Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Anybody been able to get ahold of rising sun lately? I call but get know answer. I have left messages, but nada. Anyone know if their new shop is open?

I got this the other day. Says by-appt-only now at the bottom. Hope that helps.

risunsign_0.jpg

RISING SUN'S PRE-HOLIDAY SAMPLE SALE

Saturday, December 10th, Rising Sun is holding it's first ever pre-holiday sample and antiques sale just in time for all of your gift giving needs. We have an impressive inventory of development samples, wash samples, slight irregulars, damages, and one-offs available for purchase. There is also a selection of unique pieces that have never before been available.

Rising Sun's collection of vintage items are also up for sale. From clothing to furniture to lighting, all of these items were hand selected for the history they embody and the craftsmanship they display. This includes military work wear, denim, and men's and woman's clothing from the 40's through 60's.

A large selection of hearty fabrics are available in 5, 10, and 15 yard lots. These include both wide goods and selvage denim, canvas, twill, ridged, and stretch denim.

TIME: 10am-5pm

Come prepared to carry out lots of goodies. Remember, gifts to yourself are gifts all the same.

THIS IS A CASH-ONLY EVENT. NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS.

Rising Sun & Co.

2246 Fair Park Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90041

Open by Appointment Only

+1.323.982.9798

[email protected]

www.risingsunjeans.com

Just spoke with them today. they are not closing, still taking phone orders.

seriously, does anyone want to pick me up a ranch jacket? they are gonna charge me 20-25$ to ship the thin within the US. that rediculous, i regularly ship heavy boots for under $15.

Edited by illumin8em

Just when I finally thought I might get my hands on a pair of these jeans...

The miners jeans available at Orvis.com are not on the Orvis.uk website.

It means having to pay international shipping and customs etc, which don't apply from Orvis.uk

I think it has more to do with Orvis than RS as the racer t is available on the UK site.

I contacted Orvis, apparently they value my feedback.

I got mine from AB fits in the US. The price was good and they are customs friendly so no extra costs from sending to the UK. Had mine about year and they just get better and better.

I was going to try to go, but way too much stuff to do today and I wouldn't be able to make it down until like 2 or 3 and by then everything would be gone.

pretty good turn out at the sale today. I got there a little after 10 and I think there was quite a bit gone already....

The new place looks good too. Not as "classic old store" look as the Pasadena one, but looks a lot less cramped...

Good to see and meet everyone.

very cool.. I bet we actually knew pretty much everyone there... I almost got one those sweatshirts but the XL was a poly/cotton blend, while the Large was pure cotton. ...

Unfortunately all the tee shirts I bought are too small. So if anyone needs some Rising sun tees... (two black smalls, one white large and a pink girls for my wife...) I got a few. The Jerseys though fit... In hindsight I should have picked up more stuff...

I picked up a Ranch Hand Jacket at the sale. I know it has been discussed here before but now that some time has past and some of you might have washed yours. Do these shrink at all? Also noticed that the placket on mine is a brown. I have seen other ones that are a OD green color. I know that this jacket could very well be a sample jacket. But would like to know what is out there.

I will post a fit of mine when the rain stops. I will post some details tonight when I get home.

wow nice finds guys, wish i could have been there. I'm jealous.

my ranch hand did shrink, how much hard to say, I didn't measure before I washed it but it did shrink, not much it still fits fine. my facings are all olive green. I have the short version of the jacket. I know he did a longer cut as well, not sure if that version has a different color facing.

he had a duck version of his engineer jacket that I was lusting over when I was there last, said it was a sample. beautiful jacket

My ranch jacket shrunk very little. I believe the fabric is sanforized. Mine has the olive colored herringbone fabric on the facing.