joe mccoy

edmond

The man difference between the two is fit. The 614 has a noticeably tighter waist and more pronounced hip flare. Front rise is also higher on the 614, 12.5" versus 11" on the 906. For me, the 906 is by far the better fitting pair. Denim on s614 feels a hair heavier, but maybe that's just my imagination since they both share the same selvedge color (pink). Like the tag says, weight is 14.75 oz.

jmc614a.jpg

Where'd you find the Real McCoy's with the arcuate? Thanks.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5935&category_id=&manufacturer_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I notice that the 901 measured 90cm in a W31. I'm not sure if it is due to the low rise. I am usually a W32 in high/mid rise models, should I get a 31 or even 30? Eddie and coleslawyum how did you guys size your 906?

Plus is there any source confirming that the denim is from the previous Real McCoy's collection? Eddie mentioned earlier that they use the old Joe Mccoy denim but I have reservations about that.

I notice that the 901 measured 90cm in a W31. I'm not sure if it is due to the low rise. I am usually a W32 in high/mid rise models, should I get a 31 or even 30? Eddie and coleslawyum how did you guys size your 906?

Plus is there any source confirming that the denim is from the previous Real McCoy's collection? Eddie mentioned earlier that they use the old Joe Mccoy denim but I have reservations about that.

You have to size down 1 on these, but since I'm getting fat again these days I went tagged size. Originally Tsuimoto-san was trying to make these his slimmer lower-rise model, but ended up with something more mid-rise. That's why the waist measurement is a bit wonky. I'm thinking more like a pre 2009 Sorahiko fit with tighter legs.

Since The Real McCoys does everything in-house, they can literally reproduce whatever they made in the past. Like if you wanted a style from 3 seasons ago, if they still have the material, they can make a whole new one. They did that recently when I ordered a chore coat form them that was 2 years old.

I'm sure they have a couple of rolls of the original denim lying around. If not they can just reproduce them again.

Since The Real McCoys does everything in-house, they can literally reproduce whatever they made in the past.

thats really cool! I did not know they do everything in-house

^ I thought the previous incarnation of Joe McCoy jeans had most of the work out-sourced???

Could be possible, back in the days of when Toys McCoys, The Real McCoys NZ, and Bootleggers Reunion were all partners. But ever since Tsuimoto-san took over The Real McCoys, he has managed to slowly build an operation that manufactures everything in-house. I've always wondered why the quality control is so consistent, and it makes sense since it is all under one roof.

He has warehouses full of vintage items that he draws inspiration from, as well as the manufacturing machines to build all his product. The Real McCoys is more like his passionate hobby that manages to make money also. I think its great, since on the consumer side, it makes me feel very confident in purchasing anything they make.

^ Sorry buddy, an old friend from another state was visiting - he bought this belt on a Japanese auction site a while ago.

Don't think they are available in the current Joe McCoy line-up.

But the leather is the same oak-bark tanned leather from Baker's tannery that Tender Co.'s type 200 and my custom belt are made from.

Maybe you could find something similar on Yahoo Japan auctions?

Or get yourself a Tender Co. belt?

WWII style, but the cut is modified to something close to Fullcount 1108, or ROY. The denim is 14oz, dark and smooth. I am inclined to think that the Real McCoy's S613A denim is used here, since the original 901 denim has a strong vertical falling quality.

Backpocket design is similar to ROY's

R0013684.jpg

11oz herringbone front pockets, nice and thick

R0013679.jpg

High quality hardware

R0013675.jpg

R0013676.jpg

R0013683.jpg

R0013682.jpg

Compare to Denime's XX denim (on the left). The XX denim is coarser and much stiffer

R0013657.jpg

The price is steep (26250 yen), especially since 905 and 906 are sold at a much more reasonable price range. But I love the details and the silhouette. I hope the fading quality of the denim would justify the price.

• 1 month later...

I think I screwed up sizing on these.. these should be shrink to tag size..

They'll probably end up on Supermarket soon..

Joe McCoy MP9100 ~ Sz 28.. Selvage waist band, Cinch Back, Exposed Rivets

Waist 32"

Front Rise 10.5"

Back Rise 13.5"

Upper Thigh 12"

Knee 9.75"

Leg Opening 8.75"

Inseam 34"

Real McCoys Lot 001 MP9147 - Sz 31 x 34

These should be the only Real McCoys released this year, really nice heavy weight denim.. I would hate to let these ones go...

Waist 34"

Front Rise 10.25"

Back Rise 15.5"

Upper Thigh 12"

Knee 10"

Leg Opening 9.25"

Inseam 35"

web.jpg?ver=12894480050001