45rpm

absolut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I nearly bought a pair of raw Sorahikos on monday....

Still not sure if I did the right thing by not getting them.

I also tried on a indigo dyed cotton(?) jacket that I knew I would have trouble taking it off again before I even had it on properly. The fit and feel of the material where sooo godly!

Also didn't buy that.

I bought 3 bandana's instead.

All of the above took place in the R by 45rpm store in Paris on monday the 23th of July 2007 btw.

The problem that I have with the Paris and NYC stores is that their markup is so horrendous. You're basically paying twice the price (for an already expensive piece) of what you would get in Japan. If you go in with less than $500 you'll be feeling the pain. If you go in with more, you'll still be feeling the pain having spent all that money.

i can buy them and ship them to you for a fee (i do this for a lot of sufu people)

rakuten won't have any of the new 45rpm.

can someone post or link a site or two where one can check out the rpm offerings in japan for possible proxy with coldricex. The us rpm site lists only 4 pairs....thanks

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/cms/contents.aspx?id=19&Language=English&type=utd

the seasonal (fall) look book will give you an idea what will come into the stores over the next few months. different items from the book will arive at the stores on an almost weekly basis. they do have an online shop at

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/category/category.aspx

however it really only offers basics and the "&" line merchindise and you can only order from within japan.

can someone post or link a site or two where one can check out the rpm offerings in japan for possible proxy with coldricex. The us rpm site lists only 4 pairs....thanks

i'd go with your regular size then...they're not superfuture slim jeans..regular straight classic cut.

Is the Sorahiko 45 Slim O/W is available at the soho store? The website says its an exclusive. Im one of those slim 35 inch waist types in all brands and 34s are usually too tight-until and IFFFFF they strech whilst 36 are large (edos, SC 47 etc.). Meaning im always between sizes....and it sucks

Anyone have any type of measurements or references. I tried on the the regular Sorahiko's the other day at 36 and the legs and hips were too big. I dont think they had a 34 for comparison. Unless someone with expertise here can affirm the one wash 34's will stretch. and then the store can find a pair.

Thanks in advance from a newb

Sorahiko Barn is the most relaxed jean that 45rpm has in it's current line up. Fuller through the leg, higher rise both front and rear than standard Sorahikos. Stretching is tough because every single pair of jeans is going to be different but generally this isn't going to stretch as much a one wash as the jeans has been washed down and treated to produce the look of this pre-distressed jean. Hope that helps.

Can any one comment on the fit of the Sorahiko Barn denim, how do they fit in the waist, is there a lot of stretching?

Sorahiko Slim is only available at the uptown store and online. As mentioned in my Barn denim response above the amount the waist is going to stretch is imposible to predict. I have had pairs of 45rpm Sorahikos that have stretched as little as 1/2" and others that have stretched 1 1/2"s. I would suggest you buy them snug but not uncomfortable.

Is the Sorahiko 45 Slim O/W is available at the soho store? The website says its an exclusive. Im one of those slim 35 inch waist types in all brands and 34s are usually too tight-until and IFFFFF they strech whilst 36 are large (edos, SC 47 etc.). Meaning im always between sizes....and it sucks

Anyone have any type of measurements or references. I tried on the the regular Sorahiko's the other day at 36 and the legs and hips were too big. I dont think they had a 34 for comparison. Unless someone with expertise here can affirm the one wash 34's will stretch. and then the store can find a pair.

Thanks in advance from a newb

Sorahiko Slim is only available at the uptown store and online. As mentioned in my Barn denim response above the amount the waist is going to stretch is imposible to predict. I have had pairs of 45rpm Sorahikos that have stretched as little as 1/2" and others that have stretched 1 1/2"s. I would suggest you buy them snug but not uncomfortable.

partytaco thanks so much for the response. Based on your post do you have reccomendations for the odd size waist such as a 35. Do you buy a sohriko slim in 36 and try to shrink it or would you go 34 one wash or raw and try and strecth?

Thanks

Seems its normal for people to size down 1 on the sorahiko (I went with a 31, I'm a 32 waist), so I'd probably go with a 34. I've never seen the slim though. I'd assume if you go raw, it'd be easier to control waist shrinkage so you may be able to get something that fits perfectly, depending on how you soak them.

I mentioned this news in another post but Sportswear International May/Jun 07 reported the following:

1. The company is looking to launch a LA concept store with revolving interiors.

2. Brand manger Tsutomu Hirano said "We are planning a whole new series of outlets". The new stores will be international and add to the companys 58 stores.

3. 2006 Turnover for the company was €51 million