joe mccoy

edmond

hi guys this thread will be the future joe mccoy thread as you know there will be upcoming joe mccoy reissue from the "real mccoys" company

so ill start to post some old joe mccoy i have which im starting to wear its an old model 904 with suspenders patterned after i think pre war levi's

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

fit pic

theres none but i think the catalog is out and they have pictures side by side of the jeans theyre releasing..check out their site im not sure if its out yet but i saw the catalog on their store in daikanyama

I believe BiG will be carrying them soon as well as every store in the world that carries the Real McCoy's. I didn't see the catalog but I did get a glimpse of the order sheets of all the cuts. So far it looks to be mostly repros. Nothing too slim or short rised. I love the branding. Corny in a good way.

me too colesman....im loving the loose fit these days really comfy and im starting to look like an alien from all the slim jeans around people are wearing ha!

Oh i love joe mccoy....

them coming back is a little epic somehow.....

theres so much respect behind the famous Joe mccoy....

from what i have heard they are famous for their streaky denim...

Can i expect a denim that has the qualities explained by denim gallery here beneath?

originally posted by denim-gallery.heavy

Vertical falling

When talking the color falling of ヴィンテージジーンズ and the replica jeans, not being able to miss

It is the shield falling.

Here, the vertical falling we would like to try thinking, whether it is expressed with one some principle of.

If you mention the vertical falling, as the white line enters vertically, it means the thing of the color falling which is visible, but

It probably means that why such color falling is expressed? You can think two primary factors in the vertical falling.

It is thickness of warp and the dispersion of dyeing.

When there is a dispersion in thickness of warp, it can designate rugged as the denim cloth to weave.

(As for the cause rugged being possible there is also a power loom)

When and the jeans of this kind of cloth which has rugged are worn

The convex section (the thick part) the concave section (the thin part) a stronger tension catches,

It means that the color falling of the convex section keeps advancing first.

In addition, because there is a dispersion in thickness, the dispersion occurs even in dyeing.

We are related to the dispersion of dyeing deeply even in strength of twist of the thread,

The thread whose twist is strong (it is strong the twist yarn), the indigo to dye being to become difficult to the center of the thread

So in the thread which is not also advance of the color falling is different from the thread whose twist is strong.

These kind of two primary factors are piled up, color remains and the time where difference of the る part becomes clear it is the case that the vertical falling is expressed.

Using properly the warp of no type thing thickness to random, it seems that is also some which aimed for the vertical falling in the replica jeans.

As for the jeans where you can see the excessive vertical falling such jeans are many, is.

It is something wherethis is calledthe generally known structure denim

fob_f190_mimiup.jpg

Word from Lewis @ Superdenim.co.uk is that they too will be stocking Joe McCoy in due course.

Excuse my poor dumb ass but what i'm not quite understanding is how these will differ from the current Real McCoys line-up. This goes beyond just a change of label right? Different cuts, denim, details, etc?

Denomito or anyone else, got any insights on this?

joe mccoy is an entirely new lineup the cuts will be repro cuts

i think there will be 5 or 6 cuts and a standard real mccoy model

maybe 7 or 8 types of cuts will be available from the company

the usual ww2 , 47501, 33 type will be there

denim will be the same as the old joe mccoy's sans the red tab

• 3 weeks later...

too bad there's no suspender model. ive been looking for a great Japanese replica of a 501 with suspender buttons, anyone has any recommendations?

• 1 month later...

IMG_2505.jpg

i'm assuming that, like buzz rickson, joe mccoy is a company with a made-up history, to create a "vintage look" as it were, including tags with fictitious dates, etc. (please correct me if i am wrong.)

the tag says springfield illinois, which is a pretty bizarre place to put on a fake tag. i also thought that lone wolf claimed to be from springfield as well, which made me do a double-take when i saw that on a tag.

it may be the capital of il, but it's really a small place with nothing going on (my grandmother lives about 45 minutes from there so i end up there every year.)

there is a used record store with some good finds, but that's it as far as i can tell.

• 1 month later...

Some of their pricing is outrageous. $105 for a pair of leather rank insignia? I have three jackets from McCoys, an L-2, B-15 (mod) and a red James Dean "Rebel" jacket that I got for a song. If their jeans are as nice as their jackets they are excellent.

• 1 month later...