LVC free-for-all Contest

Medine

He's right, this contest is meant to organize LVC fanatics and compare our different well worn jeans. Prizes, winning, etc are just a secondary benefit from the whole thing. As a community, we gain more from having more participants. It would be pretty gay to omit someone for just soaking their jeans.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right, this contest is meant to organize LVC fanatics and compare our different well worn jeans. Prizes, winning, etc are just a secondary benefit from the whole thing. As a community, we gain more from having more participants. It would be pretty gay to omit someone for just soaking their jeans.

how is that gay?

if there is no objections, updated chart follows:

1. medine-1937

2. civicex - 1947

3. aho - 1947 or '67 505

4. dawei69 - 1954 or 1966 501XX

5. JSFU - 1967 or 1966

6. erk - 1915 501

7. jbone45 - 1915 501

8. sayocean - 67 505s

how is that gay?

It is the equivalent of hot jean on jean sex = homo.

No one's "bitching" about anything. This is a contest and if soaked and worn (no matter how "pristine" it is) jeans are allowed, I guess thats a first for sufu. Starting to sound a lot like the poorly organized/run Official Nudie wear and tear contest. I recall house arguing with some dude over on mynudies about the same exact issue and once the "official" word was that you HAD to start with a brand new pair, people weren't allowed to participate. And looks like word now is Joe wants "unsoaked and unworn" jeans for the contest. But whatever

Anyway, count me in I'm ordering the 67 505s from Dejan.

It's a big difference if I enter a contest with a some-months-old and worn in pair or a prewashed jean as happened in the W&T contest compared to a 2 weeks old & once soaked STF jean. Second thing is, that the Nudie contest got clear rules which were published long time before starting date. Can't compare this to the LVS free for all contest. You should read my posts before you quote me this way. I don't care that much, if not than not. I won't buy a 2nd pair for a "free for all contest". What's the meaning of a contest? Win prizes? Help Dejan selling jeans? Discussing?

Show the progress on many different LVC pairs, that's what a contest is made for imo.

As far as time limits, I'm thinking 1.5 years...I'm of the opinion that one year just isn't enough, 2 years people might get a bit restless, and at least this way we can deal with the overlap from other contests (FC, SExDB, etc) and aim to start sometime October? I need new jeans fast...

See you guys on superfuture v.7, circa 2011 or 2012. My unborn child might join in on the LVC game late.

a quick Q before I join the contest, which model is the slimmest 1954s 1966s or 1967s just wondering cuz i cant find measurements anywhere.

67 505 are the slimmest... but it's missing some of the details like the button fly and hidden rivets....

Look the problem here is some of us are not located in USA, and we didnt have a chance to buy 80 bucks LVCs.... and all in all, i dont have a pair of LVCs to start with, and cultizm just happens to be the place with the biggest range and sizing... I'm not trying to help him sell jeans, i'm just trying to get the jeans for cheaper if we buy together! on top of that, u'd feel much better entering a contest with a brand new pair of jeans.... If u already have one?? why not buy another one? they are not like the US stockmarket u know? they r great jeans! i mean, having one pair of MADE IN USA LVCS is something what a japanese denimaster will die for, no jokes, but in japan the usa made LVCS almost double the MIJ LVCs..i'm sure most u guys have at least 3-4 pairs of sammies or FHs or etc...if u have a 1947, then get a 1955... not all LVCs are the same!!

It's a big difference if I enter a contest with a some-months-old and worn in pair or a prewashed jean as happened in the W&T contest compared to a 2 weeks old & once soaked STF jean. Second thing is, that the Nudie contest got clear rules which were published long time before starting date. Can't compare this to the LVS free for all contest. You should read my posts before you quote me this way. I don't care that much, if not than not. I won't buy a 2nd pair for a "free for all contest". What's the meaning of a contest? Win prizes? Help Dejan selling jeans? Discussing?

Show the progress on many different LVC pairs, that's what a contest is made for imo.

Look the problem here is some of us are not located in USA, and we didnt have a chance to buy 80 bucks LVCs.... and all in all, i dont have a pair of LVCs to start with, and cultizm just happens to be the place with the biggest range and sizing... I'm not trying to help him sell jeans, i'm just trying to get the jeans for cheaper if we buy together! on top of that, u'd feel much better entering a contest with a brand new pair of jeans.... If u already have one?? why not buy another one? they are not like the US stockmarket u know? they r great jeans! i mean, having one pair of MADE IN USA LVCS is something what a japanese denimaster will die for, no jokes, but in japan the usa made LVCS almost double the MIJ LVCs..i'm sure most u guys have at least 3-4 pairs of sammies or FHs or etc...if u have a 1947, then get a 1955... not all LVCs are the same!!

I agree with u but nevertheless it doesn't make any sense to me if I've got a new pair in the closet and buy another just to join in a contest. I've bought my 44's 2 or 3 weeks ago, soaked them once and wear them 2 or 3 times. I'm located in germany and a pair of LVC is about 180-200 € here...:P , free shipping doesn't make that big difference. It's not a big problem for me being not in the contest, I only thought a wider range of LVC's would have been more fun for a contest.

Did you forget that there weren't ANY rules until the day the contest started? The rules weren't even clear at all to begin with and they continued adding new shit to it to the point where the WT contest became a joke and lost plenty of contestants.

Listen, I don't know about you but if you wikipedia "Contest", you're not going to find an article which reads "to hold hands together with the other contestants and compare and celebrate each other's progress." In a contest, someone is SUPPOSED to come up on top and win a PRIZE. If you wanted to see and show "progress on many different LVC pairs" try the Evolution thread or use the search function to look up LVCs.

Be real, the meaning of the contest is to wear the shit out of some jeans, win if you have the best pair and help out a retailer by buying from him. It's a pretty simple concept I thought, but I guess some people just don't get it...

You have still got to be kidding. Just because the word "contest" is used does not make it a strictly regulated game where people are in it for the sole purpose of winning a prize. If you are looking at it that way, then maybe you should ask some of the original Samurai contestants why they did it and where their motivation came from.

The sammie contest started because they saw a post by a shop owner I believe who had a company contest between like 3 people in the company. It was like the stock guy, the register dude, and the owner. And everybody was analyzing how the jeans faded based off of the role the person played in the company. Then Beatle and cheep and a few others wondered if they could do something similar. Prizes were the furthest from their minds when they started. If I got any of this wrong, then someone correct me. I believe this is the general idea though.

We're all just wearing jeans here man. This ain't the lottery. And when dr. house loses you can rub it in his face and continue to bring up the fact that he had a head start.

Don't people play pickup games of basketball without prizes? Fuck, I even spot the other team a few points, cuz I'm that good.

Regardless of how we define a contest, this thing won't get going until we have at least 20 people! And you can bet that there will be some good prizes from Cultizm if we have their full sponsorship (that means jeans only bought from them!). Of course, if we don't have the 20+ participants we can still have our own little contest but with less of a prize (maybe we can all contribute some money, etc.) but as for me, I HIGHLY prefer the other route, ie: full sponsorship from cultizm. Whatever your reasons to participate, it doesn't have to be the same as another person IMO...lets just get this ball rolling!

The official word for those who wish to participate with already bought jeans: Yes, you can, provided you can show proof of purchase from Cultizm and they are not soaked or worn!

Now let's keep aiming for 20! Please add yourself to the list if you haven't already...

I dont think it's such a good idea to compare consumer denim nerds with retail denimheads.... firstly, retail ppl do it as part of their marketing and promotes sales... Showing fading results will significantly increase their sales... Consumers dont get any benefit or motive if there is no sponsorship. yes u r right prizes werent on their mind all the time, but lets not forget the sammies competition DID have prizes how do you they didnt for a split second think about the prizes?? having prizes is a good way of of encouraging ppl who are on the borderline of joining...

You have still got to be kidding. Just because the word "contest" is used does not make it a strictly regulated game where people are in it for the sole purpose of winning a prize. If you are looking at it that way, then maybe you should ask some of the original Samurai contestants why they did it and where their motivation came from.

The sammie contest started because they saw a post by a shop owner I believe who had a company contest between like 3 people in the company. It was like the stock guy, the register dude, and the owner. And everybody was analyzing how the jeans faded based off of the role the person played in the company. Then Beatle and cheep and a few others wondered if they could do something similar. Prizes were the furthest from their minds when they started. If I got any of this wrong, then someone correct me. I believe this is the general idea though.

We're all just wearing jeans here man. This ain't the lottery. And when dr. house loses you can rub it in his face and continue to bring up the fact that he had a head start.

Don't people play pickup games of basketball without prizes? Fuck, I even spot the other team a few points, cuz I'm that good.

I think there should be prizes, but it shouldn't be about the prizes. I just don't think there should be a bunch of rule sticklers telling certain people they don't think they should join.

lol yeah, should be good jyoni...

Lets update the list people!

1. medine-1937

2. civicex - 1947

3. aho - 1947 or '67 505

5. JSFU - 1967 or 1966

6. erk - 1915 501

7. jbone45 - 1915 501

8. sayocean - 67 505s

lol yeah, should be good jyoni...

cool

I'll tentatively add myself but I haven't heard from Dejan regarding the other contest. Really want to make sure he's okay with shelving it. He didn't respond negatively, just with a promise of more info...so my guess is that he's preparing either a mass e-mail, or to post the details here.

1. medine-1937

2. civicex - 1947

3. aho - 1947 or '67 505

5. JSFU - 1967 or 1966

6. erk - 1915 501

7. jbone45 - 1915 501

8. sayocean - 67 505s

9.jyoni - '47 or '44

Did you forget that there weren't ANY rules until the day the contest started? The rules weren't even clear at all to begin with and they continued adding new shit to it to the point where the WT contest became a joke and lost plenty of contestants.

Listen, I don't know about you but if you wikipedia "Contest", you're not going to find an article which reads "to hold hands together with the other contestants and compare and celebrate each other's progress." In a contest, someone is SUPPOSED to come up on top and win a PRIZE. If you wanted to see and show "progress on many different LVC pairs" try the Evolution thread or use the search function to look up LVCs.

Be real, the meaning of the contest is to wear the shit out of some jeans, win if you have the best pair and help out a retailer by buying from him. It's a pretty simple concept I thought, but I guess some people just don't get it...

Those simple rules were published for a long time before starting date: start with a new pair of a (Nudie) dry jeans.

So be true if you try to give lessons, sucks man. We've got a discussion at mynudies with guyz who joined in with a 6-months old pair and stuff like that. I say it again: no comparison, just a waste of time.

Die happy and take care.