Evisu is still loved!

benzak

When I get my Red Box Evisu's in I'll take fit pic's and you can see the difference between these and them.

Why not just take normal fit pics and save all the teaser stuff so we can get a better look. Details like the tags and model number could help answer the sizing question???:o

Why not just take normal fit pics and save all the teaser stuff so we can get a better look. Details like the tags and model number could help answer the sizing question???:o

There's no sizing ? Kush. Just showing you the Jeans! if you want more pic's though no prob. I'll take them tonight.

IMO, from the pics, it looks legit, with reference to the yamane rivet, made in japan label, black & yellow, tiger selvedge. It may have been hemmed (non-chain stiched). I don't really see the leather patch, so I am not sure which version it is.

However, not a fan of the diakoku design though...

prps050.jpg

prps019-1.jpg

old xpost from jean jacket thread

this is a late 90's made in Italy zip front Evisu jacket I pick up a few months back.

Very Nice Jacket Kush! The only thing that I would have liked to be different is for it to be a button up.

Hi all. Its good to see people still showing love to the luxury denim line that started it all. Quick question: I bought some No. 2 0331 Heritage Evisus off of ebay (selvage is red and white). What type of stretching can I expect with these?

I hate to be a pain but I've never ran into anyone who have worn a pair.

Whoa kush. Great product at a great price. Lucky...

BTW, on jacket, I have been itching to get myself a evisu No.1 jacket, probably either Type 1 or 2, but ain't sure about the measurement and shrinkage rate. Any advise?

Whoa kush. Great product at a great price. Lucky...

BTW, on jacket, I have been itching to get myself a evisu No.1 jacket, probably either Type 1 or 2, but ain't sure about the measurement and shrinkage rate. Any advise?

Not sure, the No.1 is tricky. Here's what evisu shows. good luck!

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.evisu.jp%2Fshopdetail%2F004019000003%2Forder%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Here's an example why Evisu is not so loved these days. I was in Selfridge's Oxford Street on Saturday (a big department store in London, for those who don't live here...) in the Evisu section and spotted, amongst all the Chinese-made dross, a 2nd-type Evisu denim jacket, Japanese made, in No. 2 denim. It still had the Japanese price tag on it with the price in yen -- Y28,200 -- carefully inked out, but you could still read it through the ink. Ok, that's 138 pounds or about US$275. Care to guess what the UK retail price was...? 545 pounds, or US$1090. Man, they're havin' a laugh...

The evisu diacoc(sp?) must be the single ugliest denim design i've ever seen. They are the ones with the gulls going all the way down the leg, and look like some bape/bbc garbage. however, i personally like the pumaxevisu collab.

I've only ever seen them once, being worn by a skinny girl, and they actually looked pretty good. Before I saw them on someone I used to think they were hiddeous. Evisu looks a bit out there in the West but then again the weirder Evisu designs wouldn't look that weird in palces like Tokyo or Helsinki.

Here's an example why Evisu is not so loved these days. I was in Selfridge's Oxford Street on Saturday (a big department store in London, for those who don't live here...) in the Evisu section and spotted, amongst all the Chinese-made dross, a 2nd-type Evisu denim jacket, Japanese made, in No. 2 denim. It still had the Japanese price tag on it with the price in yen -- Y28,200 -- carefully inked out, but you could still read it through the ink. Ok, that's 138 pounds or about US$275. Care to guess what the UK retail price was...? 545 pounds, or US$1090. Man, they're havin' a laugh...

heh, they couldn't even be bothered to take off the japanese pricetag?

Whoa...545 pounds for a Type 2 No. 2 jacket? Yamane-san really needs to relook into Evisu's overall product and pricing positioning in the West...but why stop when the bucks are good eh?

Yeah, the sad part is that it isn't even about mark-up, it's about greed. US$275 is already the Japanese retail price (not wholesale) and includes a reasonable estimate of the Japanese retailer's costs and profit margin (which can't be that much less than a British retailer's). How you get from US$275 to US$1090 simply by shipping them to the UK (without even bothering to take off the Japanese price tags!), and paying import duty (17.5% on clothing, btw) is a mystery. Or rather, it's not.

I respect the original Evisu, but the people who are running the overseas brand franchise are just treating it like a cash cow, and will no doubt discard it and move on to something else when it falls out of favour. Sorry if I sound cynical.

Yeah, the sad part is that it isn't even about mark-up, it's about greed. US$275 is already the Japanese retail price (not wholesale) and includes a reasonable estimate of the Japanese retailer's costs and profit margin (which can't be that much less than a British retailer's). How you get from US$275 to US$1090 simply by shipping them to the UK (without even bothering to take off the Japanese price tags!), and paying import duty (17.5% on clothing, btw) is a mystery. Or rather, it's not.

I respect the original Evisu, but the people who are running the overseas brand franchise are just treating it like a cash cow, and will no doubt discard it and move on to something else when it falls out of favour. Sorry if I sound cynical.

sounds more like the store than evisu themselves.

mystikal and souljah boy enjoy evisu genes

you have brought nothing to this thread. neg rep.

sounds more like the store than evisu themselves.

Thats what I was thinking, seems like the store was charging ass gaping prices simply because it was from Japan.

Most of the pairs I've owned have been less than $200. Some less than $150, and these were official retailers.

I should have pointed out this was the official Evisu outlet --- they have their own shop here in London in Saville Row, and branches in two department stores: Selfridges and Harvey Nicols. The prices are identical across all three. I can understand if it was just a 'rogue' retailer trying it on.

Probably you have a more reasonable franchisee there in North America. Don't get me wrong: I'm not Evisu-bashing, just lamenting what's happening (at least here..) to what was a great brand, and one of my favourites.

its not a franchise here in north america... evisu bought back the rights to the name and now control production over all the lines... should be the same there. so, it should be more about what has happened, and know that they are trying to bring it back to where it started. i could be wrong, but im pretty sure thats what i heard from thier head of marketing.

I've only ever seen them once, being worn by a skinny girl, and they actually looked pretty good. Before I saw them on someone I used to think they were hiddeous. Evisu looks a bit out there in the West but then again the weirder Evisu designs wouldn't look that weird in palces like Tokyo or Helsinki.

Speaking of Diacock's on the back of Evisu's my friend and brother love them. Seriously!

My Friends:

evisudarumadiacockd85re1.jpg

My Brothers:

evisukimonoelectriczapdyr5.jpg

Like I said B4 I like mine subtle! I have tried to bring them over from the gaudy side but it was a no go!