45rpm

absolut

haha yeah, ridiculous. why the hell would you do platinum jeans? :D

no, I dont know japanese, I have just surfed a LOT of japanese websites. I guess I just remember a lot of what I've seen during my trips!

btw, the fullcount 1310 is the same cut without the backpocket stitching. it isn't overdyed black, just black, though.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 29, 2006 at 11:36 AM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 29, 2006 at 11:37 AM

I can't wait to return to Ginza or probably go to their NYC store to ask them why my sorahikos fit like they are a bit off center on the waist. it's skewed to the left causing an uncomfortable wear.

would they repair that or change them with another pair. is this a defect or a 45rpm peculiarity?

Quote:

I can't wait to return to Ginza or probably go to their NYC store to ask them why my sorahikos fit like they are a bit off center on the waist. it's skewed to the left causing an uncomfortable wear.

would they repair that or change them with another pair. is this a defect or a 45rpm peculiarity?

--- Original message by john11f on Jun 6, 2006 08:26 PM

John,

I'm not sure what 45rpm would do about your waist problem. With my 45 rpm jeans, the center button/fly moved 1/2 inch to the left. I'm sure it moved only beacuse I downsized. Since its causing discomfort, they might be willing to help you.

I know they are less willing to help with something more aesthetic. I had a seam spin 180 degees in the sleeve of a body gauze shirt. Anyway, I complained about it and they said it was part of the beauty of the shirt and that it was supposed to happen.

dudes, my gf is going to NYC next week and I was thinking about having her stop by one of the 45rpm stores for me.

Any recommendations on non-denim 45rpm stuff? anyone have anything they could post pics of? Last time I was there I remember liking some of the shirts at the Umi store and R. Wanted to hear peoples 2 cents.

Indigo denim shirt. Bleeds like fuck. It has an urban-boho vibe, as do all of their items. A loose-fitting pullover striped shirt. I feel like I should be slinging paint at a canvas when I wear it. Their clothing just gets in your head. The smell of the store is remarkable, too. You can just breath in all that fine organic cotton, and the smell of rich indigo. Standing on the sidewalk, even, you can smell it. It's really something. And a pair of pants. I'm broke now. I wish I had gobs of disposable income. The Madison Avenue store- Upper East Side- their "laboratory", is a stop you must make. The staff in both locations enjoy talking about the clothes. My man Logan in the d/town spot is the master of folding the clothes you'll buy. It's very special. Buy a bandana to wear around your neck. Smell it. You'll want to paint.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins

Guest Fade to Black

I'm thinking of getting a pair of the natural indigo jeans when I hit up Japan...but the pics of the Jomons posted earlier looks a bit too slim/tight for my liking. Does anyone have a pic of the UMII Suvin cotton jeans? I'm looking for something a bit more relaxed, or at least loose-ish straight leg.

Y's by Yohji has a pair of Spotted Horse made jeans this season that are quite nice, look identical to the distressed 45 RPM jeans except with a looser fit. Only thing that ruined it for me was all the pockets on the sides of the pants. They're also the most expensive designer jeans I've seen this season; even here in Asia they cost more than the Junya X Levi's collab that was like $1K over in North America.

Guest Fade to Black

the jomons seem like they will have less contrast. I heard that's to be expected with the natural indigo jeans, like they'll fade into a greenish cast all over rather than developing high definition white whiskers. I think i'll pick up a pair when I hit up Tokyo since they're so expensive in the States, it seems like these are a better investment than the Junya Watanabe reconstructed '66 501's, those have a fucked up seat due to the re-tailoring.