edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Question- Does anyone have experience with the Zebra Sharbo Vs. the Pilot Dr. Grip 1+1? I've carried the same 1+1 for 7 or 8 years now, and it's about ready to die. I'm thinking I might get another because they're nice and big and fit my hand nice, but I'm open to the Zebra ones as well- they seem popular in the thread. aaaanyone?

the sharbo is neat. it should be a lot more durable than any pilot dr grip. i own a dr grip multipen and the clip was really weak and felt cheap, but that's probably because of the design and how the clip deploys the pencil and lead. however, the clips on the zebra multipens are top notch and don't wiggle at all.

i don't know, corter, if you like a wider diameter, you should stick with the 1+1. but if you think you don't mind a narrower barrel, then the sharbo st3 would be what you want, because the lt3 is just too slim and feminine.

on a serious note

i HIGHLY recommend that everyone lurks/browses forums of interest when they're looking to buy something BEFORE asking for a recommendation

if u walk in here and ask me for a flashlight, you will most likely not provide the necessary information for me to recommend something. plus, reading forums gives u immense knowledge.. reaading CPF is how i learned everything i know about flashlights, owning flashlights and using them is how i make my opinions.

besides, EDC should be super specific, just the same as personal style here on sufu. it is so much more rewarding to do your own research and finally find the right light that's perfect for your needs and your tastes all on your own.

I have been thru so many flashlights via trial and error but whenever i find a good light it feels great... same with knives, pens, etc. everything is trial and error.. carry experience..

there is a difference between every day carry and everyday use.

i should write a formal post about this one day

30% using it as a lamp to avoid waking up the lady

10% finding some random shit when I'm asleep

40% outdoor activities (barbecue, hunting for snakes or fucking frogs)

20% to look into things that only a flashlight can illuminate

YEAH I DON'T STROBE PEOPLE CUZ DAT SHIT AIN'T COOL. dja....

got some real use of my flashlight the other night. a giant friggin spider was trying to make a home out of the headset of my scooter. i strobed the shit out of it to scare it off.

i tend to use my a lot at work. i manage a motorcycle dealership and it is a pain in the ass to read the VIN off a bike without extra light.

Good EDC in NYC, ha. Probably some decent stuff but you're extremely limited for a knife carry option.

Thought I'd share this Spyderco Firebyrd, has a bottle opener, knife, and house a bic lighter. Styling on it could be a lot better but I like the idea. it's also only less than $15. Discontinued, but you can find them around some places.

Some better pictures here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/17000846@N04/3915080374

Spyderco%20Byrd%20Firebyrd.jpg