Evisu is still loved!

benzak

You serious?

I think the misguided young man was...Unfortunately.

Also, not so classic with the details (but if you like huge painted gulls, maybe you do not care).
The make a nice, plain classic pair...plain pockets, hidden rivets, no waist adjusters..blah, blah....But I don't want to turn this into a PRPS discussion. Atrocious gulls FTW.

I think the misguided young man was...Unfortunately.

The make a nice, plain classic pair...plain pockets, hidden rivets, no waist adjusters..blah, blah....But I don't want to turn this into a PRPS discussion. Atrocious gulls FTW.

i have lots of pairs of evisu. but i think i will sell the lot and stick with just two pairs. one painted and one stiched plain white gulls. the rest of them are just tooooo crazy and i think that evisu is selling out a bit. would love to go to japan and get a handcrafted pair to my spec. i heard that yamane is under investigation for some sort of tax fraud in japan. anyone know?

As far as I know, charge's on suspicion of tax evasion, since Mar 06. Not sure what's the current development though.

Personally, I still like evisu, if it is hand painted with simple pair of kamome or kanji wordings but not when they go loco on certain designs like electrical diakoku, multiple pockets, bonsai etc etc.

has anyone picked up either the light blue or bronze jeans from this collection?

http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/02/evisu-heritage-no1-special-edition-ss07-collection

I haven't seen them for sale anywhere online, the denim looks pretty sick, especially those light blue ones paired up with the matching jacket!!!

most likely pretty expensive, but thought it was strange that I haven't seen them for sale. maybe they are only for sale in select stores or something??

I hope mine does. I got a pair of Gold Fish Diacok from Dr. Jays during their sample sale. Snagged a pair of $100, but I'm not feelin' that whole diacok design. It's just too much. Would it be possible to remove the gold fish diacok? It's not just in the back pocket, it goes down most of the leg too....

The denim and cut itself is very nice. Looking to get a second pair without that funky stuff on the back. Might try the Deluxe, I like the Nakame but can't find my size.

What do you mean by "sample" are they a B grade or defect? Curious :confused: Thanks!!!

Saw and tried the brown box wrangler inspired evisu today.

Hopefully, someone could kindly advise me on the followings :

1) Should I get it as per tag size? My existing pair of #2000 No.1, I sized up 2 inches

from my true waist size and it fits nicely after hot soak.

2) I could be wrong but are there 2 different fits of this model? The one I tried on

is pretty baggy all around.

Thanks.

Ive been wearing these evisu off and on for a year and they arent even broken in at all! they been washed 4 x and taken in 4 inches ( ive lost a lot of weight in a years time) I'll post pics later ( im at work) but I'm pretty upset on the way they look after the last wash the color is all fucked up now!!!

Ive been wearing these evisu off and on for a year and they arent even broken in at all! they been washed 4 x and taken in 4 inches ( ive lost a lot of weight in a years time) I'll post pics later ( im at work) but I'm pretty upset on the way they look after the last wash the color is all fucked up now!!!

maybe they just aint that in to you???

Saw and tried the brown box wrangler inspired evisu today.

Hopefully, someone could kindly advise me on the followings :

1) Should I get it as per tag size? My existing pair of #2000 No.1, I sized up 2 inches

from my true waist size and it fits nicely after hot soak.

2) I could be wrong but are there 2 different fits of this model? The one I tried on

is pretty baggy all around.

Thanks.

id go true to size for a comfortable fit, down one for a snug fit in the waist. unlike the no1, these are sanforized, so they will not shrink.

as far as 2 fits, it seems thats the case. mine, if i had sized true, would have been a pretty slim fit... leg opening at size 32 is right around 7.5 inches i think.

We're talking about Dr. Jays, everything they sell is authentic. From the looks of their current inventory, it looks like they are removing Evisu from their current assortment so they are selling everything at 50-70% to get rid of stock. This was a few months ago.

Samples are given to vendors, which is usually pretty close to get solds at retail with minor changes. Mine was brand new in bag, with tags, everything. I personally don't think it was a sample, more like a clearance sale.

And no I'm not talking about a factory variant or any of that fake China bullshit they feed you lol.

What do you mean by "sample" are they a B grade or defect? Curious :confused: Thanks!!!

Same deal with mine. I barely wore it, just around the house bumming around. Button fly fading.

Damn I want your pair so bad, the colour looks amazing. Is there a slight purple hue in person? The fit looks good on you. Mine on the other hand, I bought true to size and it's suppose to be "slim fit" is baggy all over the place.

button fly fading starting already.... what the fuck?

i have a feeling if i can stick to these jeans they will be fucking amazing

Same deal with mine. I barely wore it, just around the house bumming around. Button fly fading.

Damn I want your pair so bad, the colour looks amazing. Is there a slight purple hue in person? The fit looks good on you. Mine on the other hand, I bought true to size and it's suppose to be "slim fit" is baggy all over the place.

the purple is anything but slight... in full sun it looks very reddish purple... but still has that deep indigo. i got mine true to size... i dont know why yours would be baggy if you did too.

I have been following this thread for quite awhile.

Sorry, i am not sure if this been explained before but

what's the difference between the "D67, D85 etc" denim

especially when it comes to Evisu Heritage line.

Is the difference due to type of fabric used?

I believe this is the d67 (could be off though?) up close

denim018.jpg

denim019.jpg

Thanks Cheep.

I had to give it up unfortunately. The store assistance was kind enough to allow me to measure the brown box/wrangler evisu and the tagged 32" in actual is approx 86cm.

Maybe this would explained the ultra baggy look when I tried it on...

I wear between 81 ~ 83 cm max. I reckoned size tagged 30" would be ideal for me but

they ran out of the size.

BTW, is it safe to assume that in general, unless expressly stated, all Heritage line

is sanforized?

Thanks Cheep.

I had to give it up unfortunately. The store assistance was kind enough to allow me to measure the brown box/wrangler evisu and the tagged 32" in actual is approx 86cm.

Maybe this would explained the ultra baggy look when I tried it on...

I wear between 81 ~ 83 cm max. I reckoned size tagged 30" would be ideal for me but

they ran out of the size.

BTW, is it safe to assume that in general, unless expressly stated, all Heritage line

is sanforized?

yeah... the waist is bigger than tagged... my 32 are probably 34 in reality... they stretch to more than that too. luckily, i like they way they look oversized.

and yes, unless it says unsanforized, you can bet that they are sanforized