* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

* 3/4 cup granulated sugar

* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 2 large eggs

* 2 cups chocolate chips

* 1 cup chopped nuts (used walnuts)

~thread dedicated to jj~

ayo vampy that's the recipe i usually use. but the secret to next level cookies is.... MELTED BUTTER. if you melt the butter instead of just having it softened, it integrates much smoother with the sugars. resulting in an overall better cookie. once you go melted butter. you don't go back. it will change your life.

EDIT: to get perfect sized and uniform cookies, use an icecream scooper. one of the metal ones with the little blade that runs inside of it when you squeeze the handle.

subsribeddddddd

favorite be chocolate flavoured cookies with white chocolate chips and macadamia

3345598795_1c3e873a42.jpg

mMmmmm my mum always has homemade cookies around the house. not too hard not too soft.. just right and chunky like i like em'

3396211967_59da2a0007.jpg

also love them cookies with cranberry and white chocolate chips.

ayo vampy that's the recipe i usually use. but the secret to next level cookies is.... MELTED BUTTER. if you melt the butter instead of just having it softened, it integrates much smoother with the sugars. resulting in an overall better cookie. once you go melted butter. you don't go back. it will change your life.

actually, i just copy/pasted that recipe, sorta, but yeah i actually did melt the butter in a saucepan, than mixed the liquid butter with the wet ingredients.. just make sure the butter is cooled off first ;)

EDIT: to get perfect sized and uniform cookies, use an icecream scooper. one of the metal ones with the little blade that runs inside of it when you squeeze the handle.

oh fuc, i used to use that, need to dig out the scooper 4 sure

help me pick the next recipe!!

maltesercookies.jpg

Malted Milk Ball Cookies

http://bakingbites.com/2007/08/malted-milk-ball-cookies-or-malteser-cookies/

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup butter, room temperature

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups roughly chopped maltesers/whoppers/malted milk balls

macaroons4.jpg

Macaroons

http://thefarmhousegourmet.wordpress.com/2008/01/15/mad-about-macaroons-and-the-recipe-i-used/

97829.jpg

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oatmeal-Peanut-Butter-Cookies-III/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 cup butter, softened

* 1/2 cup peanut butter

* 1/2 cup white sugar

* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

* 1 egg

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 cup quick cooking oats

* 3 tablespoons butter, softened

* 1 cup confectioners' sugar

* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

* 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List

* Customize Recipe

* add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.

3. Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet, and press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown.

4. To Make Filling: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.

Espresso-Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

2111036390_267d21faf2.jpg

Makes 32 cookies

1 tablespoon instant espresso powder

1 tablespoon boiling water

2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature

2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (plain, or a toffee variety), finely chopped, or 3/4 cup store-bought mini chocolate chips

Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)

1. Dissolve the espresso in the boiling water, and set aside to cool to tepid.

2. Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and confectioners’ sugar together on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is very smooth. Beat in the vanilla and espresso, then reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour, mixing only until it disappears into the dough. Don’t work the dough much once the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate with a sturdy rubber spatula.

3. Using the spatula, transfer the soft, sticky dough to a gallon-size zipper-lock plastic bag. Put the bag on a flat surface, leaving the top open, and roll the dough into a 9 x 10 1/2 inch rectangle that’s 1/4 inch thick. As you roll, turn the bag occasionally and lift the plastic from the dough so it doesn’t cause creases. When you get the right size and thickness, seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible, and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours, or for up to 2 days.

4. Position the racks to divide the oven into thirds and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.

5. Put the plastic bag on a cutting board and slit it open. Turn the firm dough out onto the board (discard the bag) and, using a ruler as a guide and a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1 1/2-inch squares. Transfer the squares to the baking sheets and carefully prick each one twice with a fork, gently pushing the tines through the cookies until they hit the sheet.

6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to bottom and front to back at the midway point. The shortbreads will be very pale–they shouldn’t take on much color. Transfer the cookies to a rack.

7. If you’d like, dust the cookies with confectioners’ sugar while they are still hot. Cool the cookies to room temperature before serving.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/12/espresso-chocolate-shortbread-cookies/

oh fuc, i used to use that, need to dig out the scooper 4 sure

makes a difference my man. ayo, cookie club? i'm always on that baking tip. i got a good recipe that i modified for nutella peanut butter cookies that are delicious. i'll post/pm it if you want. they are mad good. i'd been down for a bi weekly/monthly cookie baking. or something like that. ya dig?

ooooooh coooooooooooookies put it on mehhhh

i like the pepperidge farm white chocolate macademia cookies. grandma's oatmeal raisin dope too. ughhh little debbie oatmeal raisin with the cream inside oooooooooh baby

i have most of those ingredients on hand. imma have to test them recipes out

• 2 weeks later...
just made some nutella peanut butter choco chip cookies. took the original toll house cookie recipie, added 1/2 cup of nutella and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. fucking delicious.

pictures? :o

i think i might try this one

http://www.visionsofsugarplum.com/2009/09/nutella-hazelnut-cookies.html

391840097510bb1d3c8c.jpg

• 1 year later...

massive bump

went on a cookie tour

p1030710q.jpg

flour bakery's chunky lola

homemade oreo was fuckin dope too

joanne chang is a genius

p1040842o.jpg

momofuku milk bar compost cookie

ok

p1040323g.jpg

jacques torres cookie

best fuckin chocolate chunk cookie i've ever had

fuckin awesome

it's like a mix of cake flour and bread flour or something, which gives it a crispness on the outside and perfect softness inside. amazing

the chocolate is crazy. brought some of the chocolate disks home

Tired of trying to figure this vimeo embed code out (I can't seem to remove portrait), its getting a bit too frustrating. Okay.. OT.

<you can skip this part really and just..>

Ah, finally, something I can ramble on about. Above is an old video of me having a go at the Thomas Kelller Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from his Ad Hoc book. Notable differences from the common recipe includes the use of cold butter, and the lack of any vanilla.

Since then I've probably done close to around 23-25 batches (48-50cookies/batch * 23batches = 1108 cookies) of the same recipe, which makes for a lot of cookies for me and everyone to critique.

Close to 70% of them were made with varying strengths and quantities of cannabutter too (more weed = more oil = more green). I've had batches where they was enough oil pre-flour that the batter would just sit on the bottom of the Kitchen Aid like a bowl of goop.

It's the opinions though on the 30% that were just made with normal butter that I really cared to nitpick about. Not that stoner's don't have an opinion, its just that most don't get past the hour without their objectivity starting to blur.

Initial and most common impression is how they taste like (or "have the texture" I think is what people want to say) of the Keebler Soft Batches. Large part of how they're going to taste depends on the chocolate used, but the dough sans any vanilla has a particular charm to it too.

Considering who you'd want to make this for, breaking out the expensive chocolate really melts hearts. I've done a couple variations but combo of dark chocolate, white chocolate and macadamia seems to make people keel over in glee the most. (I do my own keeling over too, mostly in sorrow, have you seen how much macadamias are now?)

Big part of why I like these is the lack of gimmicks involved. It's quite minimal compared to a lot of cookie recipes out there. The simplicity is real deceiving too, batch after batch, there's so many tiny little minute variables to tweak that make each a little bit better than the last.

<..head over here if you don't want to see me ramble.>

In gist, pretty good recipe imho. Mhmm.

Awesome, thanks for the link WillKhitie!

Definitely will try the Keller recipe with the Torres chocolate disks I have!

So me and my girl whipped up a batch of cookies using the JT "french kiss" cookie mix last weekend. The package comes with a ridiculous amount of the little chocolate disks-- we ended up using only a quarter of them, I think. Added some pecans to make things interesting.

p1050099z.jpg

p1050101i.jpg

p1050104z.jpg

p1040842o.jpg

momofuku milk bar compost cookie

ok

The worst kept secret is that Milk Bar's signature foods (compost cookie and crack pie) are the most MOR of the whole menu. Next time you're in town get the cornflake marshmallow cookie - it does not disappoint.

Milk Bar used to be a lot more on point when everything was prepared on premises. Now they outsource all production to a warehouse in Brooklyn and the treats are prepackaged and labeled like a sandwich from Starbucks.

I made a version of the cornflake marshmallow cookies once. It's a dirty slut of a cookie for sure...greasy, not very pretty, not complex, but pretty damn good (nice salty/sweet like so much of the milk bar stuff). Took a big batch to an all-dessert potluck and they were the only thing that were completely gone at the end of the night.