45rpm

absolut

Was just reading the latest 45rpm column... http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=8&Language=English&type=utd

Anyway, came across this.. "Another new item for this Autumn is a wool denim, it’s specialty is its rough texture"

I wonder what on earth that's like.

Also some interesting information about umii denim in the previous one

"This time, we have invented a new type of denim called “Umii Denim”.

Previously we have always used the dyeing method where the center part of the thread is usually left un-dyed and the white part shows up gradually as the denim made by this method is worn through time, which is known to give a personal feel to the look. As opposed to that, the Umii denim method dyes the threads evenly so you can enjoy the color of the denim for a longer period of time. The way the color gets washed off and how it ages is completely different from regular indigo denim."

any input on shrinking?

The one-wash sorahikos don't shrink at all. I suggest getting your actual size, though it might even stretch further, so if you like it tighter, size down 1. I've thrown mine in the washing machine in hot water and dried them on high. I also soaked them recently in boiling hot water. Didn't shrink one bit. But you'll still get nice roping effect at the cuffs.

The one-wash sorahikos don't shrink at all. I suggest getting your actual size, though it might even stretch further, so if you like it tighter, size down 1. I've thrown mine in the washing machine in hot water and dried them on high. I also soaked them recently in boiling hot water. Didn't shrink one bit. But you'll still get nice roping effect at the cuffs.

Excellent...thanks for the tip!

Was just reading the latest 45rpm column... http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=8&Language=English&type=utd

Anyway, came across this.. "Another new item for this Autumn is a wool denim, it’s specialty is its rough texture"

I wonder what on earth that's like.

Also some interesting information about umii denim in the previous one

"This time, we have invented a new type of denim called “Umii Denimâ€.

Previously we have always used the dyeing method where the center part of the thread is usually left un-dyed and the white part shows up gradually as the denim made by this method is worn through time, which is known to give a personal feel to the look. As opposed to that, the Umii denim method dyes the threads evenly so you can enjoy the color of the denim for a longer period of time. The way the color gets washed off and how it ages is completely different from regular indigo denim."

i don't like the front pockets from what i see so far, but i'd be interested in see what they look like and feel like in person

Roland, how old? looks nicely aged. :)

I think the belt is SS05. That same season, there was a saddle colored Umi belt with diamonds of color that was amazing and sold out.

I washed the belt after this pic with a bar of Dove and then used some Pecards dressing on it. Its looking a bit better and I'm pleased with how its holding up.

• 3 weeks later...