How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

While on the subject.. Nudies reputation here seems to have taken a hit lately, but in my opinion they always seem to fit so damn nicely. Maybe their denim on most models isnt selvage and isnt as nice as other brands, but their fits are excellent. But I guess it helps when you have enough styles that pretty much everyone can find one that fits just right.

I hear you on this one. Nudie's rise to popularity certainly has lowered the brands esteem on various forums I read, but I still think many of their fits are phenomenal - they have jeans that are exemplary of each style (besides repro), in my opinion. Their Japanese selvage fades beautifully, and even their cheaper Italian stuff always looks great to me with age.

shonen–

Ande Whall's a member here. I don't remember seeing the red stitching either, looks nice.

Check this thread out.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17023&highlight=ande+whall

And then PM him.

Ande, forgive my ignorance if you've answered this question (I have a feeling you have) do you use a chainstitch on the hem?

Posted in the Dior thread too, but putting in this thread for reference and because I'm pleased with how my jeans fit for a change. :)

Dior 19cm raw blacks, Italian-made. Size 28, I'm 5'9/130, 32.5" natural waist. Tailored about a cm in from the knee tapered down to 15cm hems. Top fits as stock.

Diorblackaftertailor.jpg

Dismal,

Glad to see that the alterations went through nicely...did you end up going to some local neighborhood spot or did you venture into a department store for the amendments?

BTW - Nice fit.

Seems like a lot of the smaller stores in Apku are selling Dior jeans, but mostly the Italians.

DH

i too think those diors look great. Loving the bottoms.

ill throw up some stuff on here later when i get a chance to take some pics. I wanted to show my lvc 501's, apc rescues....with a hole, RRDS and dior 21cm's. Might give people a better idea of what us "bigger" superdudes look like in certain cuts and denims

back to nudie though, they are a very very awesome lable and i agree that as of late, they have started to recieve a lot of hate within the online community but i think that has a lot to do with the recent growth of the company. It is starting to get pretty big but i think that it is great that they still continue to provide an assortment of fits and styles to the public. While they do have an abbundance of skinny jeans these days, who doesnt? I mean the quality of osme of that stuff may not be the best but for what it is, the SJ is a damn cool jeans. Same goes for the ralf and the sven. Those three models are perfect IMO for a wide variety of styles and people and for me, what they do works well. Anyways, back to workin on my research paper.

cheers

Dismal,

Glad to see that the alterations went through nicely...did you end up going to some local neighborhood spot or did you venture into a department store for the amendments?

BTW - Nice fit.

Seems like a lot of the smaller stores in Apku are selling Dior jeans, but mostly the Italians.

DH

Thanks guys.

DH, I got these and usually get all my after-purchase tailoring at the shops in front of Ewha. (I was a student there for 2 years so that's how it all started... ;)) This time I went to the first place on the left coming from the Ewha front gate, cost me 15,000W though I had to wait 3 days and they still didn't get them done til I showed up when they told me to and saw an angry face.

When they were chalking in the alteration lines I was bit iffy but they really did a nice job, I recommend you go there if you need anything done. I've had everything from t-shirts re-sized toatlly to jeans to button-up shirts re-shaped.

Saw the Idun shop in Apku last week, tried on their jackets but couldn't bring myself to plunk down on anything. They have blue Dior raws (Italian, I'm assuming) for 268,000W, which I think is fair enough for Korea.

Are there any other shops stocking any good stuff? I hope Idun starts stocking more than Dior, they had a couple Demeulemeester pieces but was more interested in the other brands they list on their site....

shonen–

Ande Whall's a member here. I don't remember seeing the red stitching either, looks nice.

Check this thread out.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17023&highlight=ande+whall

And then PM him.

Alas, Ande isn't doing the red stitching anymore. By the sounds of it he's dropped most of the customization options with his new re-doing of his line. Basically the options have now been limited to: back pocket design - Y/N, leather patch - Y/N, and pocket bag color. All the stitching's gonna be a that vintage beigey-gold color. I should have bought a pair of Grifters with contrast white stitching back in the good ol' days!

Dismal,

Thanks for the reference. Next time I'll be sure to stop by when an alternation is needed.

There's another store (can't remember ther name) which carries Dior Homme, D2, Dries, Helmut Lang, etc. located in the first alley running parallel to the Designers Club street (same side as the Galleria Dept. Store where the Dior is located). They also only carried the Italians and of course sizes were limited but I recall the pricing was cheaper as well.

DH

I'm looking into some NEW CURES for my girlfriend, but haven't seen any ladies wear them. Only APC's I've seen rocked by a lady on this forum are the new standards TG wears (and those fit her quite well). Note my girlfriend is usually a 1-2, and measured to a 26. Can someone please post a picture?

I figured this was the most appropriate place to ask. I was also thinking about Slim Kims or Tight Katy's. Any help would be nice.

I'm looking into some NEW CURES for my girlfriend, but haven't seen any ladies wear them. Only APC's I've seen rocked by a lady on this forum are the new standards TG wears (and those fit her quite well). Note my girlfriend is usually a 1-2, and measured to a 26. Can someone please post a picture?

I figured this was the most appropriate place to ask. I was also thinking about Slim Kims or Tight Katy's. Any help would be nice.

im pretty sure that a few of the ladies on the apc site are wearing cures....they might be the new standards though, cant remember. I would suggest looking there to start off with

Guest jeffvyain

braidkid, those fit you awesome man. just a tiny bit tighter around the thighs than mine. you'll love those, man. i'm sitting here wearing mine and seeing those on you gets me all excited about them as if i don't have them myself

Thats a good information. You're about my size... Good fit. Can you post a pic where your feet can be seen (with Samurais ofcourse!) :D

Check the what are you wearing today thread...i posted a pic there which shows my feet. Let me know if you need another one.

braidkid, those fit you awesome man. just a tiny bit tighter around the thighs than mine. you'll love those, man. i'm sitting here wearing mine and seeing those on you gets me all excited about them as if i don't have them myself

I know, i absolutely love them. I'm afraid they may be just a tad too large. I've soaked them 3 times now to get all the shrinkage done and they feel fine but I'm afraid how they'll be after a few months of wear. I probably could have done size 28 which means these run similar to APC NS's in terms of sizing. If only I had a bigger ass...

Guest jeffvyain

be glad you have the size you do. that fit looks great but still falls into the timeless catagory. you could try throwing them in the dryer. that's what i did, and it worked pretty well, but i sized regularly so i REALLY needed it. good luck. they are hard as hell to bust

braidkid, I don't know about samurai's but one hot (like 60ºC) wash in the machine will do wonders. You don't need to use any detergents ofcourse... I've done this to all my raw-unsanforized jeans and no matter how much those have shrinked by soaking they always shrinked more in the machine.

okay, finaly found time to take these pics. Home for the weekend.

*ignore the dresser, its from middle school.

dior homme japanese 21cm from 05

32X38

i love these things, the front pic is kinda weird cause im leaning back and my shirt is stuck on my belt.

2j4ohtk.jpg

4i57xp0.jpg

LVC 47 501 from this falls line

34X34 presoak

these things were a bit too big when i first bought em so i soaked em while wearing and stretched em a bit too much. Now they are too big in the waist but they'll be great after they get the first wash

4i4jlmc.jpg

4fto40i.jpg