Evisu is still loved!

benzak

for the No.2 on big it says silver selvage, but the pics show red selvage, as far as i know the last batch of No.2's from japan were all tiger selvage, silver selvage batch was for No.1 only. So whats what?

each batch of denim from a particular factory produces a different selvage colour

yeah some gulls are ugly as hell, i think the plain whites are pretty cool. would be a lot cooler if they were handpainted

I've looked again, and don't like the gulls on BiG's jeans at all. I'm pretty surprised that they didn't just buy in a job lot of jeans with handpainted gulls, rather than sell them with the printed gulls :(

Even if they'd only done ecru handpainted gulls, it would have been an unique selling point and a rare chance for people in the US to have them...

Of course, there's always Hiroko...

yeah some gulls are ugly as hell, i think the plain whites are pretty cool. would be a lot cooler if they were handpainted

I don't have much of an issue with them. They're pretty generic, but they don't necessarily look ugly.

for the No.2 on big it says silver selvage, but the pics show red selvage, as far as i know the last batch of No.2's from japan were all tiger selvage, silver selvage batch was for No.1 only. So whats what?

each batch of denim from a particular factory produces a different selvage colour

I'd say that's a gross error.

Got a evisu jacket off ebay. Almost perfect condition. Its a zip jacket and i have no clue what lot number.

Sadly leather patch is gone, red tab has been cut off but i can see the remains of it. So its a japanese jacket.

Rivets read "S.C.&CO/TR" / Scovill. All buttons read STYLE CRAFT&CO/DELUXE. Button Rivet is Scovill. The zip is an Yamane one. The other interesting bit is the selvedge is red and the cinch has a needle point.

I have heard that Evisu stopped doing this some years ago i just havent got the date for that.

Paint looks abit weird actually and cracking rather easily. I think the jacket is actually an Evis jacket and the denim is NO.2.

Pictures:

dscf4049xt6.th.jpg

dscf4061vu4.th.jpg

dscf4073rz8.th.jpg

dscf4075cn1.th.jpg

Oh well no one home so i had to take some awkward self timer pictures

dscf4081.th.jpg

Dunno why my jumper looks like it was pulled down so much.

dscf4083t.th.jpg

Its got a 33.7 inch inseam... Im 6'0 tall i'm hoping to get some stacks going with them and have some left over to flip the cuff up... What are your thoughts on soaking them cause I'm an evisu noob but not a raw denim noob and i've never soaked any of my other raw denim?

A 33.7" inseam doesn't sound like much, if you're six foot tall and wanting to cuff them...

Whatever, I'd soak them for maybe half an hour, but keep an eye open for inseam shrinkage as you might need to stretch them out.

What does soaking the evisus do as opposed to wearing them straight raw? Just curious as to why everyone says soak them... also should i do the soak with them on? Thanks in advance...

Most evisu jeans are Shrink to fits, meaning they will shrink when soaked /washed (for the first time) . If you wear them raw and fade them and later wash/soak for the first time, theyre gonna shrink , and everything will be wack

What does soaking the evisus do as opposed to wearing them straight raw? Just curious as to why everyone says soak them... also should i do the soak with them on? Thanks in advance...

Soaking them first:

Remove some starch (note thate compare it to some other raw denims, evisu's jeans have huge amount of starch)

More comfy to wear (in my opinion)

to get some shrinkage (it differs from no1, no 2)

easier to get the fades, creases, etc defined

Wearing them raw

May damage the fabric in long term, longetivity

Harder to get creases honeycombs etc -> because of the starch

its like youre wearing a tinplate pants, not jeans

In my personal experience, i'd recommend you to soak them. But i doubt u will get decent stacking with that pair due to short inseam

I had the Leepro's in this cut and I'm 6'2" and i barely got stacks, unless I sagged. Get them try them and then if you don't like send them back. Also these will barely shrink. .5" in waist and inseam.

Its got a 33.7 inch inseam... Im 6'0 tall i'm hoping to get some stacks going with them and have some left over to flip the cuff up... What are your thoughts on soaking them cause I'm an evisu noob but not a raw denim noob and i've never soaked any of my other raw denim?

I thought starch gave better creases?

I'd say not...the starch can dictate how the creases form, instead of the wearer's body...and natural creases are more wabi sabi when it comes to fades...

Plus, you'd want to get any shrinkage out of the way BEFORE the denim fades, no? Last thing you'd want is for your combs to shift an inch up your leg because you'd worn them for a while before washing...

I'd say not...the starch can dictate how the creases form, instead of the wearer's body...and natural creases are more wabi sabi when it comes to fades...

Plus, you'd want to get any shrinkage out of the way BEFORE the denim fades, no? Last thing you'd want is for your combs to shift an inch up your leg because you'd worn them for a while before washing...

Amen Brotha!!!