Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

Got the 103's all dry and hairy and crunchy. The above post reminded me that I did have some concern over how small the rise measurement was, but I don't notice it at all. I guess I wear my jeans really low already and the small rise measurement gives me a nice long leg.

I do hope they behave much like the F310's do in the Flathead thread and shrink another solid amount on a second hot soak.

I had a couple hours to kill this afternoon so I gave the 103's a real hot one in the kitchen sink. From the measurements, I think I got about 1/2 the shrink on the original soak and hopefully I got close to the other 1/2 on the second. Should put them at damn near perfect.

Here are fit pics of sz 30 103BSP's. These are for sale, hot soaked twice and unhemmed, unfaded. I have measured them and the measurements on Self Edge post-soak are correct, EXCEPT the waist has remained 16" across (17" if held taught / aligned).

The reason for sale is that the waist has not shrunk according to Self Edge measurements, but everything else has(???). They should have shrunk to be nearly too small, but instead only slightly shrunk to be too large. They fall off me at 17".

~33% off at $215 shipped to you (covers shipping and paypal fees). For now, I am not interested in low ball bids, as I can give them as an Xmas gift.

121409011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Real Japan Blues 106BSP

1.5 Years

18 months, 1 soak, 6 washes.

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs more love.

Many thanks to Self Edge for the 103BSPs. They're about 2 weeks old, so no real wear to speak of. This is more like an initial impressions post.

I would go TTS on these. Allows for room in the waist, yet maintains a slim fit throughout. The rise is quite low, but it works. Over all the fit reminds me of a low-rise version of Samurai 500s, or even a modified Levi's 511. They are tapered, but I feel like they fit more like a slim straight.

Here's a fit pic and then some extras

4727717157_e1f338bafd.jpg

4757668933_72c821d386.jpg

4758305462_ecb8f86d99.jpg

4758304680_457e29c3da.jpg

4758308028_3b17e9046a.jpg

Fit flicks on those Rainbow "Jeans" please.... :rolleyes:

It's a Flat Head 3009 cut jean with RJB's denim.