Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Dude, how much for that shirt. The shit is awesome!

I went to A-B Fits in Sf today on my lunch break, wanted to look at their Rising Sun stuff, didn't expect to by anything, but:

6033443695_f512a8e641_o.jpg

6033443745_88691c466f_o.jpg

6034000524_50c85a501a_o.jpg

I was so impressed by how good the Rising Sun stuff looks in the flesh, way better than photographically inept and awkward-posing rnrswitch, riff & especially horribly unphotogenic eltopo make them look. The jacket fit so well, or so I thought, I couldn't resist it. They also had a couple of vests, both really nice but the indigo one the stand-out to me. Also some garment-dyed RS Ts- had no idea they made them.

A-B Fits was cool too- for some reason I'd never been in before. The owner was great, informative but nicely low key. From the selection of stuff he's culled from RS, LVC, West is Dead, Sunny Sport, etc., seems like he has some seriously good taste.

AB fits started this whole mess for me. Howard put me in those Blacksmith which until I tried on, hadn't really considered and that was it. Very nice guy and shop, a little gem. That street is fun to walk down, it feels like your in a different time. I agree, Rising Sun gear looks even better in person. Those WPA jeans didn't really catch my eye when I saw them online but after I saw them in the shop I was sold. They have a slight arc on the back pocket and some really nice details. Those Straight Razor jeans have a pleat in the back pocket stitch edge that is something Ive never seen ever.

The jacket looks great on you, I'm glad to be back in SF where we get to wear jackets pretty much year round. I don't think I could take that SoCal heat.

the shirt was $275. I think. Ill try and get a fit pic.

^He is nice. I got the feeling that, though I'm sure he was glad to make a sale, he would have happily shown me around the shop and talked about the various lines and garments even if I hadn't intended to spend a dime.

He really does have good taste- not a lot of things from any one single line, but the items he did have all were ones I thought were the best from each collection.

I thought I had seen that shirt before- The guy on the right and Hodis both wearing it here:

6033816605_6349d13996_o.jpg

great fit on that ranch jacket Roy6!

I remember Rising Sun did this shirt a couple of years back that blew me away; unfortunately it was sold out when i inquired about it (blue and red stripe chambray workshirt)

Called the shop and talked to Crosby. That shirt won't be available for awhile still. The one Flatpattetn picked up was one of the samples.

The wait is on!

Good to hear. I need to get that shirt, but I am still on a spending freeze.

So I'm showing my wife that awesome duck jacket and she says I should get it... who am I to argue with my wife...?

So did I read they're sold of them at the store? How much do they go for and is there a link on their blog about them?

I think I'm going to Pasadena!

My old lady is always egging me on to buy stuff just so she dont feel guilty buying all the stuff she buys.

My old lady is always egging me on to buy stuff just so she dont feel guilty buying all the stuff she buys.

I discovering that might be the case... but you know she'll keep on doing it, so why not take advantage while you can...

There was something that really added a dimension on that jacket that I couldn't put my finger on. Then I realised it was the pleating on the back. That thing has got alot of presence. If we get down to California, it will be no problem convincing the fiance to stop in to Rising Sun, as she has developed a small crush on Mike Hodis.

There was something that really added a dimension on that jacket that I couldn't put my finger on. Then I realised it was the pleating on the back. That thing has got alot of presence. If we get down to California, it will be no problem convincing the fiance to stop in to Rising Sun, as she has developed a small crush on Mike Hodis.

Why not invite him along on the honeymoon?! :)

Oh yeah, this was inside that feed bag... It's the reason I went there.

DSC09431.jpg

A Ranch Hand Jacket. The store was really cool. Just how I'd do it myself. Full of denim, duck and chambray with lots of antiques, leather chairs and patina wood. It was a full house when I stopped in. I think the rose bowl had just let out so there were a few guys in there. I got to meet Mike, the man behind it all, and Julian was also there, just hanging out. The back shop is my dream shop. So many vintage singers... I'd love to have those machines, although I do own a few of them already. The only thing missing would be a little music. Something like 30's cowboy music would work well I think.

As to the jacket it's great. The only thing I'm worried about is the sleeve length once this thing starts to break in and shrink a little. Two things I'd change on it so are is... I wish it had some selvedge on it and the "distressed" buttons I could do without. Let me distress them with age and use. I can't wait to see how this breaks in.

I also got to see some stuff they're working on in the future. Some really cool designs coming out. It's a must stop if you make it Pasadena...

DSC09432.jpg

^That looks fantastic. The fabric is sanforized, no? So you you should be fine on the sleeve length, looks like there is a little bit to spare, even.

Is that one of your hats? How are they coming along?

setterman will be jealous of that first picture.

thanks everyone, Seeing Roys is what sold me.

I didn't hear they're sanforized but that would help. It's just right right now with my arms down. Did you soak yours? It's got that new smell on it.

Yes, its my cap. I'm still working on them. I'm trying to find a chain stitch machine to attach the band as I think it would make it easier for me. Plus, I'm close to getting some Cone Duck selvedge for them which would be sweet.

^I'm not entirely sure about the duck, actually, I'm assuming that it is sanforized but I was going to try to verify that before washing it. Isn't all of the Rising Stuff, denim included, sanforized? I should write them and ask.

rnrswitch- have you washed your ranch jacket?

new filson x levi denim vest looks like it took some inspiration from the boys at rising sun