edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Fenix E01 for cheaps or upgrade to L1T? I'm not hardcore like some of you guys and need 'self-defense' crap, but I just want a light to carry easily. I'm leaning towards the E01 simply because I don't wanna drop 40 bones on a flashlight.

My Quark Mini AA arrived today, the construction seems far sturdier than my Mini 123, and the batteries will also be easier to source.

Doesn't add much bulk to my pocket edc as it is so slim.

Has anyone tried sharpening a knife using sandpaper/mousepad?

gaDEXuFpeac

This way of sharpening will give you a convex egde. Some people prefer this because they believe there is less drag on the blade and can be easily touched up/sharpened on a strop and can be more forgiving when you sharpen. The hardest part is making your V-edge or double bevel knife into a convex edge, (unless yours comes with one, a BRKT Necker). V edge is better for harder steels as it can sustain a bettere edge, double bevels are still razor sharp, but depeding on the steel and usage may need a bit more sharpening, and some say you feel more drag on the edge with these.

They all sort of have their pros and cons depending on how you use the knife, kind of steel, and how good you are at sharpening.

If you really want to learn about edges, look here for a few minutes.

http://sharpeningmadeeasy.com/ward.htm

sharpen102.jpg

Fenix E01 for cheaps or upgrade to L1T? I'm not hardcore like some of you guys and need 'self-defense' crap, but I just want a light to carry easily. I'm leaning towards the E01 simply because I don't wanna drop 40 bones on a flashlight.

you can pick up the Maratac AAA like Solix said if you want different modes, you can go with an equivalent which is the iTP EOS A3 for around the same price but probably cheaper shipping.

However if you just need the bare minimum general use light and don't care much about beam tint, pattern, etc, go for the E01. It's super reliable, burns forever and is practically bombproof. I got it as my first LED light and I still carry it from time to time.

vm_51884_sol_a02.jpg

so I bought this knife over the weekend at J Crew mens store...it was a total impulse buy, so of course I'm having buyers remorse....can return but I do like the feel of it and the leather punch....any other decent knives come with leather punches that arent $500

vm_51884_sol_a02.jpg

so I bought this knife over the weekend at J Crew mens store...it was a total impulse buy, so of course I'm having buyers remorse....can return but I do like the feel of it and the leather punch....any other decent knives come with leather punches that arent $500

wish i had $500 to drop. i just love the aesthetics of this.

IMG_1010.JPG

Haven't posted in while here... updated EDC

Rothman's Special Mild (took up smoking again after being quit for 4 years... I know I know)

Timex watch

Smith and Wesson Pen (love this!)

Benchmade Griptillian

Zippo (19th birthday gift)

Etymotics earphones (put these through a load in the wash, sunk them in a bowl of rice to dr and they are still kickin)

Keys (with Lacie Iamakey, bottle opener)

Iphone 3gs

Billykirk cuff

Hillside bandana

Billykirk wallet

Canadian funny money

Fenix PD30 flashlight

I just got back from S and R Knives Toronto. They are pretty much the only place to go in the GTA for decent knives. I got my Benchmade there and my pen. I went out to check out their Fenix lights. They just became a dealer and I have been in the market for a while. I wanted something with a high total output, not too small but could fit in my pocket along with my knife and pen. The PD30 fit the bill nicely. While it isn't this years newest model it suited my needs. I was also looking at the TK11 and while nice it was far too big to EDC in my pocket. Would make a nice bag light though.