LVC free-for-all Contest

Medine

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cultizm is sponsoring ANOTHER contest? On top of the 4 he's already sponsoring on mynudies?

Damn, had no idea...to be honest I don't check mynudies at all but from the looks of it, all of the contests going on over there involve a small group of 7ish people? I was a bit worried we wouldn't have enough people for this contest but come to think of it, if we just had maybe 10-15 people we'd be all set? Of course, the more the merrier...

Has anybody tried to contact Paul T. You might be able to get some corporate sponsorship.

Excuse me if this has already been addressed, but I haven't read the rest of this thread.

yo doc house, i'm still opposed to you starting with an already soaked pair. I haven't seen or been in a contest where you can join with a used pair no matter how pristine they were. I'd like to know everyone else started their pair on the same exact day I did. Sure a couple days of wearing around the house shouldn't affect the outcome, but for structure and organizational purposes, I'd feel much better if you started off with a brand new pair with proof pictures that shows all the tags and shit.

You kidding? Contests are not meant to find a winner, but to get a bunch of people to wear jeans together and look at the different effects of people's lifestyles on their jeans.

Not to mention there are not many denim contests and I don't see why now would not be a good time to allow someone in who has the proper jeans with very little wear. Just let the dude post pics showing not much wear in them.

Has anybody tried to contact Paul T. You might be able to get some corporate sponsorship.

Excuse me if this has already been addressed, but I haven't read the rest of this thread.

He did offer a lead for a U.K. retailer to sponsor the stf contest. Dejan stepped up though. Paul T didn't seem too optimistic about corporate sponsorship.

Of course, a contest using actual LVC models could change that.

yo doc house, i'm still opposed to you starting with an already soaked pair. I haven't seen or been in a contest where you can join with a used pair no matter how pristine they were. I'd like to know everyone else started their pair on the same exact day I did. Sure a couple days of wearing around the house shouldn't affect the outcome, but for structure and organizational purposes, I'd feel much better if you started off with a brand new pair with proof pictures that shows all the tags and shit.

...in this case it must be called cultizm lvc contest. Seriously, if good-as-new-state can be proofed, what's the problem? I agree with you, a contest needs rules and a fair and equal starting point for all contestants. But what difference makes a soak if you start a contest with a STF type of denim??? Check this, here you can see how "old" my 44's are:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1924114&postcount=5235

2 weeks ago...:eek:

Nothing about specific prizes so far but heres some more from Joe:

" Cultizm will be happy to sponsor a prize. However participants should buy the contest jeans from us, with free shipping as discount, as mentioned before. Someone suggested the idea of setting a code word to take proof pictures of the jeans unworn and unsoaked, which I think is a great idea. The start date should be Janurary 2010, with around 20 participants or more.

Cheers

Joe"

i think people who dont buy the jeans from cultizm should be aloud to participate but just not be eligible for any prizes..

whats with the janurary start date?

dejan said october is fine, but i guess it might take longer to get more participants

Push the start date back to January 1st, and run the contest for a year and a half, and I'd probably pick up a pair of 1954s to start wearing the beginning of March once the FC contest is over for me.

My thoughts on the contest...

Open to all models? Great idea!

Bought from Cultizm? A must, espcially if he's offering some sort of prize/sponsorship.

Unworn, already soaked jeans? Well, I'm not a stickler, but it IS a contest, and part of that is going out and buying a brand new pair of jeans. That being said, I'm not going to be too concerned if jeans that have been soaked/washed and worn a couple times are permitted.

ok so lets set the official start date once we get 20.

1. medine-1937

2. civicex - 1947

3. aho - 1947 or '67 505

4. dawei69 1954 or 1966 501XX

5. JSFU - 1967 or 1966

come on people! only 15 more!

If we want to increase the contestant base, we should allow people use their jeans bought outside of cultizm as well as jeans that have been soaked or barely used. However, as I said before, it would be fucked up to do this if dejan sponsored prizes.

To counter this, why don't we have a entry pool of $5-10, with the winner being able to throw down the money on a new pair of jeans? That way we can increase the number of participants as well as maintain a prize for the winner

Guest jbone45
1. medine-1937

2. civicex - 1947

3. aho - 1947 or '67 505

4. dawei69 1954 or 1966 501XX

5. JSFU - 1967 or 1966

6. erk - 1915 501

Can I be #7 with 1915 501's?

One or two weeks in a 1,5 year contest isn't really anything to bitch about is it?

Hell, go with a two months advance and nobody will be able to tell, even less care.

No one's "bitching" about anything. This is a contest and if soaked and worn (no matter how "pristine" it is) jeans are allowed, I guess thats a first for sufu. Starting to sound a lot like the poorly organized/run Official Nudie wear and tear contest. I recall house arguing with some dude over on mynudies about the same exact issue and once the "official" word was that you HAD to start with a brand new pair, people weren't allowed to participate. And looks like word now is Joe wants "unsoaked and unworn" jeans for the contest. But whatever

Anyway, count me in I'm ordering the 67 505s from Dejan.

Complaining about some guy wearing jeans that are soaked and worn a handful of times in a sufu organized denim contest is like calling a charge in a pick up game of basketball.

Does anybody really enter these things in hopes of winning?