edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

is there any point to the damascus 'look' on blades other than stylistic? iirc, unless that's a true damascus, it's basically just a laminate of metals to get the look.

ps: i'm not knocking mr. itou's work, but i just am curious about the purpose of a damascus blade --if anything other than looks.

is there any point to the damascus 'look' on blades other than stylistic? iirc, unless that's a true damascus, it's basically just a laminate of metals to get the look.

ps: i'm not knocking mr. itou's work, but i just am curious about the purpose of a damascus blade --if anything other than looks.

i am not sure to understand what you mean.

first, yes its a damascus. VG10 if you know what it means.

second, Why ? cause i wanted to.... heh.

no other reason. Same to me as choosing a pure red leather wallet (il bisonte) and an ironwood handle......

and btw its not Mr Itou but Otha.

That looks like the work of Hiroaki Ohta, and I think they run $200-300.

you're perfectly right. price of the small one (mine) was a bit over $200

i am looking for buying a second one, bigger, prolly dif blade.

since this thread seems to have slowed down. let me try and liven it up a bit. what is your favorite multitool and justify why.

i am currently packing a CRKT lil' guppy only cause my needs are low and the 'beaner fit in with my wants.

Leatherman Black Wave it's replaced my Skeletool for now since it does more and is actually just as slim without a clip.

I really tried to like the guppy a lot, but because of the flimsy carabiner clip I gave up on it and returned it... It just didn't feel like it would hold up to the abuse that i put my keys through all day long.

rome, that is my same worry after having it for a few weeks, overall the sturdiness is great, prying, wrenching among other things, it holds up great, but the clip lacks that same sturdiness.

This lead me into asking this question as i wanted to hear people's favorites are to get an idea of a next step.

Juice is significantly bigger, which says something about the Micra since the Juice can easily fit in a coin pocket.. The Micra can comfortably hang from a keychain, the Juice cannot. I would take a comparison pic but I have since turned my Micra into a multikey, so you don't get the full size comparison.

They're both solid tools, but if you need pliers def get the Juice (S2 at least).

In other news, 4sevens is taking preorders for a Mini CR2 in aluminum without the batteries4life subscription (it's now optional, wewt) for $39.

LOL what kinda party gives away balisongs..

A fucking sweet party thats what kind.

in regards to the iamakey, for people who have had it 3+ months, how has it held up? do you need to keep that little plastic lid? i imagine its pretty easy to lose.

I've seen/heard mixed reviews on these. Some say they're great, others not so much.

There we go, threads got some life again.

I'm satisfied with my EDC at the moment so I want to put together a BOB (Bail/Bug Out Bag) to carry larger objects and keep it in my hooptie.

I have most of the contents but need something to house them in. Where can I get a cheap bag and couple pouches (online) to arrange it all in?

Prefer a tactical look/feel to it #nojansport