edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Brane's geocache post made me fix my bike and go on a night geocache run. Just got back from a new cache that popped up a couple days ago, a few blocks up from me in a baseball park. Was a toy car themed cache. Left 3 toy cars.

Figured I'd post my bike ride carry. (not everyday, but wtfever)

14lj5ah.jpg

DIY denim belt pouch

Juice S2

Keys with woodland camo monkeyfist(lol that happens to be out of view)

NoName tail light

PaperMate felt tip pen

Tank007-703

the tank may be a pretty cheap light, but for the price, hell, its not bad. one mode, on/off. its DAMN bright. brighter than my miniAA on high, and this thing is a AAA. I lost my bike light clamp, but i usually dont go night riding much so I just used this. The on/off is great for a quick double flash to oncoming cars to let them know im there. Got lanyard, but its a $10 light so if i drop it while im riding, no biggie.

Anyway, just figured I'd continue on the geocache roll. Thread's been having some dry spells every couple days.

Here's my caching carry.

4504870620_fe0a0e15f3.jpg

trackable

geocoin

buttons I leave or trade

benchmade

4-7s

cc embassy pen

cadence hip-pouch

I used to carry a leatherman juice but i lost it caching in Big Basin.

I also returned my garmin dakota, waiting on the android powered app from groundspeak.

Arghh... my FH key hook came off of my beltloop today and I lost it, my keys, a Swiss Army Midnite Minichamp, and an Upgraded iTP A3 EOS. I'm so pissed.

Anyway, in the process of rebuilding it and would love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks fellas.

Avoid s-biner.

i like s-biners. these are particularly good:

http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=779

i'm not a fan of the niteize s-biners:

http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=94

there's no notch for the clip to lock into, so my keys can sometimes twist off.

i'm still using my TFH "S" hook with no problems. they used to fall off or get caught and bent, but i'm carrying a shorter load now and have this ugly ziptie to keep my keys in place.

but i have been looking for the perfect carabiner and i think i may have found it.

My only problems with S-biners is your keys jangle around a shit ton more than a regular key hook. Also they always seem to get twisted up when I put them in my pocket.

I always though those key hooks that are just like an open loop/S were recipes for disaster.

Pink is actually pretty tactical, used in lots of desert camo for handguns and even land rovers. Mountbatten pink is a naval camouflage color, a shade of mauve, invented by Louis Mountbatten of the British Royal Navy in autumn 1940 during World War II.

The Pink Panther Land Rover swere used in desert patrol vehicles by the SAS. Pink is said to be one of the best camouflage colours for the desert. Google 'pink panther land rover' for more pictures, in a lot of them the tires are painted as well.

3775874066df9da85937.jpg

Just got schooled son!

In other news my spydrco military has been cutting like a champ and still is razor sharp. I love s30v so much :)

Looks tough and annoying as fuck to try and grip that bike lock key.

its worse than when it had an end on there but having thin keys is worth it. Usually I just hold the ring and twist further. Really have to remember to lock with the hole pointing up though, super sucky doing it upside down.

Arghh... my FH key hook came off of my beltloop today and I lost it, my keys, a Swiss Army Midnite Minichamp, and an Upgraded iTP A3 EOS. I'm so pissed.

Anyway, in the process of rebuilding it and would love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks fellas.

828fab07-1d3c-4d03-b550-f55cc5cdbee1.jpg

$7.95 from www.rei-outlet.com

been using this one for ~ three months, shit's solid.