Left Field Jeans

scotty2

@happybabyyoga bonus points for but shots, only ladies though. I know unfair, but get over it. 

@toincoss if you request those for the variety box we will throw some in if we have your size.

@mfarmtown nice idea to taper them, we are going to do one womens jean selvedge w/ lycra in the near future. 

thanks for everyone that's posted looks great the more info you say about yourself the closer knit the family gets. For those who haven't posted yet don't be shy introduce yourself. C

Hello All,

This is my first post on sufu and also my intro post for the sweatpants contest. My name is Greg and I am from Fort Worth, Texas. Currently I am at school in Chicago. I am hopelessly obsessed with raw denim and evolution and these sweatpants are just a whole new game for me. I am very surprised how well these things dress up. Everybody is shocked/intrigued when i mention I'm wearing sweats. I even went out to lunch with my mom and she thought i was in real pants! I can't wait to see how these things evolve and I'm excited to actually participate on sufu instead of just lurking like usual. Here are my initial fit pics. I love these things with my engineer boots and a button down. 

xhRXsWa.jpg?3

8n6MuIZ.jpg?3

zg7WYpw.jpg?4

6QI5XHh.jpg?2

O0CcVvh.jpg?3

The fit looks great! And again your Chippewa's look amazing. Is that a bird on your shirt or did mfarmtown throw indigo at you?

I accidently downvoted you and I have no idea how to undo it :(

The fit looks great! And again your Chippewa's look amazing. Is that a bird on your shirt or did mfarmtown throw indigo at you?

I accidently downvoted you and I have no idea how to undo it :(

The shirt is from a brand called Modern Amusement, although now I'm starting to think letting mfarmtown throw indigo at me might look even cooler... 

thanks everyone! Zenrunner, I did not presoak them.

Emperor and Formula, my sweats did get some splashes when I was dyeing last week, though you can't really tell. Definitely should try that on some lighter colored fabrics though.

Did you take any pictures of the dyeing process?  If so, please post them!  Roger stopped by the shop the other day, and told us about it.

Hi LF sweatpants competitors!  This is my first sufu pic posting...  I am a yoga instructor and live in St. Paul near BlackBlue (where I found myself today buying a LF sweatshirt.)  I purchased a size small and you can see from the pics that they are a little baggy and long.  And, yes, I posted the butt pic.  So far I have machine washed them in cold and hung dry.  After several days of walking the poodle in the pic (Sandy Girl) through melting snow, puddles, and mud the bottoms are pretty nasty.  I will wash them tonight in hot and then put them in the dryer.  Hopefully, that will shrink them a bit.  I'll post an "after" pic if there is any signifcant shrinking.  I might have to taper and shorten... will see.  Welcome to everyone in the contest.  This should be a fun adventure! 

13116022703_6ac22c5022.jpg
IMG_1949 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13116013013_d9388e3801.jpg
IMG_1951 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

Edited by happybabyyoga

the easiest way to post fit pics: come into BlackBlue.

John (jyoni) has started wearing the full LF indigo sweatsuit to work construction every day. His sweatshirt looks amazing and the pants won't be behind for long. always great to hang with an OG sufu head and someone who wears his stuff HARD. He is setting a pretty high bar.

B9D8D19F-7F3A-4E6B-B6D4-40CEDB12CD49_zps

9BF5C8D1-F20B-4C72-8892-CFFAB73B55BC_zps

andrew creepin' in his old school LF natty indigo slims (more on those beauties later) and indigo sweatshirt

D794FFD6-75DB-4D99-9511-23FA80ECC590_zps

964C40C7-C165-4C23-8A20-3534D8034566_zps

C6A586F6-EB84-4618-8822-56576213EF53_zps

073487A2-F0C7-464E-84FD-2992C208C217_zps

B7378070-50C3-4626-9CB7-FCFAD82822C9_zps

OX4Xa7V.jpg?1

@mfarmtown- I never knew I needed indigo dyed running shoes until this very moment. I'll be the talk of the town at races.

"Yeah, your Vibram Five Fingers are cool and all but can they do this?" *starts running and leaves indigo footprints behind*

Hi LF sweatpants competitors!  This is my first sufu pic posting...  I am a yoga instructor and live in St. Paul near BlackBlue (where I found myself today buying a LF sweatshirt.)  I purchased a size small and you can see from the pics that they are a little baggy and long.  And, yes, I posted the butt pic.  So far I have machine washed them in cold and hung dry.  After several days of walking the poodle in the pic (Sandy Girl) through melting snow, puddles, and mud the bottoms are pretty nasty.  I will wash them tonight in hot and then put them in the dryer.  Hopefully, that will shrink them a bit.  I'll post an "after" pic if there is any signifcant shrinking.  I might have to taper and shorten... will see.  Welcome to everyone in the contest.  This should be a fun adventure! 

13116022703_6ac22c5022.jpg

IMG_1949 by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

@happybabyyoga- Welcome! How tall are you? Your poodle is half your height!

Just ordered the indigo short sleeve pocket t-shirt. Looking forward to this...

EDIT: the interesting thing about that dog above is that it's actually a miniature poodle!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

@shorty Long, yeah we did that because of your interest and some others on the thread. The factory we did the tubes at couldn't set the pockets so we had to send half the production to another factory to get them put on, but all's good. We will be switching factories to accommodate pocket tees for the next run.

@mfarmtown nice operation! giving 3sixteen a run for the money

@jyoni killing it man! nice work. 

the easiest way to post fit pics: come into BlackBlue.

John (jyoni) has started wearing the full LF indigo sweatsuit to work construction every day. His sweatshirt looks amazing and the pants won't be behind for long. always great to hang with an OG sufu head and someone who wears his stuff HARD. He is setting a pretty high bar.

B9D8D19F-7F3A-4E6B-B6D4-40CEDB12CD49_zps

9BF5C8D1-F20B-4C72-8892-CFFAB73B55BC_zps

andrew creepin' in his old school LF natty indigo slims (more on those beauties later) and indigo sweatshirt

D794FFD6-75DB-4D99-9511-23FA80ECC590_zps

964C40C7-C165-4C23-8A20-3534D8034566_zps

C6A586F6-EB84-4618-8822-56576213EF53_zps

073487A2-F0C7-464E-84FD-2992C208C217_zps

B7378070-50C3-4626-9CB7-FCFAD82822C9_zps

Nice....!

@mfarmtown- I never knew I needed indigo dyed running shoes until this very moment. I'll be the talk of the town at races.

"Yeah, your Vibram Five Fingers are cool and all but can they do this?" *starts running and leaves indigo footprints behind*

@happybabyyoga- Welcome! How tall are you? Your poodle is half your height!

I'm 5'2".  Standard poodle, Sandy Girl, is pretty tall!