Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Just went outside and took some ass shots for you Salaami. Not much going on. I'm pleased with the fades over all. Not very superfuture, but that's not really how I want my vintage style jeans to look. Depending on the light, and how dirty they are, the fades can look very white and contrasty. After a couple weeks wear since the last wash, and a LOT of cigar and cigarette smoke from the bar I hang out in, they fades are kinda mellow right now.

I'm back on a once a month wash schedule. I've got three more washes to go, and that should put my right around 20 trips through the washing machine over the course of the contest.

000_0011-2.jpg

000_0014-1.jpg

000_0012-1.jpg

Setterman- great detail shots. Second set really pop. if any of ya'll are into "Burst's" (50's Les Pauls), jeans (at least the ones favored on this forum) have a similar effect. some are 3D like and have wavy, curly lines. some are pinstripe-y some are like plaintops with some action goin on. AND most of all change under various lighting conditions. anybody know what i'm talkin bout?

only if u intended to be mean

and yes, all those edmond avatars are creeping me out

time to give my fc's another wash (6th or 7th i believe); pictures to follow

Just realized the time after you said that pwing...It's going to be an amazing next two months, but a part of me wishes it was only the half way mark (this denim seems like it'd really shine at the 2 year mark)!

I'm looking forward to the last two and half months of the contest. Now that it's gotten so cold, and the need to wash has lessened (I was planning on a monthly wash next week, but may put it off until after the first of the year), I'm expecting/hoping to add quite a bit to the contrast on my jeans. Anyone who sticks with these things through next year is going to have a really fantastic looking pair of jeans.

Question about the end of the contest, since this is the first I've participated in. I know my last day is March 2nd, and that I'm going to need to get photos to send to BiG. When can I start wearing the jeans again? After I've submitted pix, or once the contest is over?

I'm actually wearing these for the first time in a few days (trying to put some wear into my LVCs, even though that's a 2 year contest), I'm once again amazed by the quality of these, and am incredibly sad when I see people's jeans that are just incredibly beyond mine. Looking forward to the next couple months for sure. These aren't going away for a long time.

i'm bucking the trend on frequent washes. i like how the patina has been developing lately and i want to hold on to the indigo a little longer. it'll be like shooting my foot during the race, but it's cool ... not like i'm actually running with the front pack :)

FCx3rdFB.jpg

FCx3rdOrtho.jpg

some back pocket evo [cc from top left: post soak, 1st, 2nd, 3rd [washes].

FCwsh123.jpg

Really havn't put up any pictures at all, even though im in this contest and I must apologize. Don't really have much to show (Salary man status), i have to spruce up my weekends (life in general). However ! I'll be doing some remodeling in the kitchen with the FC's ! so I hope to have something to show for all the work i put in...

IMG_1648c.jpg

Mid Wall paper removal, scuseee the mess ! (Always Asian Household Concept)

IMG_1651c.jpg

DIF ! the blue ooze that supposedly makes it easier... by a bit

thats it for now ! hopefully more to come later with more proper shots of the FC's