R.I.P. Michael Jackson

jayrock

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel so bad for fawcett, her death was completely overshadowed by mj's death.

why? everyone knew she was dying and even had full length tv programs devoted to her while she was still living. Mikes death is tragic because of how unexpected it was

the moon walk. seriously, where did that come from? a-fucking-mazing.

^this du

this is something that hasn't been brought up yet, when we are comparing cultural contributions...

when mj came along doing the moonwalk and shit, nobody had ever seen anything like it. he totally threw the dance world on its ass.

mayne, i love some mj as much as the next guy but some of you peoples gots to chillllllllllll...

Talking about MJ is bigger than Elvis, Beatles, JFK, Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Shiva, Sauron and Xenu put together. Calm the fuck down. MJ was legendary entertainer, and the last of the supermegaultrademigodstarz, but, seriously, seems like y'all got your whole weltanschauung wrapped around mj's left nut. It's OK to be sad about his death, but try to maintain some semblance of perspective.

how are you gonna come into the RIP michael jackson thread and tell people to chill? you sound like a moron.

this isnt some rapper or some athlete that died, or some singer thats been relevant only for the last 5 or 6 years.

this is Michael Jackson. This is the guy that has influenced almost every major artist for the past 25+ years.

Beyond haters you guys are just sounding ignorant

i said hati because its one of the poorest places on earth with not alot of resources let alone the entertainment options, not because its predominatly black. but whats important about tha is that hati can be substitude for any country in the world rich or poor.

People used to be moon walking and singing Thriller all the time when that shit came out. You've never heard Thriller until some dude with the thickest Haitian accent on earth is singing it.

Tasteless jokes aside, I honestly don't find Jackson's death all that tragic. The guy has been a human trainwreck since the 90s. The real tragedy of Michael Jackson is the slow downward spiral his life was in, coming to a real head with the (repeated) molestation accusations.

I've always been more upset seeing how fucked up he managed to become - addicted to surgery, waving kids out his window, giving terrible interviews and making weird public appearances, court case after court case, near bankruptcy and massive debt...his death is significantly less tragic than his life.

That's the most relevant thing you've said this week clopek, I can respect that.

Despite the fact that he's a legend to many, I can agree that he overshadowed himself with his own wrong doings during his career.

No spine?

I'm just stating a fact. I'm well aware of the mans career in general, but with all of the scandals, and numerous court cases you can't argue that within the last 5-10 years MJ has had a turbulent time.

No spine?

I'm just stating a fact. I'm well aware of the mans career in general, but with all of the scandals, and numerous court cases you can't argue that within the last 5-10 years MJ has had a turbulent time.

ure an idiot bro.

No spine?

yea but it won't overshadow his cultural significance. the same reason why the media that was prosecuting him 3 yrs ago is now praising him. people favor the good yo.

except for OJ. mothefucka did it.

No spine?

did you copy this word for word directly from every news channel @tm?