45rpm

absolut

I just got the Sorahiko Slim O/W (ordered online from 45rpm). The denim is absolutely awesome, I really love it. I'm still not sure on the fit. I probably should have gone with a 31 instead of the 32 (31 is my size in Nudie SSDS). I'll give it a few days, and will post some pics soon.

Umii are still right hand. the only left hand twill was the lighter weight bc4000. the Umiis in a 30" are about 1/2 wider through the thigh than the Jomon but pretty much the same from the knee down to the hem. the Umii rear pockets much like old lees are placed closer to the outseam than the other jeans.

so they are right handed! it always looked righty to me, but i've read a description before that said they were leftys. the guy at the store in futakotamagawa also told me umiis were slimmer than jomons. but it's the same store where a girl told me the nando x nandos were suminandos, so i'm not shocked. thanks for clearing it up for me and sorry for the wrong infos.

just asked the gf to stop by the 45rpm store in Taipei, they didn't carry the Jomons in taipei at all, she went to the one in a department store but they called their brand store too... WTF is up with that?! (oh sorry if this was mentioned in this thread already, I haven't read the entire thread yet... lol)

just asked the gf to stop by the 45rpm store in Taipei, they didn't carry the Jomons in taipei at all, she went to the one in a department store but they called their brand store too... WTF is up with that?! (oh sorry if this was mentioned in this thread already, I haven't read the entire thread yet... lol)

yeah, i've been to both the RPM stores on An-He Road and the Sogo Dept. Store in Taipei. they have a very limited denim selection compared to the Soho store in NYC. and of the stuff they do have, prices are much higher than in japan. i had considered just going to japan instead (lol).

just finished reading the entire thread, those Jomon pics are sick, and Fullcount website chicks are fucking hot... nobody in san francisco got Jomons for me to look at? wtf...

and sounds like I should probably get them in 29? I rock 28 APC NS, 28 DH 19cm japanese, 29 Imperials, 30 'canes, 29 Samurai's... I don't wanna turn this into the APC sizing thread but they are 800 bucks and I gotta ask... hehe...

I should have gotten the 30 instead of 31. I just ordered a pair of Jomon from the NY store yesterday and spoke to Chika. I have seven days to exchange it if I decide to get the 30-- which I hope they have in stock. I wear 31 in Diors. 30 in Acne and R & B. Im a 31 in Iron Heart. Im getting excited specially after reading this thread.

How do you like them? Hairy as hell huh?

Actually not that much, I was surprised. I guess it's because I'm the final owner of that same pair that went on the supermarket 3 or 4 times. I would really like to know how many owners they had... I need to repair a few stitchings, but for the price I paid I won't complain.

So far I only tried them on, but I absolutly love them. I think it's gonna be hard to wear anything else after that.:)

i just went to badou-r in tokyo today to pick up a jomon, and the manager showed me a pair of another nandoXnando. it uses natural indigo for both warp and weft, a brand new cut which looked like lower rised jomons(didnt have time to try them on though). they had one-wash and distressed model. with only 30pairs made for each they costed around 100000yen, which is like $900.

here are some pictures i took with my phone camera in the store. washed-out model had a green hue to it, which was beautiful. sadly it doesnt show on these shots well..these were the best i could manage. close up shot for front area is closest to the real thing. one-wash models looked similar to synthetic dyed nandos, but with a much more rich and softer feel.

45rpm65vv.png45rpm22ab.png

45rpm54xe.png45rpm12mp.png

45rpm43wu.png

just finished reading the entire thread, those Jomon pics are sick, and Fullcount website chicks are fucking hot... nobody in san francisco got Jomons for me to look at? wtf...

and sounds like I should probably get them in 29? I rock 28 APC NS, 28 DH 19cm japanese, 29 Imperials, 30 'canes, 29 Samurai's... I don't wanna turn this into the APC sizing thread but they are 800 bucks and I gotta ask... hehe...

I have a pair of size 29 Jomons that fit me quite well

I also wear a size 28 NS (could fit 27)

29 DH 19cm japanese (could fit lower)

Don't own real repros like sugarcanes or samurai, not exactly my style

My "real" jeans waist size is a 29-30 depending on how much I gorged on prosciutto and stayed away from physical activities in recent weeks.

If you want measurements for the Jomons feel free to ask (I got them from Partytaco and he's a bigger waist size than me, he did stretch them a little but I pretty much brought them back to their original size and since they're not too tight around the waist (just okay for someone like me who wears them low) they won't stretch much.

By the way with all the cool jeans mentionned in your post (that I assume you own) isn't getting a new one overkill unless you want your raws pristine?

By the way with all the cool jeans mentionned in your post (that I assume you own) isn't getting a new one overkill unless you want your raws pristine?

Thanks for the sizing info, I went with 29 and it's nice to confirm again that they will probably be the right size. I don't have them yet.

I don't own the other jeans I mentioned, at least not the Imperials and 'canes. I had them from Self Edge to photograph them for their online store, I had to put them on for one pic so I took a few extra ones to demostrate the fit for the "How Jeans Fit" thread and for my own reference. I listed them to give you guys a better idea on my size so you guys can tell me if 29 was right... Up until the Levi's thing I actually only own 3 pairs of jeans (well, sold the pairs from my pre-SF days)... I like to do a single pair at a time... but I'm getting a few Levi's repros now (well, some not really "repros", but they have the "illegal elements" regardless) that I had always planned to get and will probably just store them for a while. My next "project" is gonna be the Jomons. I've been working on my 19cm for almost 4 months now and they are turning out pretty nicely. The denim is thin and there are several places that look like they would rip though... yikes... Sounds like the natural indigio jeans don't really fade the same way so this will be interesting...

natural indigo is typically harder to get fades as they are dyed much closer to the core of the thread compared to most synthetic indigo dyes. i read somewhere(somet website?) that natural dyes tend to loose a lot of their color when they are washed with water above 37Celsius. some prefer warmer dip for naturals for more contrast.