Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Yo Sal?.......yo Sal???? ( c - do the right thing)

yeah the playboyxevisu #2 denim made in japan. Worn by someone who looks a lot more like Mr. Cube than anyone that was in that video (which was nice btw)

If there was a contest ya'll be shitting on yourselves over them. lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Here2learn

Quote:

just watch the soulja boy music video and tell me you DONT dislike evisu.....

:confused:

What is it with people?

So rappers or black people aren't allowed to like and appreciate good product now? 1st of all, apologies for bringing up old posts but I havent had time to keep up.

If something is cool and genuinely good then its natural that people from all walks of life embrace it. Thats what the product is there for. Mass produced for all to purchase at will! Same as music if u like.

So just because its worn in some rap videos that some people dislike, Evisu no longer make good jeans?! Thats the biggest load of BS ever! Evisu make great jeans (some of the best around, still!) no matter who wears it and how they wear it. Fashion is about self expression in the form of what you wear so wear what u want and wear it proudly, regardless of what others say and think. I dont think the style of how a lot of these rappers wear Evisu looks great but I would never think Evisu is uncool or let me feel that I wouldn't want to wear it anymore. Thats just plain dumb! Good jeans will remain good jeans no matter what.

Some people need to give up the ignorance and stop worrying about what other people are wearing and get on with it! Personally, the way I see it....if you have beef with the fact that people of a black origin love Evisu, therefore its no longer a good brand then your either ignorant or a racist. Amongst many other things too but I'm not here to go into that.

The important thing is no matter what people say....if you know about denim and you actually looked into the entire range that Evisu offer to the consumer, its actually a very decent collection. Season after season. Yeah it may not be to everyones preferences or tastes but each to their own. Thats the great thing about fashion and there's always something for everyone.

But for those to post stupid comments about how Evisu is sh*t because its seen in hip hop videos etc is just plain stupid. Anything with an iconic logo such as Evisu's will always be embraced by the street/urban/hiphop/youth (whatever people wana call it!) culture. Thats a fact. Doesnt mean the brand doesnt produce good clothing.

Yes, I agree that image may be harmed or seen in a different light if people weren't so quick to judge what others are about and look like then it wouldn't be a problem. If peoples attitudes towards one another were equal then this wouldn't be an issue. This world is in a sad state of affairs because of people that have such beef.

Take some time out to research the brand (EVISU) properly, before making ignorant comments and if you have a problem with rap videos then don't watch them. Simple! As for the bathing ape wearing Evisu fans....to them its cool and they know what they wear is expensive sh*t and as long as it makes them feel good then it really doesn't matter what other people think and lets be frank...its good for the business.

Those that think it aint cool - dont wear it and even better, dont be a hater by jumping on forums and making dumb comments. Instead why not spread some useful or positive information??

Sorry to those of you that actually have a brain and general good knowledge of Evisu that have had to put up with this. No offence aimed at you.

For all you Evisu haters out there, check out www.evisu.com/blog and remember, vintage/unwashed denim wasn't a fad or considered cool until Evisu came about.

Travis

I think that what other posters dislike, myself included, is the dilution of the brand brought about, in part, by the European Edition range which sports tacky, overly branded products. Most of them lack the finesse of the early 90s Japanese editions and appear vulgar and ostentatious with a complete lack of subtlety. It's become more a case of conspicuous consumption - 'Look at me, I spunk loadsa wedge on my jeans.'

I don't detect any racist inference from the fact they are now popularised by one section of society. Posters are merely pointing out how hideous the jeans look.

That said, Evisu still produce some superb jeans, but the maxim - less is more, still applies.

Hmm, like I've said, most of the "hood evisu's" I've seen have been fake. The authentic pairs I've seen have been disgracefully ugly. That "70% off sale" type ugly. But evisu can make some good pieces. Like these:

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/nakame-minami-jeans

Or:

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2008/01/31/evisus-nod-to-wrangler-after-8-months/

But, meh....

For all you Evisu haters out there, check out www.evisu.com/blog and remember, vintage/unwashed denim wasn't a fad or considered cool until Evisu came about.

Travis

To make a long story short, you are affiliated with Evisu in one way or another...

Tell me then, how do the Evisu bigshots feel about the fact that MOST OF THE EVISU THAT YOU SEE NOWADAYS IS FAKE????

It has been made popular (to the big public) by a group of people who will only look at the pricetag of an item, and if it's easy to show off the price tag, even better. Hence the love for the overly branded stuff.

At a certain point people come along who don't care about the quality of an item, only about how easily recognizable it's pricetag will be, hell, if they can show of an expensive item without even having to pay full price for it, fine with them, they only care about the logo anyway. So they buy fakes.

This isn't something that only happened to Evisu, look at every brand that shows of its pricetag with heavy branding.

Evisu failed to see that maybe they shouldn't have catered to these people...

In fact, Evisu is very much loved on here...

its a shame how some people will hate on a jean that is "slow-fading", as if quick-to-fade means quality, and hank-dyed means cheap. this is truly a microwave society...its like do you want a quickie jean, or a "make-love-all-night" jean? the wife, or the mistress? most people haven't even seen authentic evisu. as popular and as over-pubbed the fakes are, its funny how 90 percent of the shit on the streets is fugazi. i nigga tried to sell me a pair in a convenience store the other day while i was copping a dutch. his line was " you look like a Red Monkey Junkie" and he didn't even have fake monkeys, just fake evisus.

There's a lot of conflicting/confusing information on Evisu sizing on these boards, so just doing a search of previous threads may not provide clear answers.

I'll throw in my two cents, which hopefully won't confuse the issue further.

For Evisu No. 2 #2000, I would begin by referring to the sizing chart on this page:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004004000004/order/

(scroll down about half way)

The measurements listed are pre-wash, but the denim is sanfordized so shrinking should be minimal, maybe 1" at waist or so. Generally, I think you can go true to your actual waist size or size down one if you're looking for a tighter fit.

For Evisu No. 1 #2000, start with the sizing chart here:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004004000001/order/

These measurements are also pre-wash, but the denim will shrink considerably. Also, even though they are supposed to be the same cuts, I found the No. 1 2000s to feel considerably slimmer and tighter (waist, thighs, crotch, leg openings etc.) than the No. 2 2000s and I think you can see that if you compare the measurement charts. Generally, I would size up one or two sizes unless you are looking for a very tight and slim fit.

HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD REALLY DO TO BE SURE:

Order through the Zipangu Treasures proxy service:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=41096

Masataka at Zipangu is INCREDIBLY helpful when it comes to picking the size you want. Just give him the waist size you are hoping to end up with and he will contact Evisu himself, take into account all shrinkage/sizing issues, and make sure the actual pair of jeans he will be sending you is the right size.

I found ordering from Japan to be a bit of a crap shoot when it came to sizing (charts on web pages were often wrong or outdated), but Masataka really helps take the guess work out of it.

And just to keep the thread on topic--yes, Evisu is still loved. They get a lot of hate here (and the company deserves it), but the Japanese No. 2 and No. 1 Special Denim is still outstanding and ranks among the best I've encountered.

It's Evisu's image and what they now stand for that is no longer loved. Buying a pair of original Evis in the early 90s almost by accident is what got me into denim in the first place. Those painted gulls used to be only about creating the best jeans in the world and there was something beautiful about that purity that was lost when the company went big and started making cheaper stuff, especially for the outside Japan market.

For that reason, I would also go with plain pockets, no painted gulls--or at least the more subtle black gulls or something like that. But that's just me. I'm low key that way.

Good luck and sorry if this got a little long.

This is actually a 2000Z -- i.e. a 2000 with a zipper instead of fly buttons. I've had them for a couple of years, but probably given them only about 5-6 months of continuous wear (however, two months of those were in the tropics, and the amount of sweat they were subjected to daily was considerable...).

Washed once. Size 30 waist. Greencast tigerline selvage. Note the complete absence of leg-twist, due to initial sanforization.

t6z0w2.jpg

238uwo.jpg