joe mccoy

edmond

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to break in my 906's for the rest of the year. I love the fit. Mid-rise and slim-ish straight leg. I put them in a boiling soak for an hour. Didn't shrink much, but I hoping they're not done yet.

Waist: Tagged: 36 Actual: 38

Inseam: Tagged: 36 Actual: 37 Hemmed to 34

After Soak:

Waist: 37

Inseam: 33

I figure they can come in another inch and a half after some washes over time. This denim is so juicy and the stitching and hardware is so robust. I love McCoy's stuff.

I can't believe a lot of the talk that went around when the 906 contest idea was brought up...Many said the stitching and hardware was too plain (????), that the cut was too slim, etc. etc. but damn, it would've made for an excellent contest. The denim is looking great and the measurements on the jeans seem ideal IMO...still confused about why so many were against the idea but I digress; I can't wait to see how your pair turns out coleslawyum

I can't believe a lot of the talk that went around when the 906 contest idea was brought up...Many said the stitching and hardware was too plain (????), that the cut was too slim, etc. etc. but damn, it would've made for an excellent contest. The denim is looking great and the measurements on the jeans seem ideal IMO...still confused about why so many were against the idea but I digress; I can't wait to see how your pair turns out coleslawyum

I was very keen on the contest as well! fuck the RHT contest..

Cheers for the pics coleslawyum. Ive been interested in real/joe mccoy jeans for awhile since they claim their denim has a deep tone to it..

hows this, lets set up a mini contest of let say around 5 people? just for the sake of exploring joe mccoy denim :)

^I'd love to see a mini-contest going if you could organize one LC, but as I mentioned before I just have way too much denim going on for me right now and no spare cash to buy the mccoy's...If I win the lottery I'll get back to you, but then I still have to problem of not having enough time to wear everything I've decided to dedicate myself to before the Eternal contest...;)

^^ haa i understand.. would be great if you can join in but by let say you change your mind than you are welcome to jump in.. ;)

the idea is not a contest per se but lacking of other words to represent it. its just a small number of people wearing 906 jeans for a same period of time.. maybe for the prize every contestant can chip in whatever denim related stuff they have laying around the house; key chain, bandana, denim scraps, tshirt. and the winner will get the accumulated goods.

just an idea though.. anybody interested? :)

I feel you on the "contest" terminology...I wanted to do a mini-project with Warehouse 760's but that fell through as well...I haven't had any luck with organizing these types of things but wish you luck with the McCoy's! The denim deserves to be showcased...

The denim on 906 looks tasty.

is 905 use the same denim as 906? Always wanted to buy 905, they're supposed to be looser cut than 906 right? If only I have the money to blow right now :( in the meantime I'm pretty happy with my rmc 613a

is the denim used for the Joe McCoy 906 model the same fabric as the Real McCoy S614? If I had some extra cash to spare I would definitely be in for a mini contest; I'm 100% sure I'll pick up a pair eventually though (most likely next year)

@SLAB

im not too sure bout this, maybe Ed or coleslawyum know better but according to Superdenim they say 906 is similar with S614. Both have the same weight at 14.75oz and i compared the measurements, they are not identical with S614 being a little looser...

The man difference between the two is fit. The 614 has a noticeably tighter waist and more pronounced hip flare. Front rise is also higher on the 614, 12.5" versus 11" on the 906. For me, the 906 is by far the better fitting pair. Denim on s614 feels a hair heavier, but maybe that's just my imagination since they both share the same selvedge color (pink). Like the tag says, weight is 14.75 oz.

jmc614a.jpg

jmc614e.jpg

jmc614b.jpg

jmc614c.jpg

jmc614d.jpg

jmc614f.jpg

ah, hadn't noticed the rise difference; I tried on a pair of S614 last year and I loved the fit (even with the high rise)