What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Aaron - Yeah it was really nice and the jobinterview was great as well, just need to check some details with my professor and after that i should be living in switzerland for the next 6 months ;)

looks like much fun and food is always nice ;) devil dog + devil boy is a great combo!

ran - kebabs?... so you call this...

IMG_0267-1.jpg

...kebab in amerika?

For us german folks kebab looks like this!

1057919169_f57c98e746.jpg

left work and lo and behold it was still light out

5539472603_379e7f02d0_z.jpg

then waited for a bus and checked out the bokeh on my ultrawide

5540058952_ca19f3c24c_z.jpg

ended up in crown heights

5540064722_f78d5593ef_z.jpg

and hung out with friends but didn't take photos

today (saturday) i walked in prospect park and found some signs of spring

5541092497_1459c71aa9_z.jpg

5541097629_0a0af31ac7_z.jpg

5541104507_5fcefb81e2_z.jpg

5541694172_d661cbbfaa_z.jpg

SHANGHAI STORY

( PIC FLOOD!)

What i have been doing with NFXMOMO

Ready Myself For this shanghai Journey

IMG_0171.jpg

Arrive at Hangzhou train station

IMG_0172.jpg

Come the train

IMG_0173.jpg

Seated inside and rest a bit and here we go

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Cruising At 250Km/H which is fast!

IMG_0178.jpg

an hour later we arrive at shanghai international airport and station which is combine

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Talk to this guys quite much about this and that

IMG_0301.jpg

and then he hem my girl evisu which had been purchase before

IMG_0302.jpg

Say bye2 to the shop manager

aint forgetting myself for a gift

IMG_0333.jpg

After that me go to lunch at

IMG_0319.jpg

Her name is

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

my next journey is to the nike store

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Sixth months ago I had the opportunity to hop in my flatmate's truck the patch of land that the organization he co-founded (United Future Foundation) had recently bought for the purpose of building a primary school. In the ensuing six months I had the pleasure of watching my otherwise-mellow friend reach all stages (which I know well) of near-panic and over-extension as he ostensibly oversaw the building of a nascent school, the hiring of four teachers and the enrollment of 81 local nursery (kindergarten) and Primary 1 (first grade) students. I finally had the opportunity to revisit the site and was - to put it lightly - stunned. United Future Foundation has put up what I will confidently say is the nicest, most well-thought out and most well-appointed village school I have seen in my year and a half in Uganda (and I've seen a fair number of schools...). The fact that I know that my flatmate managed to pull this off between early September and when the school term began on 30 January makes it all the more remarkable; well I know how the best-laid timelines can be waylaid in Uganda.

Beyond producing a remarkable environment for 81 students (and more soon...) in what must be record time, my flatmate is one of the most critical individuals I have met in the development world. Though he and I do have some fundamental disagreements about models of development, I cannot think of a person I would rather be doing the work that he is doing (and I continue to try to get him to change my mind about development...).

The UFF bus picks up some stragglers on the way

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

If that isn't love in her eyes, I don't know what is.

IMG_1888.JPG

The nicest village school I've seen.

IMG_1903.JPG

My flatmate, the head teacher and teacher-trainer in what currently functions as the office

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

Lucky, the attack dog

IMG_1908.JPG

I dig the innovative architectural details

IMG_1907.JPG

Student head-shots

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

One of the more interesting designs for latrines I've seen. Also the nicest village latrines I've seen.

IMG_1931.JPG

The doorway on the front side goes to the teachers' latrines. Two doors on the back side go to boys' and girls' latrines.

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

The long walk...

IMG_1935.JPG

A classroom to rival American schools.

IMG_0125.jpg

They forgot to label the goatee.

IMG_0123.jpg

My only critique: they seriously need to step up their game in the coffee-shop.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

APC Madras

Canon DSLR camera strap, beaded in Karamoja (North-Eastern Uganda) in typical Karamajong (semi-nomadic tribe similar to the Masai) style

ROYxCone

Freeman

seal club sandwich - nice to see something that looks familiar around here!

IMG_2184-pola.jpg

IMG_2092-pola.jpg

heard the rains down in africa as we got home

"Tanganda" tea sounds like it could be from my neck of the woods, but I've never heard of it...?

And good to see the rainy season has hit there too. We've had a couple torrential dumps in the past week, after a pretty long dry stretch.

today my jeans went to the Bowlriders cup at kona skatepark. i took my son who was happy for the first hour or so, but then started asking me to leave... only go to shoot photos of the girls and masters division... had a bunch of good stuff... then i got home and my flash card fucked up and i lost all but one of the shots i took today.

IMG_0097.jpg

fuck.

so then i took a walk to the park. took a waywt pic on top of a back hoe.

IMG_0853.jpg

while i was on the walk, i noticed a funny looking plant, so i took a picture of it.

IMG_0859.jpg

never seen that growing around here... maybe an invasive species... anyone familiar with it??

and i cant do anything with that funny plant... for fear of losing my job.

fuck.

at least i can post on sufu again.

"Tanganda" tea sounds like it could be from my neck of the woods, but I've never heard of it...?

Tanganda is from Zimbabwe; I think Mrs. Club Sandwich bought the box because of the design work.

And good to see the rainy season has hit there too. We've had a couple torrential dumps in the past week, after a pretty long dry stretch.

We've been getting steady rains since January...it makes mining a challenge, but I love the rainy season. Serious thunder/lightning at least two/three times a week.

I empathized with your coffee picture - I'm currently brewing my coffee in a tea-pot as the imported french press died an early death. African innovation.

last thursday...

we headed of in the ute to the end of the first stage of the tour

were passed by an ambulance

heart sank

sure enough big crash early in the race and one of the guys in the team i was running round after smashed his collar bone and clavicle

but th race goes on, including his 14 yr old son riding with the elite for the first time

only 17 of them to run round after now...

finish line in dargaville, the kumera capital

racein.jpg

great architecture of the town

racein1.jpg

great upside down river (murky on top, clear underneith

racein2.jpg

great shopping centre

racein3.jpg

friday...

red sky in the morning shepards warning

mirror.jpg

but then it looked nice by 7am

mirror1d.jpg

today i left ahead of the cyclists so i had time for a tikitour through some places id never been

random road through random bush by random stream

mirror2w.jpg

nzs biggest kauri tree dwarfed by Total Giant

mirror3e.jpg

after driving up and down and round crazy corners we arrived at the last decent of the next stage end

mirror4.jpg

free range?

mirror5i.jpg

our bach for the night

mirror6.jpg

i unpacked and set about cooking up 2kgs of bacon and making bacon sandwiches for them to eat as they came in, just finished when i heard the pilot vehicles go past, drove to the finish line, where the mornings warning finally came to play and the sky started to fall on us. i took the few elite guys in the team back to warmth and food then stood in the rain cheering for the rest

mirror7.jpg

of course after they all came in the rain stopped

we headed off to that evenings prize giving in the village

its most famous resident

mirror8.jpg

he used to play here

mirror9.jpg

street art?

mirror11.jpg

wating for the take aways to be cooked, $97 woth of burgers and fries

mirror12.jpg

went for a romatic walk on the beach by myself while mr and the rest had nana naps

mirror13.jpg

found a giant dog

mirror14.jpg

looking back at the bach, was very cool place, weird layout (belongs to some architect) had a spa bath and toilet in a hallway joing 2 of the parts of the house and a two story tree house sleep out thing

mirror15.jpg

saturday, i relaxed and left half an hour after the race, stupid, spent best part of 2 hour drive avoiding the 478 riders

but when i got to the end i set up my mobile kai cart and got to work

mirror16.jpg

shackin it like tom cruise in a bad 80s movie

mirror17.jpg

blah blah

caught ferry to next stop

snakes on a plane? BEES ON A BOAT!

mirror18.jpg

mirror19.jpg

dropped my camera while unpacking on otherside FFFFFfffffff

missed scratch in sniff pics of striped marlin being weighed in and some other stuff

apparently im racing/riding as well next year