How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

Do One-Wash skulls really shrink noticeably after a hot soak? Right now I have a pair of 5010XX's that I think fit me fairly well, but I wouldn't mind them being a bit tighter. Would a hot soak and letting them dry off completely before wearing achieve that?

sorry bud, but you aren't going to get one wash to shrink much at all. that first wash that they've done before you bought them was likely in an industrial washer, and "99%" of the shrinking is already out of the way. don't worry though, they look good as is!!

sorry bud, but you aren't going to get one wash to shrink much at all. that first wash that they've done before you bought them was likely in an industrial washer, and "99%" of the shrinking is already out of the way. don't worry though, they look good as is!!

I don't know...I can't even wear my 5507s anymore because they got so tight and they came one wash and fit perfect initially. Unless I got way fat or something

i wanted to hem originally, but it was such a hassle. BiG only does stuff that's bought from them, same with SelfEdge. Chuck's Vintage doesn't chainstitch. I'm in San Diego for school, but live in Park City, UT, and I don't know where else to get them altered.

haha thanks, the shirt was $3

that is so weird ... its just the opposite with me. i just got back from skiing up at the canyons resort; it was fucking awesome today.

I'm 5'6 110lbs. Some of these pictures are blurry. Sorry. I also have some indigo APCs, but they're not here right now.

Edit: my waist measures about 27-28".

Dior MIJ 21cm sz 27

fit1yv1.jpg

fit2qh3.jpg

S2A wax coated sz 29 (waist taken in, yet measures 30")

fit8ir2.jpg

fit7zq7.jpg

Skull 5010XX grey sz 28

fit9eb9.jpg

fit10hq0.jpg

Sling & Stones Mary natural indigo sz 26

fit5pb3.jpg

fit6oe1.jpg

Sling & Stones Mary synthetic indigo sz 26

fit11mr5.jpg

fit12wy6.jpg

Guest mikey8811
APC New Standard raw black sz 25

fit3qw4.jpg

fit4sp8.jpg

Hi

Nice fit on the APC's. I just ordered a 27 in raw indigo which hasn't arrived and I am unsure if it is the correct size. I take a 28 in washed Cures. I read elsewhere you are 5' 6", which is what I am. Did you hem the APC's and how many did you size down from your waist?

Thanks

@Mikey: my waist size is about 27-28". I had a pair of indigo NS sz 26 before and they got too big for my liking post-stretching. I've never tried on washed Cures. None of my jeans are hemmed currently.

@Rakki: thanks. I like the Diors because they're just starting to get some good fading. Also, the S2A joints because they're so unique, and not too many people own them.

Not raw denim, but seeing as no-one has posted these yet and I'm bored, I might as well:

American Apparel Slim Slacks, Almost Black [mine seem really dark grey, possibly a discoloration which I actually like]

Front:

dscf0010rg7.jpg

Back:

dscf0011kt0.jpg

I've been wearing these for about a week now, I'm normally a size 28, I sized down 2 and got a 26. After a few days the waist stretched out nicely and the thigh went from being too-tight to being just right.

Inseam is just under 34''.

Depends on the jeans. I usually don't have it done but certain jeans have reallllly skinny legs (Dior 17cm, Raf by Raf, S2A, etc) so I'd get 1-2 sizes up and have the waist taken in.

This made me want your jeans even more, we are very very similar in terms of size, do drop me a pm if you want to offload anything :D

Would you say that in your experience taking the waist in slightly makes the seating of the jeans change much? Just thinking about altering the waist on a pair of Diors I have a little.

Depends on the jeans. I usually don't have it done but certain jeans have reallllly skinny legs (Dior 17cm, Raf by Raf, S2A, etc) so I'd get 1-2 sizes up and have the waist taken in.

damn you have a lot of pairs. i really like the first Slings and Stones. nice.