What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

5189148714_caf10b1099_z.jpg

5188548051_509354ea27_z.jpg

-Z- your eye just keeps getting more and more amazing. I swear I think in the relatively short time I've been actively following your updates, the quality and artistry of your photos has noticeably improved - from an already high starting-level!

^you are too kind.

And thanks for the rep Paul! And almostnice!

Just need to find time to finish that book for dkatz.....;)

'Twas a sad day here. I buried my twelve year old dog, who was having long bouts of not eating or getting out of bed.

Sleep well in your blanket of roses...

roseap.jpg

Upon hearing of her death, St. Francis ordered the sky to blanket her in the year's first new fallen snow...

mollyssm.jpg

heart goes out to you Zissou.

IMG_3220vfrg.jpg

Have been building a fenced in area with B for the doggy over the last few days. Almost done. Free railroad ties and old fencing.

IMG_3204vfr.jpg

till dark

IMG_3206fre.jpg

IMG_3208vrty.jpg

Lining the inside with buried chainlink incase he is a digger.

IMG_3216bgt.jpg

He should be chillen in here by Sunday night. Cold Bre

Jawns

IMG_3230sqw.jpg

sams

IMG_3231ewq.jpg

IMG_3225bgt.jpg

and sams

IMG_3233bew.jpg

After all the free material and gift cards we have only paid about 50bucks out of pocket.:D

working on those commands. sup

OgiSD64Dh7c

So i went back up to the observatory to do some changes to the system and winterize the structures.

The road was a little more treacherous than we thought it was going to be. unfortunately I don't have any photos of it because i was too busy putting on chains, icing the rock, and digging us out. But we got to the top in perfect time, enough time to see the sun set:

img96772.jpg

Notice the nice little dust storm raging in the valley below:

mg96782.jpg

The light pillar telling of ice in the high atmosphere:

mg96462.jpg

you have to take full advantage of your surroundings.

mg96532.jpg

then a stroke of brilliance as we sat down and started the real work of observing. Transform the bad to good!!! Keep that beer cold!

mg96562.jpg

a wonderful way to keep the beer as cold as when you first opened it.

I got excited.because we started to get some crazy weather... unfortunately just crazy enough we had to shut operations down for the night. (and yes that is in miles per hour.)

mg96612.jpg

This was when i saw the Roy x Cone contest which was about 4 hours from announcement. I got really excited. Jumping for joy thinking this was one contest in which i was going to get in on.

The next night was much of the same. nothing really new but sadly the night when i found out i did not get accepted. SO it was time to drink it away and do something to make me feel productive and distract me from the pain being felt deep within: WASH DISHES like the domestic goddess i am...

mg96862.jpg

The moon was so incredibly bright i was stunned. I walked out to get some air, and was blown away. This is something you must experience.

mg96692.jpg

mg96702.jpg

moon and jupiter right below it, you can see the glow of las vegas to the bottom left:

mg96912.jpg

Part two:

Now for the pretty pictures.

The sky wasn't dark enough to get milky way to pop out.

but you can still see orion's nebula (left of right hand tree) if you look close enough and mars off to the down left from center and orion.

mg96762.jpg

This is the Perseus Galaxy cluster. each one of those fuzy golden spots is a galaxy many times bigger than ours, all gravitationally bound to the one in center. these are the largest gravitational systems in our universe.

perseuscluster1024jpg.jpg

This is what is called the Deer Lick group of galaxies. these are not gravitationally bound but just happen to lie in the line of sight.

deerlickgroup1024.jpg

and lastly my favorite. NGC 2403. This is just a regular galaxy but we took a few frames in hydrogen alpha wavelengths to bring out the star forming regions. this is a very special type of light that is only produced by new stars and star making nebulae. these are the orangy areas in the galactic plane.

ngc24031024.jpg

seeing Graytrains pics compensates more than enough for the crashdown,which status i checked every hour at work yesterday.

5192866792_bb53c141ae_z.jpg

wasnt too crowdy,enough time for shittalking

5192866238_3f56eb4c79_z.jpg

and checking unsuccessfully again...

5192866486_8ae8ff5976_z.jpg

than all of sudden a customer came in,wearing this awesome G 1:

5192867720_202c2cbb7a_z.jpg

5192269591_0f0dd08484_z.jpg

5192868078_eee574bfe9_z.jpg

that really made my,til then,uneventful day!

mg96692.jpg

Mind: blown. Wish we could have you in the contest, if solely for more of these types of posts!

markus you look like you want to punch through the computer screen. i was checking every 15 minutes so i win.

Haha I'm with both of you guys. Kinda pathetic...

so earlier today there was a self-report session with the team from the embassy

mg3773.jpg

filling this form, signing that paper, blah blah...

mg3783.jpg

the embassy staff's that will check all of my doc's

mg3785.jpg

shoegazing-while-queueing

mg3799.jpg

free lunch :P, fried rice+grilled chicken. love em.

mg3599.jpg

heading to this place after i'm full, too bad the queue to the beer hall is like crazy

mg3612.jpg

erdnuss

cont'd