Evisu is still loved!

benzak

love the denim on these , have you been wearing the 2101's lately crash? would love to see how there going. still realy bummed i sold the pair i had but i reay wasent happy with the fit , still searching for a pair tho

Flash, chin up! Ive given them a good home :D Ive actually seen a few pairs of 2101's come up on yahoo. And the price is alot lower than the 2501/2504 pairs that occasionally pop up. But I think your after a 29? Seen 30's/31/32 but no 29's.

CTB can I request another lineup of your LHT. You had a shot a while back now of them all together with their various stages of wear. Would love an update on that mate.

Guest rusholmeruffian
I dunno, I daren't wash mine, 34 is the limit for a fat bastard.

Who am I kidding, these aren't going to work for me unless I starve myself for a month or two. Just after getting back near to what I paid. Putting them on ebay today. Anyone interested PM me.

Today I walked into Evisu Saburo (savile row) with the intention of getting a shirt made but walked out with these bad boys for £140 reduced from £395! Last pair they had hidden away in the back!

IMG_1881.jpg

Could someone tell me the background info on these?

Has anyone got a pair of these? what are the fades like? what do people think?

I know these. I had those held off for me when they were in the Selfridges store, but I ended up not buying them since I'm a ts 34 waist, and they measured up at 37 or 38. No one had any proper information on them, not even if they were unsaforized or not. I searched the web for some hours and found a Japanese site that had some info on them back then (late summer 2010), but I can't seem to find back to it now.

The denim is one of their (less extreme) nep fabrics (nep being small knots of fiber, intentionally or unintentionally embedded within the yarn before weaving). It is also a tight woven light weight fabric, compared to the typical No.1 and 2 denims you find on a standard Evisu MiJ pair of jeans. You should expect 1-2 inches of shrinkage; however, I have not tried this out myself, so your results should be interesting.

I know these. I had those held off for me when they were in the Selfridges store, but I ended up not buying them since I'm a ts 34 waist, and they measured up at 37 or 38. No one had any proper information on them, not even if they were unsaforized or not. I searched the web for some hours and found a Japanese site that had some info on them back then (late summer 2010), but I can't seem to find back to it now.

The denim is one of their (less extreme) nep fabrics (nep being small knots of fiber, intentionally or unintentionally embedded within the yarn before weaving). It is also a tight woven light weight fabric, compared to the typical No.1 and 2 denims you find on a standard Evisu MiJ pair of jeans. You should expect 1-2 inches of shrinkage; however, I have not tried this out myself, so your results should be interesting.

its funny that you mention that because on a recommendation from my boss at the time I actually asked about these in Selfridges last year. They pulled a pair out of the draw under the denim rack and i had one look at the £395 price label and walked away.

These were marked as a 36 and looked mahusive! Like you I wear a 34, but when I tried them on the waist was good, i didn't need a belt. and with the first rinse i figure they would shrink down perfectly. i'm considering getting them tapered but i think with a few turn ups and rinse they will be cool. I'm almost positive they arn't sanforized.

and yeah, they are very hairy (like a few of my dead stock 60's levi's) so you are right about the yarn. the salesman told me they had only like a total of 10 pairs of these back then. so its posible they are the Selfridges ones! if you are wondering..they were half price with a further 20% off and because I had heard about them before I bought them straight away at what I thought was an amazing deal.

I learned the hard way 'coming back later' to buy when I was so so close to buying the evisu heritage brown box jeans which are a very similar greeny colour denim. http://www.scosurfing.com/evisu-raw-jeans-worn-unwashed/

came back and they were sold out.

I'm yet to rinse them so if you still want them pm me an offer! haha

Excellent work on those 2000's CTB, can tell they've been through a lot. Can just make out those black gulls. Ever thought about asking your friend to go over them with fresh paint? I think someone posted an image of an old washed out pair with fresh black gulls and they looked mad. Not really a combo you come across to often.

Thanks Freezie. Thats quite cheap, may have to look into it ^_^

Excellent work on those 2000's CTB, can tell they've been through a lot. Can just make out those black gulls. Ever thought about asking your friend to go over them with fresh paint? I think someone posted an image of an old washed out pair with fresh black gulls and they looked mad. Not really a combo you come across to often.

Thanks Freezie. Thats quite cheap, may have to look into it ^_^

Not thought of that - I'm going down to London soon so might have a word...

Nice heads-up, Freezie, and a genius choice of avatar :D