arcteryx veilance

11 hours ago, johngalt said:

Can anyone confirm if the Sequent pants is made in Canada or China? On Eastdane website, it states Canada. Thanks.

Edited by matthewcng

On 12/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, matthewcng said:

Can anyone confirm if the Sequent pants is made in Canada or China? On Eastdane website, it states Canada. Thanks.

I have them in hand. Made in canada. Fit is like a combination of apparat and align. Seams are perfect, the new grosgrain + button revision is better than the apparat as well.

Quick thoughts:

Great construction. I think a c-knit pant is really awesome. The copy is deceptive, the tag states 6% elastane in the lining the outer has no elastane and there isn't that much give in the fabric. The waist adjustment can go down 1.5cm each side for 3cm per notch. At each hem it's 3.5cm at each adjustment point with 3 buttons. The front pockets are normal styled but zip. The back pockets are like the indisce pant with the fabric flap that keeps that panel line.

Good job veilance!

Edited by CARLOOA

fit piiiiics pls also i wonder if because they're made of goretex that they're made in canada? all other pants have moved overseas by now

edit: also can you double cuff the pant or does it look weird with the grey cknit backer?

Edited by branespload

19 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Articulation is perfect, no knee bags like the voronoi. Excuse my short legs :)

Xv9KEbH.jpg
r1PquSy.jpg
cAZ0ptU.jpg

Thanks for adding the doggo for scale/reference;)

Edited by brainerd666

4 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Can someone fill me in what's the big deal about the sequent pants? I find it uncomfortable to wear Goretex pants even if it's C-knit. 

I do imagine that full gore-tex pants, over a material like Windstopper, would be overkill in all but a proper monsoon and would be less comfortable than Windstopper, with its ability to stretch. 

Also, it is a bit of a cult thing lol.

gotta stay dry

I don't have experience in wearing a gore tex pant all day, but I have with wearing a sympatex. Actually it's not as bad as someone might think. A valid point is that this pant is properly used only maybe once a year. For all other occasions something like a Indisce does the job as well while remaining comfy all day long.

2 hours ago, stress_waves said:

So would you guys say the indisce blazer/pant combo is formal enough for interviews as well?

Depends. I'd never wear AV into a finance or consulting interview. If you're in fintech, maybe. Goes with the whole "agile" forward thinking approach. What kind of jobs you interviewing for? 

Recently picked up both indisce blazer and pants in navy blue. Agree with all the comments above; as someone employed in a very conservative field (health care) where non-conformity draws unwanted attention, I wouldn't wear either to a job interview. I mean, it might be ok depending on what industry you're in, but why risk anything if you're serious about the job?

11 hours ago, hslhs said:

I am more like an athletic /streetwear guy and I already found myself not wearing my quoin jacket much. I am not sure if I should get a blazer lol

any reason you don't find yourself wearing the quoin jacket much? isn't it like a coach's jacket? seems pretty athletic/streetwear. curious cuz i'm on the fence about it (I love the quoin vest utility wise, thinking a whole polartec alpha shirt could be useful)

i just tried on quoin jacket again - it's actually kinda nice especially with buttons up. A good simple standalone jacket with a modern cut that I should probably wear more. Welp I should go get the blazer

Edited by hslhs