edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

ok back to everyday carry

4903714470_0d908779c9_z.jpg

"nigga writing posts on how to use pockets"

Needs another light for the two s one concept.

not trying to beat a dead equestrian but..

i lol'd at moby dick carrying a knight(♘)..

srsly?

and sidenote that you know you've been reading this threak too much when the chicks get hotter when they have good edc..

It's his totem bro, life is a dream.

Girls that carry/know how to use knives, can tie knots, or know how to do outdoors stuff = way hotter.

So the other day I go into my local Office Depot and buy a couple of Sharpie's new liquid pencils for school. Today, via Engadget, I find out that they don't dry to permanence as marketed on the box. :(

That's disappointing.

okay I'm SORRY IN ADVANCE the search thread function won't work in this browser (chrome sux ballz) or in IE so i gotta just ask straight up-

anybody know anything about opinel knives? we got some in the store and they look/feel nice, and the reviews i've read are favorable, but i wanted to leave my fate in your hands, edc crew.

opinel knives - go or no go?

Opinel are nice knives that are simple and pretty well built. For light to medium duty they're pretty solid and have a good reputation. Sort of fussy to open/close but other than that I'd say go for it.

I would disagree with you here except for the part where you admit you are hating. This seems a lot more relevant, especially to a SUFU style edc. I browsed through and saw a lot of gum and sunglasses and cameras, stuff these people probably carry everyday and more so use everyday. I'm not going to hate on all the knife and spork edc'ers, but if you are looking for a more hardcore/utilitarian edc, you know which forums to lurk on.

i respectfully disagree

i think of all places, sufu would not approve of a star wars figurine and such

i did not say we are looking for "hardcore/utilitarian" edc, which imo, should not be grouped together with a / like that… you can have nice design AND utility.

style and utility are not mutually exclusive -- in the persona set, tho, those things are neither stylish or useful (to me, anyway). they are obnoxious and lame.

things like leather wallets, sunglasses, cameras, watches, keychains etc are common in sufu, can be stylish, but also serve purpose and function in everyday life, making them relevant to both sufu and everyday carry.

as far as relevancy to superfuture and the goals of this forum as a whole..

EDC culture is relatively obscure and unknown to these parts of superfuture/ the style/fashion/streetwear community in general. while all the accessories and carry items are familiar here, the concept and culture of carrying them as a set with preparedness in mind wasn't well known.. superfuture is a place to provide information and encourage discussion regarding high quality products etc. i think this thread is in line with superfuture's overarching goals

i am certain this thread has influenced at least a handful of users here and their recent purchases… EDC related gear can be seen on sartorialist/fashion blogs: hella tumblrs, jjjjound, atimetoget, u have broken the interwebz, even hypebeast and self edge etc…

what im trying to say here is that hipsters ruin everything

okay I'm SORRY IN ADVANCE the search thread function won't work in this browser (chrome sux ballz) or in IE

opinel knives - go or no go?

a: search works fine for me with chrome.

b: opinel's are perfectly nice. The blades are decent quality, and if you use it long enough they become really easy to open and lock. Definitely sticky at first. Other than that, it's personal preference. I had mine for years, but eventually was frustrated by the lack of a clip, etc...

yeah i personally like the absence of a clip. thanks for the tips 35% and xmas sub.

ps chrome sucks balls and in both chrome and IE clicking search this thread just takes me to the supertalk main page. probably just this computer i think

oh PS i meant the search this thread function, not the forum search.

My gear changed quite a bit over the summer, so here's a new pockey dump

pdump2010.jpg

Marathon watch

Crank bros m5 tool

WT titanium necker

iphone

headporter wallet

Keys with emerson lanyard thingy and atwood wrench

Pilot mini ss pen

I'm thinking of copping a preon soon to complete this.. My EZAA sucks and I need something without knurling as it rips through my pockets

not trying to beat a dead equestrian but..

i lol'd at moby dick carrying a knight(♘)..

srsly?

and sidenote that you know you've been reading this threak too much when the chicks get hotter when they have good edc..

yo don't you know, that's his TOTEM!!!!!!!

I N C E P T I O N B R A I N S P L O D D D D D E D D D D D D D D D ***

Brane, in my opinion EDC =/= things you carry, semantics but here's my rasoning. EDCers are a more utility driven carry, i.e. knives, lights, multitools, paracord, misc tools and the like. They're usually from a somewhat tactical/survival/utilitarian background and are more mindful of the big picture. If you went up to a hipster and asked them what their EDC was they'd probably think it was some underground band they haven't heard about yet (which would make them mad). That or EDCers are just geeks in a lab.

if u asked what EDC was they'd say it's a rave

i agree with u tho, ppl especially on my tumblr think that EDC is whatever is in ur pockets.. im starting to filter that shiet out cuz its not helpful nor interesting

GEEKS IN A LAB

Muji is my favorite store to find simple and clean EDC stuff. Their pouches are especially useful for protecting small stuff like cell phones and cameras. Their handkerchiefs are pretty cheap as well.

what's in my backpack?

dsc0401w.jpg

from top to bottom, left to right:

-graph paper composition book

-muji leather pencil pouch with pens, markers, moisturizer, and steel ruler

-tissue

-zig-zags, y'know... in case.

-single toothpick

-earplugs

-gum

-declaration of independence

-2 shoelaces in black

-multi-tool

-sunblock

-cigarette case with cigarettes and matches

-electrical tape

-pen

All in my Maxpedition pack with a 32 oz water bottle. Used to carry a titanium spork and a pocket can opener but I never used them so I took them out.

Went exploring this middle school at 1am last night. Hawaii is rich with ghost stories and ancient tales.

Took my streamlight microstream to see where i was going and the Akoray k-106 5 mode for spotlighting.

Was surprised that I was using the microstream not only for path lighting but it was strong enough to use to shine down halls, etc. While the DX Akoray failed on me towards the end of the journey even after I changed the battery.

2 is 1, 1 is none.

My gear changed quite a bit over the summer, so here's a new pockey dump

pdump2010.jpg

Marathon watch

Crank bros m5 tool

WT titanium necker

iphone

headporter wallet

Keys with emerson lanyard thingy and atwood wrench

Pilot mini ss pen

I'm thinking of copping a preon soon to complete this.. My EZAA sucks and I need something without knurling as it rips through my pockets

nice, i have the exact same wallet.

honestly do you guys use all this extra metal you lug around?

i'm sure this has been asked before, and i am probably being a loser, but it just seems impractical and a hinderance. I like to keep light, I only carry:

•iphone

•wallet

•headphones

•chapstick

and that's usually all i carry.

i am quite young so there is no need for me to carry a lot of the stuff you guys do, but when it comes to like stuff like flashlights, do you really encounter situations where you need them? just an inquiry. i'm probably being ignorant. apologies.

(i am quite a fan of the edc tumblr and looking at this sort of stuff).

start from page one, and read until you get to the end, plenty of uses for flashlights etc.

In the month or two I have had mine it has been used at least once a day. Whether it be stumbling around the upstairs of my house late at night without waking the gf, or looking behind cabinets and stuff to find things.

I also use my SAK daily for everyday tasks, like cleaning my nails, opening beer bottles and cutting loose threads.

SR90 is a step in the right direction as far as search/rescue flashlights but theyre already making more compact versions, SR91 and SR92.

if ur just wowed at the throw, nothing can beat the DEFT as of right now. the olight doesnt even have an aspheric lens tho.

if u asked what EDC was they'd say it's a rave

i agree with u tho, ppl especially on my tumblr think that EDC is whatever is in ur pockets.. im starting to filter that shiet out cuz its not helpful nor interesting

GEEKS IN A LAB

We've been doing pocket/bag dumps on here for awhile, granted there are a lot more flashlights and knives and less figurines here in our small community than on the link we've been discussing, but I personally find the smaller less significant items interesting in the sense that it adds some personality to the cold utilitarian aspects of a bug out bag or the like.

i agree that it does add personality, i guess i just h8 that kinda personality

however even from a 'cold utilitarian' pocket dump you can understand a lot about that person's tastes and maaaybe personality.

nice, i have the exact same wallet.

honestly do you guys use all this extra metal you lug around?

i'm sure this has been asked before, and i am probably being a loser, but it just seems impractical and a hinderance. I like to keep light, I only carry:

•iphone

•wallet

•headphones

•chapstick

and that's usually all i carry.

i am quite young so there is no need for me to carry a lot of the stuff you guys do, but when it comes to like stuff like flashlights, do you really encounter situations where you need them? just an inquiry. i'm probably being ignorant. apologies.

(i am quite a fan of the edc tumblr and looking at this sort of stuff).

I found that a flashlight was the item I used the least often, yet the one I was most glad to have when I really needed it. It's certainly a good thing to have on you (yeah, might sound ironical coming from me right now.. ;) )

---

Just got this (pilot S10) from jetpens the other day. First time I buy something worth more than 2 dollars, so definitely looking forward to see how it handles through extended use in class

DSC_0386.jpg

I've said this before, but man, I'm really digging my Spyderco Sharpmaker. Probably the best $50 I've spent in a while. Just touched up my Military in less than 5 minutes and it gave me a razor sharp hair popping edge. I can only imagine what the super fine stones would produce.

ETA: Speaking of pens I need some new ones for classes this semester. I like gel type pens but hate how they can smear. Need a medium thickness black ink. Any recommendations (Sorry i know this has been covered a billion times) Usually use a UniBall Vision exact or Papermate flexgrip Ultra. I like to write really fast and the uniball isn't cutting it.

My Smith & Wesson pen is uncomfortable to write with (poor design where your fingers grip the pen) and the stock cartridge sometimes doesn't write right away when it's been vertical in my pocket.

Oh and try to say "Irish Wristwatch" at a normal speed

dijonnaise what are you using that for? note taking? drafting?

35percent you probably already tried it out, but I love my .25 slicci. Really fine point but the ink comes out smoooooth. Haven't ever had smearing issues. I love it because I like to be able to sketch/write on a pocket sized pad and having such a fine point makes that really easy. I can't vouch for the non-smearability of the thicker ones tho...

my edc has been sucking lately. first, i lost my black embassy pen somewhere in san luis obispo. then, i misplaced my mini-griptiliian at work... and has a new home in someone else's pocket icon8.gif. so to top it all off.... the day before i left for hawaii i lost my keys (house, mailbox, etc...).

so as of now this is my edc (pocket dump)....

[DSC_9648.jpg

motorola droid

supreme case

iron heart 634s world tour zippo

al mar slb

key chain (pill fob, key cover, tweezerman folding clippers, keys, gerber shard, nite glow ring)

hill-side pocket square

tradio pen

rohto eye drops

chapstick

flat head tan mid-length wallet

skull jeans tan wallet chain

4sevens quark 123