iPhone 3.0

WayneGibbous

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i lost all of my contacts and shit after jailbreaking again, this is the 4th or 5th time, not really sure if i want to restore to an older version AGAIN just to copy all of my numbers and rejailbreak or what, this shit sucks, also please tell me categories works in 3.0, not used to having 20 pages of apps

Wheres the tether feature? (i'm on 3G 3.0, no S) And i heard it costs extra?

Also...

Is the MMS only between ther iphone 3.0 people? Because i got a girl to send me one from a blackberry and it showed up as that Go to this website to view yur pics yur password is ____ bullshit... and never works for me

If you're on AT&T you're screwed for both of those until they get their asses in gear.

Anybody else notice their mail being out of wack ever since 3.0?

Weird stuff happening in my phone, I'm talking new mail nrs (2) not updating after having read all, certain emails simply disappearing, while still being in my account, and weirdest of all a recent conversation title with the body of a 2005 email hmmm....

All of this is just on the phone btw, all fine in gmail

I upgraded from my shitty nokia to a 3gs on o2 pay as you go. It's a very very nice device, made much better by the number of brilliant apps available. Certainly if you have any phone except the 3g then worth buying. The processor jump over the 3g is only really vital / significant for gaming and to a limited extent browsing, but having looked at the old iphone everything does feel " faster" on the new one- after using it for a few days i will for sure be selling my DS.

@CD the gmail implementation has been fine for me ( if annoyingly lacking push updates)

Weird stuff happening in my phone, I'm talking new mail nrs (2) not updating after having read all, certain emails simply disappearing, while still being in my account, and weirdest of all a recent conversation title with the body of a 2005 email hmmm....

I don't know what's up but email just doesn't seem to be making it to my phone

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's 3.1!

Truth. This thing has more bugs than 007's junk

Check your data push too. Mine was reset to manual after the update.

• 1 month later...
i was thinking about just going for it since i have a homie hook up that'd get me the data plan for $15 or something. but i've got other expenses right now, and i don't really wanna bring it with me on vacation overseas, so i'll probably get it when i get back. i need a new phone anyway, my nokia is four years going strong lol
Yeah, my N75 lived for 3 years and still works, thing was a tank (although I don't abuse my shit like some others). I like my 3gs but the lack of mms and having to get used to the touchscreen keyboard is a bit annoying

so i finally discovered internet tethering without having to jailbreak my phone. thank god! i plan on using it when i have to visit my grandma's for a week... she doesn't have internet but makes tasty baked goods :o

please elaborate on this. tethering would be pretty useful if i ever feel like taking my macbook out to a coffee shop or something that doesnt have wifi

easiest way is to hit up this link on safari on your iphone:

http://help.benm.at/help.php

download the mobileconfigs thing on the site, it's like 3 steps. reboot iphone. pair your iphone with your laptop and just turn on internet tethering in iphone settings.

step by step here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/633111-easily-enable-tethering-3-0-via-iphone-safari.html

edit: just saw the above reply, that one might work too but it looks more tedious IMO.