Evisu is still loved!

benzak

close up of the gull please?! looks more like a machine printed one than a hand-painted

It looks like it is machine printed but, I think it is hand painted. It doesn't have that type of laminate feel to it and it looks like it was applied with a brush. It's starting to fade and crack a bit as well. On another note, the "No.1 Special" on the patch is fading off pretty good :(

honestly, ive come to the realization that evisu looks better oversized. when i got my pair i bought a 33, and i was a 33 at the time, and i was never that enthusiastic with the fit. now that im a 31 waist i think they look great on me. i actually got a few compliments on them yesterday, so if i ever get another pair of evisu im going up a size or 2

Question for the Evisu-fans: oki-ni have an 'Evisu Lot 2000 No. 3 regular' on sale. Just what is No3 denim, is it any good? Also, are they tts, will they shrink? Would you guys buy 'm for that price? http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-denim-jeans/evisu-lot-2000-no-3-regular-selvedge-raw-denim-jeans/invt/ev0600ind/

quick question about #2000 vs #2001

I own the #2000 in size 35 (which measured 34,5 pre-soak and ended up at 32").

Evisu.jp says that the #2001 in the same size runs bigger (91cm compared to 88,5cm) but size 34 in the #2001 measures just 85cm. that's a huge difference for just on size. someone knows if that is true?

just got back from evisu the tokyo, to buy a new pair of 2000 no.1, and i have important news for anyone thinking of buying via proxy.

the latest no.1 denim shrinks *more* than the last batch. i got a pair last year which had the silver/black selvedge, and got a 34 to shrink down to my normal 32, the guy at the store warned me that i should size up one more to a 35 to get the same fit with the new denim (it's a redline selvedge now) and even gave me an already washed pair to try on, and he was 100% correct.

i won't be taking measurements, pictures etc until i get back to nyc, but thought i would post about this to help anyone who is going to proxy them now due to the sale/earthquake relief.

quick question about #2000 vs #2001

I own the #2000 in size 35 (which measured 34,5 pre-soak and ended up at 32").

Evisu.jp says that the #2001 in the same size runs bigger (91cm compared to 88,5cm) but size 34 in the #2001 measures just 85cm. that's a huge difference for just on size. someone knows if that is true?

It wouldn't surprise me if that was true - Evisu Japan's sizing is notoriously unreliable - my 2000s are tagged 34 but pre-soak were 32 already, which led to some interesting stretching issues :D

Good info, the_ming, thanks for the heads-up. Gotta spread, etc etc etc. Looking forward to pics n stuff :)

Thanks for the info the_ming, hope mine don't shrink up to drastically.

check the selvedge, if it's black/silver then you should be fine, if it's redline then just be careful with the shrinking (i mean, with my current pair i put them through 2x hot machine washes and a hot dryer as per the evisu store instructions, but if you are concerned withe shrinkage i wouldn't be so drastic)

Question for the Evisu-fans: oki-ni have an 'Evisu Lot 2000 No. 3 regular' on sale. Just what is No3 denim, is it any good? Also, are they tts, will they shrink? Would you guys buy 'm for that price? http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-denim-jeans/evisu-lot-2000-no-3-regular-selvedge-raw-denim-jeans/invt/ev0600ind/

i believe the no.3 is the cheapest one out of 0,1, and 2. The fabric is from Japan and is assembled in China. I have a pair of lot 2010 no.3 and i sized down 1. I bought my pair for $45

hope this clarifies

I'm about to buy a pair of 2000 no1 from Evisu.jp, had a pair of 34(old batch) that I resold cause the waist was a bit too big, should I still buy a 34 cause there's more shrinking with the new batch or stick with my first idea of getting a 33?

just took pre-soak measurements on my new 35s, and they are in their first hot wash of two before a hot dry.

once they're done, will post those measurements, the post dryer measurements and some pics if i get around to taking any (but let's be honest, we know what a brand new pair of these looks like, what we want to know about is shrinkage.)

Here's my measurements, this was after a 30 minute hot soak and towel dry. These are from the new batch.

Measurements

pre/post

waist - 32/30

thigh - 12.5/11.75

inseam - 36/32.5

knee - 9.625/8.75

Leg opening - 8.25/7.75

Front rise - 11.5/11

back rise 14.25/14

ok, so i took the more aggressive approach since i sized up 3 and wanted to get all the shrinkage out at once. this is exactly what i did to my pair last year and i have been very happy with them.

2 x hot wash + cold rinse (1st with no spin, 2nd with spin) both with extra rinse option. i saw plenty of blue water both times.

30 minutes of hot dryer time, broken up at the 15 minute mark to spray the patch (front and back side) with water. this is to keep the patch from shriveling and cracking.

here are the measurements:

raw:

waist: 35"

front rise: 11.5

back rise: 15"

upper thigh: 13.5

knee: 10"

leg opening: 8.5

inseam: 37"

after 2x hot wash + hot dry

waist: 31.5"

front rise: 10.5"

back rise: 13.5"

upper thigh: 12.5"

knee: 9.25"

leg opening: 8"

inseam: 33"

edit: they fit perfectly. i may still hem them a bit, but otherwise, perfect fit.