areas of the denim.

All the more reason to wear them, no?

:D I will have to incorporate some of the other pairs I have into workwear but the problem is the bloody toner and ink from printer cartridges leaks and often Ive got magenta and cyan covered jeans lol. Im lucky at the bakery they have an airgun so every morning I spray them down and it gets rid of most of the particles but after awhile it really builds up. Just hard to put a loved one through it all :)

Evisu No 1 Lot 2000

Sz 34 x 35

Pre Soak

Waist 34

Inseam 35.5

Leg Opening 8,25

Post Soak

Waist 31.5

Inseam 34.25

Leg Opening 8

I'm going to do a Hot Soak/Wash again, I'm pretty damn sure that the inseam has not fully shrunk yet

but it doesn't look like that i'm doing anything wrong as I got so much shrinkage off the waist.. O well.. as soon as they dry up.. back in the hot tub it goes.. I'm deciding whether to do a hot wash or hot soak..

btw.. B_F, your S5000BK has left Canada

I'd not wash or soak again - the inseam on mine took some time to shrink down, and even now is only just under 34...and that's after two years of wearing and washing...

meh, too late, just did another quick hot wash.. hanging dry as we speak..

I'm surprised how well the No 1 keep its indigo though, it doesn't seem to bleed as much as any other brands (ahem, Eternal 811)..

These are definitely interesting

my size 35 measured 34,5" in the waist and 36,5" in the inseam. inseam is now 34,75" after one or two soaks

yeah I saw it. finally! :D still..canadian post is slow :P

so the inseam doesn't really shrink that much..

I'll bring it to BIG for a hem next time I'm in NYC

just hot wash.

i was dissatisfied with the fit when i bought mine cause i thought it was still too large after ....3-4 hot washes & hot dry (all within a week) and i was about to get them tapered. but then i threw them once more with a hot wash and it finally shrank to a good size. (but of course the waist was hard to button)

little loss of indigo in my opinion. these hold up well.

5168214036_e8c7b64a46_m.jpg

NO.1 2001 by shanelong,

5167614521_cdd17b1538_m.jpg

NO.1 2001 by shanelong, on Flickr

5168220928_7a23e65325_m.jpg

NO.1 2001 by shanelong, on Flickr

I've been lurking this thread for a while haha.

but these are my NO.1 2001 post wash after a year. pretty bad pics but yeah. Bought them in Daikanyama. honestly it was such a impulse buy, at that time I didnt know anything about MIJ evisus, when I got back to vancouver I soaked them and still ran too big. Got them tapered, but I regret it, wish I left it the way it was :(

Any chance of some pics taken away from direct sunlight, shanelong?

I hope no one was watching any of the stuff that's for sale on ebay at the moment, remember the no links rule?

Having said that, there's been some excellent stuff floating around recently, although not much in the way of virgin denim...