What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

we kind of had an open day at the studio. we had 3 sets and supplied the models and people paid $50 or so to use the facilities. it was kind of weird at times. i did some behind the scenes stuff and took a few shots of my own.

modelshoot.jpg

modelshoot-2.jpg

modelshoot-3.jpg

modelshoot-4.jpg

showing how he wanted her to pose LOL

modelshoot-5.jpg

modelshoot-6.jpg

modelshoot-8.jpg

Ok, so this is more like a what have my jeans done this week when I remembered my camera.

The normal..trucking it. (Insides of new truck too!)

4549552763_ce79c996dd.jpg

After work drove through Venice to meet up with a friend

4549568945_670638fc1f.jpg

Had to wait for a few minutes while he was in the shower, his home is a playground....

4549575417_3e7d6ce111.jpg

4550250158_ea49793d27.jpg

...so I am not mature at all

4549620037_9dd921f091.jpg

The swing needs to get played with more

4550252392_647f250e2b.jpg

Got to meet my friend's puppy, Chester.

4550255182_7a80e5a804.jpg

Today all my jeans did was go to a Grilled Cheese Invitational (camera died)

Now I am

4549618013_1ac85ef572.jpg

On a Top Gear Marathon

4549619061_fbc4d64f2a.jpg

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

Today my jeans & I were up at the start of the London marathon - the nipper & I have done this a couple of years now, packing up the runners' bags of belongings onto lorries, in numerical order, so all 37,000 can find their own bag when they've run the full 26 miles. I

Last year we got assigned to all the people in silly costumes, which was great, as we popped down the road, a few miles on, to cheer 'our' runners. THis year we were looking after the international runners. THey were a bit serious. WE were still sorting out their bags when they set off, but we still managed to make it down to the startline for a few fashion tips, when most of the Brit runners were starting out.

Fairies are popular this year. Especially pink ones.

pinkfairy.jpgpinkfairy2.jpgpinkfairy3.jpg

Not sure how you'd desribe this outfit, A bit Freddie Mercury maybe...

Manindress1.jpg

Batman and his eager young sidekick.

Batmanrobin.jpg

Batman & RObin didn't realise their arch-enemy was on their tail

Penguin.jpg

After most runners had left the start we walked down the hill, from Blackheath, towards the river. Just off the edge of the heath is Vanbrugh Castle - this was built around 1700, and is probably the first medievalised building in Europe. It's separated into apartments now.

castle.jpg

By the bottom of the hill the runners have done maybe 5 miles. A few of them are struggling. Not these gents. I like this look for a runner. I can see it working for a few SuFu'ers. Roy, Florian??

Citygents.jpg

THe rhinos look in a good mood:

Rhinos.jpg

But Rich, in the front, is looking rough. i think he might need the services of the nurse just behind him. About 800 yards down from here, the road bends and runs past a good pub. THis is the point where many faint hearts realise they won't make it and go in for a drink. I bet that is where I would end up. Not sure if Rich will make it that far. Good luck, Rich.

fatmannurse.jpg

OUr payment for packing all those bags and getting there at 6.45 in the morning? A shirt. Result!

staff.jpg

We met some friends at the bottom of the hill and dropped in for a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie. About an hour later, the first runners were coming in, just over 2 hours. We saw our city gents lunching in style, in the middle of Tower Bridge - then I realised why they were running, for a cancer charity, in memory of a child. So it's not just a laugh.

businessmenagain.jpg

1pm. Back home across the park. Up on the hill you can see Greenwich observatory, on the meridian line where East meets West. It had been cloudy and drizzly all morning - now the sun is coming out. Normally the park is packed, today everyone's still watching the stragglers make it through. Me... I think I'll be heading to the pub soon for some Meantime beer. Have a great Sunday...

observatory.jpg

I love this thread!

my jeans and I took a trip up to Killeen, TX, and Fort Hood. the jeans and I spent a lot of quality time there doing research, and we needed to take some pics for an upcoming presentation and for general documentation purposes before we leave Texas. neither the jeans nor I are especially handy with a camera, so we brought a friend who is a pro. I'll be getting proper pics from her tomorrow, but here is some random p&s stuff.

various old vehicles at the 1st Cav museum. the trees and grass and split rail fence give a sort of pastoral effect, like they have been put out to graze.

wayjdt%20april%206%20%28museum%29.jpg

some sort of M113 apc derivative I think, 1st Cav barracks across the street:

wayjdt%20april%201%20%28113%29.jpg

so much rain here, I've never seen Ft. Hood look so green.

a mural in downtown Killeen, this part of which is basically deserted, especially on a Sunday afternoon:

wayjdt%20april%202%20%28mural%29.jpg

nothing is open:

wayjdt%20april%203%20%28window%29.jpg

around the corner, I discovered this, which I offer to you all in lieu of a proper denim shot:

wayjdt%20april%204%20%28levis%201%29.jpg

wayjdt%20april%205%20%28levis%202%29.jpg

next time I am up I will try to get a shot without that shadow. who wants to identify what this gent is wearing?

another concert with NO good pictures. but our Pantages theater didn't allow photography for this one, which sucks, because Jónsi from Sigur Rós was one of the most incredible concerts I have ever seen. even if you're not a fan of his music, if you love music AT ALL! you will love this show. I ran out of ways to describe it last night...

not to hype him at all...lol.

crappy low light cell phone pics.

2010-04-25200642-Version2.jpg?t=1272289472

2010-04-25204922-Version2.jpg?t=1272289502

2010-04-25205838-Version2.jpg?t=1272289530

2010-04-25211044-Version2.jpg?t=1272289546

zxsec8.jpg

This looks like quite possibly the most wonderful candy bar ever!

2010-04-25205838-Version2.jpg?t=1272289530

Funny, before I read your post, I saw this photo and thought, "Hey, that looks like Sigur Ros." Best show ever. I wish I could get out of town and see Jónsi while he's here. If you haven't seen Sigur Ros' DVD Heima, you MUST.

If you haven't seen Sigur Ros' DVD Heima, you MUST.

oh I watch it once a month. the cinematography / music is truly amazing, plus I can't get enough of (song #8) at the end of the Reykjavik show. I thought i was going to miss out on that kind of epic walking into this show. I WAS VERY WRONG. it was powerful beyond belief, every bit as monolithic as a sigur ros show.

and his tour drummer is insane. he made it worth watching by himself.

I'm just about to order the Limited Edition, which comes with a DVD in which he plays the album acoustically.

Took a break from the farm on Sunday and had a pretty chill day.

IMG_04285.jpg

Spent the morning hanging out by the lake behind my house.

Then wenT to my buddys to ride and help dig his trails. Shit video but you get the point...

Eq3yOTb0f04

IMG_04397.jpg

Had a BBQ feast for lunch with the local crew.

Then had to leave and go back to the farm to close up the greenhouses because it started pouring out of nowhere. At least we got a rainbow after.

IMG_04831.jpg

Went to my girls and had some more BBQ for dinner. This time alittle bit healthier.:)

IMG_04394.jpg

IMG_04396.jpg

nomnom

By the bottom of the hill the runners have done maybe 5 miles. A few of them are struggling. Not these gents. I like this look for a runner. I can see it working for a few SuFu'ers. Roy, Florian??

Citygents.jpg

I don't think I could pull it off, but Florian, definitely, would look dapper.

Did the Penguin escape?

ROy, you gotta get out of your comfort zone. If I can masquerade as a 40s US soup kitchen patron, as crownzip once accused me so cruelly, you can pop a bowler hat atop that immaculate coiffure.

THe penguin made it in 4 hours 50 minutes according to londonmarathon.com

which is pretty good going with those short legs.

Paul T;2262726. If I can masquerade as a 40s US soup kitchen patron, as crownzip once accused me so cruelly, you can pop a bowler hat atop that immaculate coiffure.

which is pretty good going with those short legs.

'40s soup kitchen patron, eh. Heh heh. That's pretty good. I'll have to +rep CZ for that.

A really Denim kind of day today.

Got the bike out and headed to the city. Also unintentionally struck Quite the pose.

IMG_2439.jpg

This should be a lovely shot of the los Angeles skyline from my hill but its cloudy as all hell today. Or was...

IMG_2440.jpg

I got this fabric at a remnants place to make pocket bags. I dig it. 1$

IMG_2441.jpg

Lovely Los Angeles Fabric district.

IMG_2442.jpg

Great store for just about anything you want except for Nice denim. Got thread, and Rivets and Buttons.

IMG_2443.jpg

Back on the bike to Go to....

IMG_2445.jpg

Forgot to take pics of the lunch but it was curry chicken.

IMG_2446.jpg

Home safe and out of sweaty 17oz jeans, 10 yards of Cone mills denim chillin on the right.

IMG_2447.jpg

Thread spamming. Sorry. But Ive been pretty much Off the Net for 3 weeks or so. Been Visiting the folks in New Hampshire and had a wonderful time.

Mom and Dad are doing MAJOR renovations / demo / landscaping and I was called in to do lots of heavy lifting. We cut down about 20 trees that were either dead or dangerously hanging over the house. Dad and the tree.

IMG_2392.jpg

Earl the dog helping the fades along.

IMG_2394.jpg

Dad Has a sweet stand up fishing kayak. Took it out to a local pond for some fly fishing.

IMG_2411.jpg

jeans. Boat.

IMG_2412.jpg

The pond.

IMG_2413.jpg

Caught about 15 of these little bastards.

IMG_2414.jpg

Blurry Small mouth Bass.

IMG_2418.jpg

Sunset

IMG_2421.jpg