Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

the nipper's 302, found by robbie, are just starting to show some wear. For anyone who missed them, these were a deadstock pair from the late 60s - so it's a rare chance to document a true vintage pair getting worn in...

Unwashed.

lapmain.jpg

10 weeks in - only the odd splash of yoghurt, miso soup, flour and/or jam. If I'm devious enough I can keep this out of the washing pile for another months or two. Knees are getting some good fade in traditional nipper fashion, and we've already discovered they didn't fasten the rivets so well back in 1969.

302lapmain.jpg

At spitalfields last week I spotted worn-in pair of these from the same era, they looked magnificent; so I'm looking forward to the next six months.

hole.jpg

the distressing regime in action...

I want to keep them when he's outgrown them - but I'm happy to have them as a Superfuture utility pair, we can keep them going until they're truly knackered. I reckon it's riff's daugher, then almostnice jr, then your fella might be due a turn, followed by lillildavid?

Interesting to see how quickly the original rayon tabs get chewed up, too.

302bumDec.jpg

I want to keep them when he's outgrown them - but I'm happy to have them as a Superfuture utility pair, we can keep them going until they're truly knackered. I reckon it's riff's daugher, then almostnice jr, then your fella might be due a turn, followed by lillildavid?

Interesting to see how quickly the original rayon tabs get chewed up, too.

302bumDec.jpg

Sounds good. Always on the look out for unwashed originals, but the prices are just too steep.

Will probably wait till he's a teen and pass on my hardly worn TTS '44's instead.

H+M havent had any selvedge jeans for ages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to say how much I enjoy this thread, even if it's not updated all the time. Here's my little one in his fleece lined denim. Nothing special, but he wears them hard now!

IMG_0925.jpg

And these are his "rinse" pair, which are getting some nice creases!

IMG_0874.jpg

Paul - they're here!

And, I'm kinda confused as to what I have here. lol First off neither pair is selvage(damn it!), but both pairs are pretty nice, considering the price I paid.

Now, on to the photos. I have a bunch, so I apologize if I od

EDIT: I DIDNT REALIZE THE PICS WOULD BE SO HUGE, MY APOLOGIES!! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING PHOTOS SO I WILL TAKE IT AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE!

camera2011060.jpg

the two tags differ from each other. One has a date of 1987 and 1966.

camera2011026.jpg

camera2011015-1.jpg

the "'66" tagged pair, no selvage

camera2011349.jpg

the "1987" tagged pair

camera2011029.jpg

check the difference in arcuates. 87 tagged pair on left

camera2011033.jpg

camera2011043.jpg

now, onto the tags. Obviously the tags on the back pocket don't necessarily mean they're from that year..

the tagged "'87" pair

camera2011058.jpg

camera2011059.jpg

MORE PHOTOS ON THE NEXT POST

PLEASE SEE THE FIRST SET OF PICS IN MY PREVIOUS POST.

EDIT: MY APOLOGIES ON THE SIZE OF THE PHOTOS. MY FIRST TIME POSTING PICS, WILL FIX IT ON ALL FUTURE POSTS.

the tagged "'66" pair

camera2011350.jpg

camera2011362.jpg

does that mean this pair is actually from 1982?

the tagged "'66" pair, NO big E....

camera2011064.jpg

1987 pair

camera2011066.jpg

1966 tagged pair

camera2011377.jpg

close up of the denim

camera2011389.jpg

camera2011382.jpg

Paul/anybody else - any idea when/where these came from?

The denim is really nice on both of them, with the "66" pair taking the cake. Cone??

Both Cone, shoot the stitching inside the back pockets on the 66 pair (which must be later than 71, being Llittle E), and you will get clue about age. Still good jeans for the money.

As for sizing: go to photobucket, click on 'edit' and you can reduce the size to, say, 600-650 pixels wide. I can't actually see them properly on my laptop as they are.

thanks, Paul.

I'm at work at the moment, but tonight I will re-size the photos in photobucket. If you couldn't tell, this is actually my first time ever using photobucket! : )

I will also take a picture of the inside stitching on the back pockets for you.

the denim on the 66 pair is nice though.

oh yeah, if you can see them, any idea on which factories these are from based on the button numbers? I read somewhere else that 553 is North Carolina?

thanks for the reply!

I found a pair of 70's hickory stripe Lee over-alls this afternoon.

Figured I'd share some pics with you guys. As much as I wish they fit me, they don't! So, if your little nipper might fit them lemme know. They are size 8 by all my calculations and computations.

168043_497296271834_508016834_6658171_1420968_n.jpg

il_75x75.214247488.jpg

il_570xN.214247430.jpg

il_570xN.214247374.jpg

circa 70s 'Lee M.R' tab

il_570xN.214247528.jpg

il_570xN.214247567.jpg

I found a pair of 70's hickory stripe Lee over-alls this afternoon.

Figured I'd share some pics with you guys. As much as I wish they fit me, they don't! So, if your little nipper might fit them lemme know.

il_570xN.214247528.jpg]

Those are great, Robbie!

Incidentally, if you ever see any knackered, cheap hickory stripe items on your travels, I am looking for some of that fabric for patching...

GOod to see baby cheep again. Except he's no baby any longer.

nothing to do with the jacket, but he looks very suspiciously at the cup...what did you make him hold - or possibly drink ?

nothing...pretty sure it was lemonaide... tho now he tries to sneak sips of my beer whenever he can.

GOod to see baby cheep again. Except he's no baby any longer.

yeah, he will be 10 this month, and hes wearing jeans i wore 5 years ago.