Eternal Jeans

minya

how much shrinkage can I expect out of these in the waist if I were to throw them in the machine? (warm wash, hang dry)

Slight and very temporary shrinkage in the waist on my one wash 811's. Stretches back out the same day. Also worth noting, my last wash softened up my denim and I'm getting weak baggy stacking on my ankles. Yuck.

dino, my o/w 811's were stiff as hell when i got them.

cabl, i still don't understand, after 3 or 4 washes they'll shrink to o/w size whether you dry them in the dryer or not. What good are jeans you can only wash a few times before they're too small? Also, the fade will be off once they shrink after each wash.

Jesus Christ - the whole sizing issue with 811s is making me crazy.

I've read through this whole thread and still can't figure it out...so please help me here.

I'm a size 32 in SDA-103s - perfect fit on me (not too tight / not too baggy).

I want to get the o/w 811s from BiG - should I go for 32 or 33?

Thanks in advance

^ best thing to do is measure your waist and buy that size. This will be tight but will stretch out to your size. Or, size up 1 for a slightly fuller cut that will fit comfortably initially in the waist.

ps. not to scare you, but there seems to be a slight sizing inconsistancy with these so your milage may vary slightly.

I've read through this whole thread and still can't figure it out...so please help me here.

Thanks in advance

For whatever it's worth, I also have the SDA103 in a 32 and went with a 33 for the 811. They started out quite tight (measured slightly under 32) but ended up stretching a bunch (over 33) and I'm now wishing I had gone with the 32. It's not so much the waist that bothers me but the ass bulge that makes it look like I'm wearing a diaper.

Thanks Braid & schmallo - much appreciated.

I suppose I'll try the 33s as I think the 811 is a slimmer cut jean than the 103 to begin with.

I also like to soak or wash my jeans slightly more often than the average sufu-er, so that might keep any over-stretching issues at bay.

^ That is one beautiful photo headtowall.

I'm not sure if this is worth posting, but I've seen a lot of people in this thread asking various questions about the Eternal 868/872/877, and there is a thread chock full of useful info and photographs.

So, for all these people who can't seem to find the search button...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23881

Look through it. =)

p.s. I love denim.

Thanks Braid & schmallo - much appreciated.

I suppose I'll try the 33s as I think the 811 is a slimmer cut jean than the 103 to begin with.

actually, i dont think 811 is slimmer than 103. Vice versa actually....

Check the following bears link of the 811...

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-811/

if you scroll down, in a box just below the size and order selection, you'll see they're marked as 2,3 (1 being tightest and 5 being fullest)

Now check the 103, they're at 1,2

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/studiodartisan-sd103/

Did a few pics of the eternals this afternoon - now just over 9 months old. I've been putting in some pretty good wear recently and they're finaly starting to fade a quicker!

2283598321_68f8c318bb.jpg

N.B. - yes they are photo-shopped but the contrast is true

yeh, well im just afraid that they wont shrink enough, and that if I do wash them, and they dont shrink enough, I wont be able to sell them becuse they have been washed...get me?

plus the more I think about it, the more I think a 31 o/w will fit me best (Eternal's retarded sizing discrepancies aside)

@ctazza

your eternals look sick keep wearin them.

if anything id think people would be more willing to purchase one wash jeans since they'd know what size theyre getting and not taking a risk with shrinkage.. maybe its just me

how is it trial and error if you havent soaked them to see how they fit?

why not just buy the O/W model

either way good luck!

Thanks in advance

Ive got both 811s and 103s and I think you should get a 32. A 33 eternals will start at 32 or so but it will stretch back out to 33

if anything id think people would be more willing to purchase one wash jeans since they'd know what size theyre getting and not taking a risk with shrinkage

I always prefer raw because it allows me to adjust the fit slightly by how I want, there is more room to move. If they are a little tighter, I can just do cold soaks and washes and minimize shrinking as much as possible to maintain a fit. Looser, adjust level of hotness to try to shrink as much as I need, and maybe even hot dry if necessary.

To me, saying one wash takes the guesswork out of sizing assumes you wash your jeans like a "normal" person does I think, which isn't the case. If we're going years, with just handfuls of washes or soaks, the method of soaks and hang or machine drying can make the difference over the life of a pair imo

if anything id think people would be more willing to purchase one wash jeans since they'd know what size theyre getting and not taking a risk with shrinkage.. maybe its just me

how is it trial and error if you havent soaked them to see how they fit?

why not just buy the O/W model

Well said, I am of the thought they will eventually shrink to o/w size after 4 or 5 soaks. You can control shrinkage perhaps during first few soaks but after that, they'll shrink to o/w size after X amount of soaks anyway.

findmybetterhalf, refer to this post where you can compare tightness of 811 and 103...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=921603&postcount=1330