Hardware anyone? (Buttons, rivets, and zippers oh my.)

rnrswitch

Yeah, stop trashing up this thread and post some pics of that exposed hidden rivet.

On another note. I really like zipper flies (it might just be because they are out of the norm), but I don't like that they have the potential to become completely useless. A set of buttons can live on through rust/grime/corrosion of sorts, but once rust and grime get on the teeth of a zipper, then it's over. I haven't had this happen yet, but I would like to hear from people who have zipper flies that have rusted shut or broken in general.

I wonder how vintage zip fly levis have lasted over time.

i have some late 60s/early 70s lee with the same talon zip as your 67 lvc, and the zip looks brand new still. never once had a problem with it, and if the lvc have that zipper id buy a pair on that alone.

• 2 weeks later...
SC 1955:

Gotta love the deadstock zipper:

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

Enjoy :) :

501talonzipper.jpg

LVC 1954 501Z XX

see... this is what i love about SC... they use the correct zipper. the one on the LVC is a common 70s zip, but not used in the 50s. all of the vintage ive seen with the gripper are older, and the talon 42s were all 70-80 peices.

no unfortunately i bought them and they were just too tight but i was hoping they would stretch out with time but to no avail =/ and its a real bummer because i loved how they fit, only shot i have with them on.

78787790lm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Back from the dead. Here is the sammie hardware on my 21ozers. Starting to show some rust. Sorry for the size, but a smaller pic just don't do them justice.

sammie21ozbutton.png

Hey I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes...

I have a pair of FH 310 that I hardly ever wear because of a zipper issue (falls down a lot)...

Is it possible to modify them to buttonfly? Who could do that mod? Bad idea?

Hey I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes...

I have a pair of FH 310 that I hardly ever wear because of a zipper issue (falls down a lot)...

Is it possible to modify them to buttonfly? Who could do that mod? Bad idea?

You could, but it would require reconstructing the fly completely. There is an extra flap of denim that is used for the button holes. Would be hard.

3075752738_10b2fafc9a.jpg

I would pos rep but I am out at the moment. It is good to see that someone else, other than me, geeks out on this shit.

You could, but it would require reconstructing the fly completely. There is an extra flap of denim that is used for the button holes. Would be hard.

Yeah, upon further reflection I realize it's a terrible idea. Almost guaranteed to fail. Oh well..

Great thread by the way. Deserves bumping.

This really is a fantastic thread.

x-post form Sam thread. Thanks member VanquishGold for some pics of the new Samurai Elements series.

DSCF0421.jpg