Evisu is still loved!

benzak

They've been on sale at oki-ni for a few weeks now. I may even have posted a link to them. I think they look good but the price is a bit steep. If they're still around for the sales and at a decent discount I'd consider them.

I'd like to hear CTB's opinion.

The jeans have been linked a few times now, from different sites - I linked them a few pages back myself :)

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Evisu-Private-Stock-Collection-Replica-501-Jeans/invt/ev0604ind

If they're supposed to be the "original inspiration for the first ever Evisu jean", then they should be a 2001 cut, or 2501 as they called it at the time...I think they've created a sanforised repro of what the original would have looked like, after shrinkage, if that makes sense to you.

For a similar price, you could proxy a pair of 2001s in No.1 denim from Japan, with handpainted pockets and red tab.

It's a no-brainer to me, even though those jeans look very nice...and a 36 inseam is pretty excessive for most people, unless they're like the Edwin-made Lee Japan repros where the inseam shrinks gradually even though they're sanforised.

I like the patch on them :)

Did someone mention that scott morrison has left evisu already? Maybe it was because of this:

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/04/01/levis-sues-evisu-private-stock-jeans-collection/

At any rate, those 1944 evisus are also available on the evisu international website and there you can clearly see what LOOKS to be the white patch evisu puts on the inside waistband of the MIJ jeans. Which makes me suspect they are from the japanese evisu company!

He left a few months ago now, and Head Office is now reverting back to Hong Kong - I think they found that shifting HQ to NYC wasn't going to shift the association in people's minds of recent Evisu products with wannabe gangsters and rude boys, especially after some of the awful collections released recently (remember those disasters that were produced when they tried to go all Yojimbo on us, with torii daicocks and samurai embroidery?).

Can't see if that case woulda had any bearing on it, as they've released the jeans regardless...

The patch on the inner waistband has popped up on other Int Evisu jeans recently, by the way - their D85 version of Lot 2000 also had it, amongst a few others.

Had these for about 3 years now. Definitely a favorite pair of mine. I might have got them 1 size too big, but I like the baggy fit. These were a size 40" (actual waist size 37") Since the legs are so loose, I'm getting a more vintage like fade, instead of high contrast. These has been washed a million times, but amazingly still dark.

Crazy leg twist:

evisuno1a.jpg

evisuno1b.jpg

evisuno1c.jpg

evisuno1d.jpg

evisuno1e.jpg

evisuno1f.jpg

I thought you might have gone over the original paint like you did on the gulls with your other pair. Still wishing id grabbed a pair of these Lazy S's when they were about.

Nah, I won't be doing that again in a hurry - some things are best left to the professionals :rolleyes:

I'd have liked a pair of the brown box in my size...

And coleslawyum - they look great, much nicer than some of the mollycoddled contrast-faded jeans you get on here. My 2111s will end up like that...

hey all evisu lovers,

can anyone here help me to do some legit check the evisu attached below??

everything looks legit to me. but there's no stamp (unchangeable) inside the pocket bag and no lot. and size printed in the patch. tht makes me worry abit before decided to buy it.

here is the detail picture.

5219228767_331faae522.jpg5219228517_a6af89397f.jpg5219807732_580a59aeb9.jpg5219820670_06862cd8d8.jpg5219808152_a57fe2b413.jpg5219807888_86ea050f80.jpg5219215929_7422ba85a7.jpg5219216059_3720a770d6.jpg5219819710_c4c62b8d34.jpg

5219216841_8b3010a9a4.jpg

any help will be appreciated.

actz.