R.I.P. Michael Jackson

jayrock

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do realize that mj dying will be as big of a deal as elvis, john lennon and jfk, right? even if he did lose it later

you really can't underestimate the enormous scope of his influence, fan or not

Elvis yes. Lennon and JFK not even close. Why not throw in MLK and Ghandi while you're at it?

Musically the scope of his influence will likely never die, but people have not cared what he has had to contribute culturally for at least a decade.

Elvis yes. Lennon and JFK not even close. Why not throw in MLK and Ghandi while you're at it?

Musically the scope of his influence will likely never die, but people have not cared what he has had to contribute culturally for at least a decade.

dont be retarded. Mike is an even bigger influence to music than john lennon was

dont be retarded. Mike is an even bigger influence to music than john lennon was

I'm not arguing with you musically, but Lennon helped shape/represent an entire generation's opinions about life, style, art, politics, the war in Vietnam, etc... Even at the height of his fame MJ was the biggest pop star in the world but he was not more than that. Saying that MJ's cardiac arrest will resonate with people as much as Lennon's assassination in 1980 is crazy.

I'm not arguing with you musically, but Lennon helped shape/represent an entire generation's opinions about life, style, art, politics, the war in Vietnam, etc... Even at the height of his fame MJ was the biggest pop star in the world but he was not more than that. Saying that MJ's cardiac arrest will resonate with people as much as Lennon's assassination in 1980 is crazy.

not really gonna argue. michael did everything john lenna did in regards to shaping peoples opinions on politics, life, style, art simply on a different level. michael broke down barriers. MTV wouldnt play any black artists and then boom thriller is the reason for its meteoric rise. comfortable with the fact that some people dont appreciate/care about this. But to say he was just a "big pop star dude" is pure retardation

michael jackson has been making music for like 40yrs. all platinum.+. he is the greatest musician of all time.

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid.

If going platinum is the criteria for being a great musician, why would anyone give a fuck about Mozart? MJ was a great entertainer, but not even remotely the best musician of all time. Come on now..

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid.

If going platinum is the criteria for being a great musician, why would anyone give a fuck about Mozart? MJ was a great entertainer, but not even remotely the best musician of all time. Come on now..

maybe u just need to realize your opinion is not relevant and millions of people around the world really care about this shit although its clear nothing this guy his done affected you for whatever reason that is

the thing about mj agaisnt any other musician is that he has influenced people of all demographics world wide. niggas in hati arent touched by mozart or lennon like they are michael jackson. plus he sold more than any of them.

actually, I agree. He should've just clarified that people with a brain have not cared about MJ for over a decade.

Also, I've been more shaken up by fake celebrity death reports than this. Don't giv a fuc

people like you piss me off. you have your opinion, don't try to talk shit about anyone else who has their own opinion that differs from yours. john lennon, by himself, did not represent the youth but "the beatles" as a whole did. michael jackson, in his prime, was bigger than the beatles, and damn sure bigger than john lennon. michael jackson has been and always will be more relevant than lennon. thriller > lennon's whole discography. just because some people were loyal fans, and stuck with mj throughout his ups and downs doesn't make them brainless.

i said hati because its one of the poorest places on earth with not alot of resources let alone the entertainment options, not because its predominatly black. but whats important about tha is that hati can be substitude for any country in the world rich or poor.

mayne, i love some mj as much as the next guy but some of you peoples gots to chillllllllllll...

Talking about MJ is bigger than Elvis, Beatles, JFK, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Shiva, Sauron and Xenu put together. Calm the fuck down. MJ was legendary entertainer, and the last of the supermegaultrademigodstarz, but, seriously, seems like y'all got your whole weltanschauung wrapped around mj's left nut. It's OK to be sad about his death, but try to maintain some semblance of perspective.