Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Does anyone want to prolong the end date?

Nope. I've got two other pair of jeans that have been patiently waiting in the wings for this contest to be over with. I'm ready to start wearing them daily.

Gave my Full Counts their January wash Sunday night, and then turned around and had to wash them again last night. I shot a buck back in early December on the final day of deer season, and finally got around to taking the head to a guy last night to be cleaned with beetles and made into a European mount. Would have done it sooner, but the weather turned to shit and made travel tough. Anyways, as bad as that head stank after sitting in my garage for a month (wasn't as cold in there as I thought), this guys shop was 10 times worse. I was in there for five minutes, and I had to drive home with the windows down and once I was there threw all my clothes in the wash.

If the sun shows up this week (doubtful) I'll take some update pix. All the wear areas are bright white right now, but that won't last long.

Personally I'd be ok with extending this competition another year - and I know (most of) our jeans could handle it (I'm not totally sure klue's still exist anymore), but I agree - I don't know if changing the terms of the contest in the last month is the best plan.

That being said, I'd totally be down to rotate these in with my LVC's and Amoskeags...

It was mostly just a probing question on my part. The reason I asked is because Gordon and I still haven't decided on the prizes for the three winners. I know that first prize is a pair of jeans but nothing much has changed since I last reported that.

When's the official end date? I started March 3rd, and I think I was one of the later entries. There's still two months for people to finish up and submit photos before the prizes have to be decided upon.

I thought a belt was a pretty good prize for third place in the Warehouse contest. A shirt or sweatshirt wouldn't be bad for second place. I assume the jeans for 1st place are a replacement pair of the contest jeans?

Seems like the deadline for posting final pictures in the pictures only thread (if/when that exists) should be your start date that is listed in the first post. Agreed?

March 2nd is my last day and I plan on getting pictures taken on the 3rd and sending them off to BiG and posting them here immediately.

When I say "official end date" I'm referring to the cut off for accepting picture submissions for the contest. I'm sure they were guys that bought jeans in April and May, but I don't think we want to be fucking around waiting until June for the contest to be judged. I'd think April 1st is a fair cut off date for submitting all entries.

March 2nd is my last day and I plan on getting pictures taken on the 3rd and sending them off to BiG and posting them here immediately.

When I say "official end date" I'm referring to the cut off for accepting picture submissions for the contest. I'm sure they were guys that bought jeans in April and May, but I don't think we want to be fucking around waiting until June for the contest to be judged. I'd think April 1st is a fair cut off date for submitting all entries.

That seems silly. If someone started in february why shouldn't they have to submit pictures on or before their start date? i don't think we should be waiting till june either, but it seems logical that the "official end date" is the day that you started....exactly 1 year after you began, which was the duration decided.

as for people who bought the left overs, are they really in the contest? they weren't on the initial list of people that determined the quantity of contest jeans. in my eyes they should have to submit on the last day of a truly registered contestant, if they actually want to be judged. which basically means the latest date listed in that first post. which would put the last submission on 3/11 and the judging can begin the day after.

I think I'll start a pictures only thread for judging submissions. You put pictures up on your end day and we'll have a last call of say March 31st. If you want your pair judged and you got them after that date, post pictures before then.

I have until the 5th of Feb and I'm done with my year.

That seems silly. If someone started in february why shouldn't they have to submit pictures on or before their start date?

Well, if you submit them before your start date, then your year isn't really up. And expecting people to submit pix right on their last date isn't really fair IMO. Two reasons, #1 they may have other shit going on in their life on don't have time to do it right then. #2 (and I'm thinking of myself here), some of us live in parts of the country that have pretty shitty light that time of year and it won't be easy to get good pictures. I'm honestly thinking of taking my jeans to a local studio and having them photographed for $20 so I don't have to worry about trying to take a picture outdoors in a snow storm or pouring down rain.

This whole thing has pretty much been on your honor, and I personally have no problem with someone taking a week or two after their start date to get photos in. Even if they are cheating and wearing their jeans, it's not going to make any difference.

Time for BiG or Denim Phenom to step and establish the rules for the end of the contest. We need a little order as things wind down. ;-)

just got an email from The Clerk:

"Hello Markus,

Hope you're well. Just thought I'd let you know that my folks said a very battered package arrived addressed from you this week - I guess it's your lost jeans. Good news eh?"

iam on my knees and in tears praying to his imperial majesty!

"Hello Markus,

Hope you're well. Just thought I'd let you know that my folks said a very battered package arrived addressed from you this week - I guess it's your lost jeans. Good news eh?"

Great news! Hopefully everything inside the box is still intact!

I think I'll start a pictures only thread for judging submissions. You put pictures up on your end day and we'll have a last call of say March 31st. If you want your pair judged and you got them after that date, post pictures before then.

Can you please clarify? are you saying that you HAVE to post them on or before your start date and if your start date is after 3/31 then you have to post them on 3/31?

if that is the case i 100% agree.

Well, if you submit them before your start date, then your year isn't really up. And expecting people to submit pix right on their last date isn't really fair IMO. Two reasons, #1 they may have other shit going on in their life on don't have time to do it right then. #2 (and I'm thinking of myself here), some of us live in parts of the country that have pretty shitty light that time of year and it won't be easy to get good pictures. I'm honestly thinking of taking my jeans to a local studio and having them photographed for $20 so I don't have to worry about trying to take a picture outdoors in a snow storm or pouring down rain.

This whole thing has pretty much been on your honor, and I personally have no problem with someone taking a week or two after their start date to get photos in. Even if they are cheating and wearing their jeans, it's not going to make any difference.

Time for BiG or Denim Phenom to step and establish the rules for the end of the contest. We need a little order as things wind down. ;-)

i'm not sure if any other contest had quite the gap of start times that we are working with here. this is why i think it's important to set your deadline as the day you started. posting pictures 1-3 days prior to your start date isn't going to hurt. this is a contest; we need rules. especially considering the gap in start times.

Can you please clarify? are you saying that you HAVE to post them on or before your start date and if your start date is after 3/31 then you have to post them on 3/31?

if that is the case i 100% agree.

That's how I am reading it as well. This sounds like a good way to go for me...

"Hello Markus,

That's great news man!

Are they going to send them back with DHL?

i'm not sure if any other contest had quite the gap of start times that we are working with here. this is why i think it's important to set your deadline as the day you started. posting pictures 1-3 days prior to your start date isn't going to hurt. this is a contest; we need rules. especially considering the gap in start times.

Looks like DP has made a ruling and I'll plan on taking photos some time during the week before my end date.

Looks like we'll start seeing final pix within 2 1/2 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's jeans turned out. This whole thing has been a pretty fun experience, even if my friends scratch their heads and say "huh?" when I tell them about it!

yo the fade pics look awesome.

shameless self plug: I've been sitting on my pair of 0105s for a year (size 31) because i've been too lazy to sell them. They're practically brand new. They got a hot soak and I wore them twice before I figured I didn't like the cut on me.

Check the sig, if you want another pair

Regarding the pictures - should we set up some rules/guidelines as to what kind of pictures to take? That seems to have a pretty big affect on how the jeans look.

I'm just thinking like - front, back (possibly on a white background if possible) and a fit pic or two... anyone else have any ideas?