Evisu is still loved!

benzak

what jeans your wearing here bud? and i can see some cats paw what boots are those? cool shit cool shit

Thanks Ed. Those are Denime 66 (not xxdenim). And the boots are the railman boots from Toys McCoy.

I'm soaking the 2006's as we speak and I'll post some pics when they dry.

but I think you got yourself a proper deadstock pair of old Evis jeans...

CTB, you might be right! The store had them in the display shelf and it was the only pair left. I was asking specifically for a cinch-back suspender button joint and the salesperson pulled these out. Probably not the most popular item at the Evisu store.

CTB, you might be right! The store had them in the display shelf and it was the only pair left. I was asking specifically for a cinch-back suspender button joint and the salesperson pulled these out. Probably not the most popular item at the Evisu store.

I think you might have got yourself something decent, popular or no...never occurred to me when you first posted them, either that or I've learnt something since them.

And I'm feeling the cinch-back as well...Lot 2004 is something that I will have to get at some point in the future...

you evisu boys should check BIGs evisu updates. i love the handwritten letter. gordon says the selvage color on the #1 vary, but if #2 is a (now specified as 'half sanforized') version of #1, i find it intriguing how ive never seen #1s with a red line... not that i doubt gordon, its just proof i dont know shit...:o. but would i pay over $100 for someone to 'half sanforize my jeans'? i think not! there are other brands from osaka that only offer unsanf denim(you know who they are), and their basic cuts cost a lot less than $350 . is yamane just charging more cause evisu is the most popular? what would make evisus#1( or#0) superior to say samurai zero denim, or fullcounts denim, or warehouses legendary 1000xx?(all of which i own and have worn) ive fondled the #1 before, and its great shit, i just didn't see anything that made it superior to the usual outstanding denim im accustomed to im not critisizing, i really want to know. these are the things i ponder as im falling asleep @night...

Evisu JP makes a new denim every season for their no.1 and 2 versions, so the denim and also selvedge will vary.

I like the 2001 cut and the no1 denim a lot, but I dont either see how its worth 30 000yen when all other brands are like 20 000yen.

Some pics, as promised - forgive the artificial lighting, it's as gloomy as all get out here today (hailing and snowing outside, too)....

There's a very nice belt that was slipped into the package with my Hotei Fans, plus the brand-spanking-new black kamome 0005's in No.2, and Left vs Right (including the thread-wrapped denim line....which was done to mimic vintage Lee's, so I was informed):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

More to follow in next post.... :)

Hi, can someone please tell me if these are fake or not?

I'm no expert on women's jeans, funnily enough, but I'd say they're real. Certainly the one seller (Dieselofmiami) is legit, but you knew that already from reading through the thread, no?

It seems that Takashi is starting to wear a pair of 2000 in No.1 denim. It should be interesting to follow.

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/evisu-jeans/2000.html

Interesting indeed... :)

There's a very nice belt that was slipped into the package with my Hotei Fans, plus the brand-spanking-new black kamome 0005's in No.2, and Left vs Right (including the thread-wrapped denim line....which was done to mimic vintage Lee's, so I was informed):

That denim looks more impressive every time I see it......Nice that they gave you a free belt too.

Fit pics ASAP!

Fixed for you.

I just got a pair of 2000s no. 1 but i need a little info on the shrinking/stretching aspects before i soak - if my true waist size is somewhere between 32 and 33, and I bought the tagged size 33 (33.5" waist), would a hot soak be too much? or might they stretch to just the right size?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

I just got a pair of 2000s no. 1 but i need a little info on the shrinking/stretching aspects before i soak - if my true waist size is somewhere between 32 and 33, and I bought the tagged size 33 (33.5" waist), would a hot soak be too much? or might they stretch to just the right size?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Soak them whilst wearing them, or wedge something in the waist to keep it at your size whilst soaking and then wear them when damp...

You'll have to get the shrinkage out of the way at some point, so keep an eye on it the first few times they get wet and you should be fine...

i went by the store here in town that has the heritage #1denims(pink line) for $135. they are still there, and a bunch of other authentic heritage stuff. the website is www.limitededitioninc.com. the #1 is truly a lovely denim. i brought in samples of samurai, oni kabuki vedge, warehouse 1000xx, and fullcount for comparison/contrast. the selvage line of the #1 denim is very vibrant compared to the fullcount denim. its heavier, about the same weight as the warehouse. it's very similar to the 1000xx WH denim, but it fades a lot slower. all the samples seemed equal in terms of overall quality, its just that each has its own attributes that sets it apart. the #1 is certainly impressive, but theres nothing about it that made it seem superior to other denims in the same echelon ...i love the D85 (always have) but its sanf., so i cant fuck w/it.

that #4 shit is trash compared to the#1.

. the #1 is truly a lovely denim. i brought in samples of samurai, oni kabuki vedge, warehouse 1000xx, and fullcount for comparison/contrast. the selvage line of the #1 denim is very vibrant compared to the fullcount denim. its heavier, about the same weight as the warehouse. it's very similar to the 1000xx WH denim, but it fades a lot slower. all the samples seemed equal in terms of overall quality, its just that each has its own attributes that sets it apart. the #1 is certainly impressive, but theres nothing about it that made it seem superior to other denims in the same echelon ...i love the D85 (always have) but its sanf., so i cant fuck w/it.

that #4 shit is trash compared to the#1.

I reckon some folks won't be too keen on trying the #4, since it's open-yarn denim...Too perfect I hear.

Glad to know that they heritage line stands up favorably to renowned brands.

crashtest - thanks, but personally i'm not crazy about the idea of soaking on-body. i'd just as soon size up, probably. but assuming the waist actually shrinks the 2.5" inches down to a 31", could i wear those with the top unbuttoned until they stretch out to a 32 or so?

You could...or put them on whilst damp, and grin and bear it whilst getting that top button done up, and then stretch it out from there...try doing it lying down, with the jeans pulled up as high as possible, and you'll hopefully be alright...

like i said the #1 is great, and i love the way the #2(which is now #3)sunrise selvage's warp intersects with the weft where it looks kinda rounded along the twill-line. i just wanted cats who might want the #1 for a steal, as long as they aren't MIJ particular,as these are the macau ones. this town is real denim-dumb, so a lot of dudes go to the flea market on southside and cop evisu /true religion/red monkey knockoffs for like 40 bucks and you cant tell niggas they shit stink. so the real evisus remain unsold...