Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

kiya

ive washed/dryers my BKs cause i really wanted all the shrinkage out and now they are ridiculously wrinkled. waiting to go home for spring break to get it pressed at my dry cleaners. is this a bad idea at all?

This is not a good idea, just wear them and the wrinkles will go away within a few days at the most.

any reason? and by really wrinkled i mean like...theres a really big crease all the way down the front, i don't think they'll go away. im not sure how the crease even set in so fast. but ill try wearing it around the house for a few days and see what happens.

I got mine in yesterday. Hot soaked them for 45 mins or so, then couldn't button them up haha.... stretched them out for a while, wore them around, squatted a bunch, etc, put them on today, can button them up now, but pockets are iffy. I also sized down about 1.5 (normally 29-30, and these are 28) so I suppose that's to be expected. Love them though. No camera (left it in San Francisco!) so no fit pics sadly.

I'm out and about right now so I'll try to snag some with my cell phone camera later just to give an idea at least. Love the denim on them though. Sorry, didn't mean back pockets. Just that I can't get my hands into my pockets just yet... hopefully my walking a few miles in them today should stretch them out a little bit more.

any reason? and by really wrinkled i mean like...theres a really big crease all the way down the front, i don't think they'll go away. im not sure how the crease even set in so fast. but ill try wearing it around the house for a few days and see what happens.

You will want to turn them inside out and iron out the crease for sure. It won't go away. You can find people's indigo jeans that threw them in the dryer and they are faded down that crease just because it never went away.

That's the biggest hazard of throwing jeans in the dryer.

gonna purchase the 106's this week, staying true to size is the best choice? from what everybody in this thread is saying they shrink a pretty substantial amount soo just extra hot soak for an hour and they'll be ready to go ya?

Sup.

Boiling hot soak and hang dryed yesterday.

Didn't shrink enough, so boiling hot soaked them again, and then dryed them in the dryer.

Size 32, to hem or not to hem.

dsc0236k.jpg

dsc0237s.jpg

pics are a little dark, but from what I can see i'd say hem a couple inches.

I'm about to do that tomorrow too

gonna purchase the 106's this week, staying true to size is the best choice? from what everybody in this thread is saying they shrink a pretty substantial amount soo just extra hot soak for an hour and they'll be ready to go ya?

self edge recommends you size 2 down from what you are. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=395

From what I got with my 66bspbk's i'd say size down 1-2 (even with soak)

self edge recommends you size 2 down from what you are. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=395

From what I got with my 66bspbk's i'd say size down 1-2 (even with soak)

What? We never said to size down two, go true to size, these jeans shrink TO tagged size when hot soaked.

What? We never said to size down two, go true to size, these jeans shrink TO tagged size when hot soaked.

whatt really? mine feel like they are a size 31 even after my hot soak o.o

my bad though. thanks for the correction kiya and champion

Got my 105BSP's from fedex today!

Info - Size 28, sized down 1.5-2 (waist is a 30). Hemmed to 34.5 (after soak I'm aiming for a 31.5). Right now the waist buttons up pretty easily. After a soak its going to be a little tough but I'll fight it out. Besides the waist everything is a little baggy which is perfect cause it'll slim down after a soak.

Sorry for the messy room! batteries were about to die.

Front

img3350a.jpg

Back

img3351t.jpg

Patch

img3356e.jpg

Detail 1

img3357cj.jpg

Detail 2

img3359.jpg

Detail 3

img3358i.jpg

Pre Soak fit pics

Fit Pic Front

img3367w.jpg

Fit Pic Back

img3368pj.jpg

Post soak pics later!

dan those are lookin good. if you dont mind me asking what kinda build are you? you look kinda tall as well. Im just debating between getting the 106 or the 105. from what I understand (and anybody can answer this) the only difference between the models is room in the thigh from the knee up. is that correct?

heyitslando - For reference I'm about 5'10 I weigh about 140 lbs

So last night I did a 1 hour warm soak to get shrinkage out. I took some pretty quick measurements of post soak only, forgot to do presoak. I put them on while damp for 30 minutes to stretch it out and set some creases then let them finish drying over night. When I put them on this afternoon they were stiff as cardboard! Did not expect that. I love the fit though, exactly what I was looking for.

Waist was 14.4

Rise - 10

Thigh - 10.2

Leg opening - 7.9

Post soak fit pics

Front

img3384b.jpg

Back

img3383b.jpg

When they soften up I'll take fit pics again they should look a lot better.