edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I have been thru so many flashlights via trial and error but whenever i find a good light it feels great... same with knives, pens, etc. everything is trial and error.. carry experience..

what is the difference between a good and bad light? why so specific when i'm sure every one of them gets the job done? school me bro

I obviously knew how to find www.makr.com.

What I meant was, where can I find similar keychains made by different brands. So I can compare prices and quality. Throwing $40 or $32 at any keychain is quite an investment for an average joe like me.

i mean other than buying some leather and the similar hardware yourself its going to be pretty difficult. all of the similar styles of this are at the 30 and above pricepoint. if you really like it that much just dont eat for a few days or sell something you didnt get much use out of. thats how i buy all of my current edc items. selling old shit i bought when i had money or eating bologna sandwiches for a few days.

ok bros, COOL YOUR JETS.

im pretty sure zissou makes a keychain that's KINDA similar. i bet hollows and corter do too. they seem simple enough.

as far as the budget -- with something as important as keys, something you carry everyday that would endanger your family/house/car etc if you lose it, i think it's worth it to spend a little more on a solid keychain. (my thoughts in greater detail here: http://everyday-carry.com/post/428763911/carrying-keys-keys-are-a-staple-in-almost )

and ROYALE

u must be a P-38 cuz u just opened a can of worms bro. A CAN OF WORMS

i have gone thru many lights in the past -- they are good/acceptable for the majority, but they all have their faults and differences that make me not want to carry them every day and potentially entrust my life to it. For example my first flashlight had a blue blob of a beam and max 15 lumen brightness. idk there are just many different characteristics -- it's like buying a pair of jeans or headphones.. there are subtle differences in fit/sound etc and even tho they "can get the job done" they're not something you'd want ot use every day unless they're perfect.

i dont know how much else to describe it but it should be pretty obvious. same thing with cars, computers, phones, everythinggdfskgnfkjlsdghfsd

Different batteries

Different LEDs

Different sizes

Different max lumen

Different modes

Different activation

Different knurling/bezel/design

Different waterfpoof ratings (most are 30 feet)

A good light will be bright, efficient, reliable, and work the way you want it to. A good light for me may not be a good light for you.

I made semi/almost/kinda/farout similar keychain. Except mine is only a thick lace instead of a wide fob like piece. It would be EXTREMELY easy to make your own. Just get a piece of leather and a rivet kit, and maybe a D-ring and a hook type. Less than $20 guarenz.

13 bucks each, right? the rambler is one pen short of being my favorite keychain SAK. possibly favorite SAK ever. B)

my sister wants one too, so ur gf should like it.

EDIT: who cares, victorinox is a good value no matter what. rambler is a great choice.

ok this is like the third time ive seen this set mentioned today

jtrav or whatever the hell has been doing this for quite some time

the problem is, i don't feel this is remotely relevant to EDC

if you actually look at what people have in their bags, it's all just for show. it's more of a collection of "omg here are material things that make me so unique" and less here are some actual things i carry and use. there is not as much honesty in these pocket dumps as i would like

i could recreate that/fit right in if i took a diptych of myself and included the following:

Wayfarers

Burts Bees

Bus Pass (no wallet, cuz no money)

Keys with an ironic keychain

crappy pens

A crayon or two (because im a kid deep down!!)

A Sega GameGear (i keep it old school, dawg!)

Inhaler

Pez Dispenser

Moleskin (skin of a mole)

shitty phone + cell phone charm

a FUCKING CUPCAKE

etc. idk. haters gonna hate

i went through. only 3 knives (excluding wine keys, exactos, and nail files) and 2 of them were carried by girls!

also went through and concluded that out of 80 subjects supposedly photographed nearly 20 of them use carabiner key chains.

i dont want to count the other oddiities.

"oh you lost your keys in the club? hold up my fucking star trooper action figure should be able to use his plastic laser gun to find that for you"

"this chess piece makes a perfect bookmark for this used copy of moby dick i picked up at the flea market. too bad im busy using the twitter app on my iphone to worry about books #pseudointelligenthipsterfuck"

"bro what do you mean its dumb to carry two popsicles around? when they melt i just use this sidewalk chalk i carry to draw them on the wall. so banksy via 3rd grade."

not trying to beat a dead equestrian but..

i lol'd at moby dick carrying a knight(♘)..

srsly?

and sidenote that you know you've been reading this threak too much when the chicks get hotter when they have good edc..

ok this is like the third time ive seen this set mentioned today

jtrav or whatever the hell has been doing this for quite some time

the problem is, i don't feel this is remotely relevant to EDC

if you actually look at what people have in their bags, it's all just for show. it's more of a collection of "omg here are material things that make me so unique" and less here are some actual things i carry and use. there is not as much honesty in these pocket dumps as i would like

i could recreate that/fit right in if i took a diptych of myself and included the following:

Wayfarers

Burts Bees

Bus Pass (no wallet, cuz no money)

Keys with an ironic keychain

crappy pens

A crayon or two (because im a kid deep down!!)

A Sega GameGear (i keep it old school, dawg!)

Inhaler

Pez Dispenser

Moleskin (skin of a mole)

shitty phone + cell phone charm

a FUCKING CUPCAKE

etc. idk. haters gonna hate

I would disagree with you here except for the part where you admit you are hating. This seems a lot more relevant, especially to a SUFU style edc. I browsed through and saw a lot of gum and sunglasses and cameras, stuff these people probably carry everyday and more so use everyday. I'm not going to hate on all the knife and spork edc'ers, but if you are looking for a more hardcore/utilitarian edc, you know which forums to lurk on.

okay I'm SORRY IN ADVANCE the search thread function won't work in this browser (chrome sux ballz) or in IE so i gotta just ask straight up-

anybody know anything about opinel knives? we got some in the store and they look/feel nice, and the reviews i've read are favorable, but i wanted to leave my fate in your hands, edc crew.

opinel knives - go or no go?