edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

No longer have my current EDC... =[

Have to find a new one..

Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been looking at the Emerson Super Commander but really open to any suggestions.. I have a price range of up to $200.

i never thought the origin of production would matter so much, but somehow i never carry chinese/taiwanese-made knives. they're always either swiss (victorinox) or USA... sometimes japanese, but i don't seem to carry those all that often...

I have however gotten my Surefire E2D Defender on board. I got asked why I needed a flashlight, and said if there was an emergency I wanted to be able to see where the exits were.

I'm flying to Tokyo in a couple days, and I was planning on bringing my vanilla Quark123 in my carry-on luggage. I presume the only reason you got hassled about your surefire was because it had a rape bezel, correct? I'd hate to have to pack it away in checked luggage... if anybody else can shed some light on the issue (pun intended) please feel free to chime in!

vanilla quark should be fine, just show them its a normally operating flashlight and nothing else.

in other news we need to see ken's newest eagletac

and i also bought a victorinox tinker in black cellidor on an impulse buy

smh

I'm flying to Tokyo in a couple days, and I was planning on bringing my vanilla Quark123 in my carry-on luggage. I presume the only reason you got hassled about your surefire was because it had a rape bezel, correct? I'd hate to have to pack it away in checked luggage... if anybody else can shed some light on the issue (pun intended) please feel free to chime in!

Yeah pretty much, it's a somewhat aggressive looking light. It was an older woman and she called someone else over, and I said thats what I carry on the ambulance because I'm a EMT, and they were cool with it. I however probably wouldnt do it again with my E2D, but I'd carry other lights without a bezel.

You can't however put extra lithium batteries in your checked baggage, but you can take as many as you want in your carry-on.

http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

Also, you can take a screwdriver that's seven inches or less, but not a 1" knife :(

CR2 Pros: much smaller overall, same brightness.

Cons: currently no protected RCR2s as far as i know (might be wrong), CR2s are slightly more expensive than CR123a. Only comes in cool white.

feeling very conflicted on my next knife purchase...

debating between a strider SMF RW-1

custom emerson CQC8

or strider SMF with g-10 and digicamo blade

currently i EDC either a CQC6 or a Sprint Run Manix 2 CTS-XHP steel

yea i was going that direction

but at the same time, emerson customs are so so sooooo bad ass

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a SOG.

Ill be posting a video of my Kershaw Chive tomorrow hopefully, if my camera works, as well as an updated EDC.

And if anyone wants a review or has questions about the Spyderco Sharpmaker system, let me know, I've been using it for about a month. I have a VERY dull Buck 110, so we'll see how that sharpens tomorrow. Short summary - It's easy to use and it can slice paper/ arm hair in about 10 minutes.

^ can't wait, man. I'm also interested in getting a sharpmaker. How much/where cop?

And if you guys read my blog/twitter you'd know my stainless sharpie fuqqed my jeans up. :(http://everyday-carry.com/post/842544273/edc-vs-jawnz-a-cautionary-tale-editors-note-if

I'll edit this post with pics of my new knife :))))

4817027962_65c339db1d.jpg

BLADDAOWWW Victorinox Tinker! Under 18 shipped after tax too :)

My sister got me the sharpmaker as a gift from New Graham Knives (great service/company by the way, highly recommended) for $49 (plus shipping), but you can get them on Ebay for $55 shipped. The only flaw I flaw I though it was going to have with it was having difficulty with recurved blades, but my chive was easily touched up on it.

Tinkerer was my first knife I ever got, and I still have it. Was gifted to me by my grandma.

^^^^^

homie there is never a good reason to buy a SOG...garbage quality.

getting a hinderer xm-24 within the next week

sharpmaker kicks ass

got mine for free from a knife dealer i know, turns any blade into a razor in 5 flat

It's very hard to sharpen a dull blade with it unless you get the diamond stones but anything that still has an edge is for sure under 10.

I've seen some dudes on youtube complain about it making their S30C blades duller but that's just improper technique since mine is doing extremely well.

thinking about either trading in my cqc 6 or selling it off alltogether

i understand its history and whatnot but like...for some reason it just doesnt hold as much appeal to me as it did a month ago...i guess i feel bad usiing it because i dont want to mess it up

thoughts...opinions?

The reason why I purchased an expensive knife (940) was because I knew it would take all the abuse (within reason) I would throw at it and the steel would keep an edge.

I never really understood knife collecting since most people use them but only for minor tasks.

Either use it or not right?

Keep your collection in mint condition and get a nice 'beater' knife if you feel the need to collect knives. To each his own!