Left Field Jeans

scotty2

^C,  i hear you saw andrew at BiG! He says there's some sweet stuff in the works! pumped.

we didn't properly meet! i was helping some peeps with jeans--shop was super busy. i hope to formally introduce myself soon though...I'd love to pick his brain....BLF!

been wearing the natural indigo slub selvages for a couple years now, sbmoore and i always geeked out at those and the fact they exist. plus, @jyoni crushed it with the back pocket repair. might have to put them on the bench for the hank-dyed chelseas, as painful as that would be!

IMG_0928_zpsiytzg4u6.jpg

Edited by waxedandriveted

Hey everyone, I ordered the BlackBlue greasers this week and made a post on reddit earlier.

Also thanks for the fast shipping Christian!

Edited by EmperorSelassieEye

So if anyone wants to show off any killer  LF fades on Rawr denim for fade of the day or week here's the breakdown. 

As for Fade of the Day / Fade Friday, yes please send over my way! Details are below on what we need:
Info Needed - any sort of background including what activities contributed to the product's wear, how long they've been used/worn for, and how many washes/soaks they've been given (if applicable).
Photo specs:
See above for specific photo requirements
Detail shots (if denim):
Front and back of denim laid flat
Front and back of denim being worn
Front and back closeup
Knee fades
Honeycomb (back of knee) fades
Hem
Any other noteworthy fades or details
Detail shots (if non-denim):
Front, back, and side 
Anything else notable
If the product belongs to someone not part of Left Field, please let us know how we can credit the them. We can include a link to Left Field still, but can also drop in a mention/link to the wearer's personal online accounts (e.g. twitter, instagram, facebook, personal blog/site, etc.).

Anybody that gets posted gets a 20% off coupon as well as all the fame and chicks that come with it.  thanks, C

So if anyone wants to show off any killer  LF fades on Rawr denim for fade of the day or week here's the breakdown. 

As for Fade of the Day / Fade Friday, yes please send over my way! Details are below on what we need:
Info Needed - any sort of background including what activities contributed to the product's wear, how long they've been used/worn for, and how many washes/soaks they've been given (if applicable).
Photo specs:
See above for specific photo requirements
Detail shots (if denim):
Front and back of denim laid flat
Front and back of denim being worn
Front and back closeup
Knee fades
Honeycomb (back of knee) fades
Hem
Any other noteworthy fades or details
Detail shots (if non-denim):
Front, back, and side 
Anything else notable
If the product belongs to someone not part of Left Field, please let us know how we can credit the them. We can include a link to Left Field still, but can also drop in a mention/link to the wearer's personal online accounts (e.g. twitter, instagram, facebook, personal blog/site, etc.).

Anybody that gets posted gets a 20% off coupon as well as all the fame and chicks that come with it.  thanks, C

Just for clarity's sake, is this for Rawr or are you guys doing a thing now too?

My wife and I are headed to NYC for a vacation this weekend. I'm pretty excited to make the trip to Queens and check out the Left Field shop on Monday. Hopefully I can make a decision between the indigo/indigo, Black/Blue collab, and the 18oz slub. I'm also probably going to pick up another pair of chinos, some shirts, and maybe a pair of the swim trunks. 

I'm making sure to pack light!

Edited by FrooShonTay

@altoclef that's for Raw, but you can also send them to us i at [email protected] we will post them up on instagram and maybe on the site. By the way I used your button shot for the chicklet add on Rawr. 

I'm working on a doing exclusive LF button fronts that will only be sold online and at the shop so I can use the best fabrics and production at a reasonable price.  I will be doing another work shirt for fall, may bring back the 10 oz twill tartans for something a little bit different. They are just like the old Five Brothers. Key point is that they are twill not plain weave. 

Hey, Christian, been away for awhile and am wondering about the sizing of the new BlackBlue collab. I've gotten size 40 in my other greasers (Black Maria, 10 oz. deadstock, Cone 15 oz., etc.) which have the same dimensions, but the BlackBlue collab 40 is an inch smaller in the waist and 1.75 inches bigger in the back rise. If they were the old greaser dimensions, I'd just order them hemmed and that would be that. Is the fit so different that I should try them first before hemming?

I tried on the white oak cone greasers today and I love the fit. If I'm a 33 in those what would I be in the 18oz slub? Also how much different do the Chelsea fit as far as rise goes? I could stand to go a little smaller in the hem like the Chelseas but I like the rise of the greasers.

Maybe I should just stop by the shop on Monday and try them all on instead.

Edited by itschrisb

I don't see a lot of evo pics : /.  I'm eyeing those collect mills Chelsea jeans but as my last 3 pairs have been Cone/Cone/RRL that has been real slow to evo I'm looking for something that will break in quick like Samurai or Flathead.  Do you guys think the Collect Mills heavyweight stuff will evo decently fast or no?

Edited by givemefive

there are some beautiful fades on some 18oz collect starting to come back into the shop. it hasn't been around for longer than 6 months yet. use the money you saved by getting LFs instead of samurai or FH and get yourself a couple pairs of choctaw while you're at it. thank Christian in 6 months by posting your beautiful evos.

itschrisb- check the measurement charts for each of those jeans on the leftfieldnyc website

I did compare the charts I just wanted to be sure that even though the numbers match that the jeans will fit the same in those areas. I have a lot of trouble finding jeans that fit me right.

itschrisb I'd say head to the shop, the best deals are to be had in person.

I've seen Christians Collect 18 ozs and only after a few weeks of wear he is starting to bright blues coming through the whiskers. The denim is so rough it almost feels like sandpaper. The irregular weft looks great too. If I hadn't just picked up the Black Blue collabs I would have probably grabbed a pair of those. 

JdcINK I'd measure a pair of your current jeans to see what they measure now because my size 33 Black Blue collabs started at 32" stretched out to 34", shrank back to 32" after a warm soak but easily stretched back out to 34". If you need something smaller I'd suggest getting the 32s.

We have some new denims including a new fit as well as a woman's selvedge high rise.  A new darker grey heathered jean in The Chelsea's and a restock in the   Black Maria's and Cone 13 oz , and a limited last run of the 10 oz JP deadstock nep summer weight denim.  Just got new stock of tube tees as well. 

We have some new denims including a new fit as well as a woman's selvedge high rise. A new darker grey heathered jean in The Chelsea's and a restock in the Black Maria's and Cone 13 oz , and a limited last run of the 10 oz JP deadstock nep summer weight denim. Just got new stock of tube tees as well.

Any denim shirts coming out?

I couldn't resist the new BlackBlue collab and spun the dice on them, hoping that the higher back rise and slightly smaller cut would work on me. Well, it works, but barely - this is definitely a different fit than my other Greasers (the more "classic" cut works better on me for sure). I think they will stretch out enough to be comfy though.

That said, the denim is beautiful and the craftmanship is superb, as always. And I really dig the patch design!

I couldn't resist the new BlackBlue collab and spun the dice on them, hoping that the higher back rise and slightly smaller cut would work on me. Well, it works, but barely - this is definitely a different fit than my other Greasers (the more "classic" cut works better on me for sure). I think they will stretch out enough to be comfy though.

That said, the denim is beautiful and the craftmanship is superb, as always. And I really dig the patch design!

My pair stretched maybe a half inch or so in the waist after about 10 wears. I didn't size down though if that helps. I think once you break them in you should be fine. I'm already getting some nice electric blue fading along the inseam.

Does anybody out there happen to have both Leftfield heavyweight tees and 3sixteen heavyweight tees that could offer a comparison on fit? I'm finding my pair of 3sixteen tees really boxy and shorter than I expected/wanted. They seemed to shrink rather dramatically in the length but nowhere else, and so they drape weird and get rather billowy at the waist. By the look of the measurements, the Leftfield tees also seem like they might have a square, boxy fit. Any input would appreciated. Thanks.