45rpm

absolut

Just wanted to post a pic of how Suminando's fit on me. I sized down 1, to a 31. I always feel that jeans fit me well up top, but they are slightly large from the knee down.

sumisori31hb1.jpg

Lemme know if the size of the pic is too big.

I had the same problem when I tried those on. I got Oni reds that have that are too wide at the bottom too (a girlfriend of mine even pointed it out to me). I'm gonna take them in to be tapered slightly from the knee down. A few people have suggested this on the boards.. maybe you should give it a shot too?

What color overdyes? Black or Blue.

Btw - the 45rpm sale starts tomorrow

the last dip is sulfphar black

the nando x nando, as i understand, refers to the dyeing as there are numerous cuts that are called by the same name; nando x nando have a blue warp with either a suminando (black over blue) or indigo weft. the indeterminacy of the "or" is my own.

EDIT: dd beat me to it

That's what I was thinking of. I'll probably go by Denim Doctors and see what they say. Any reason you didn't go with the Oni blue?

I was afraid once I soaked them that the blues would be too slim. I have Rescues and so I wanted a fuller straight leg. I might try to sell the reds in the supermarket for cheap if Gordon at BIG doesn't think tapering them is doable.

am a bit annoyed..

i wanted to buy a pair from 45rpm, but im in uk and as we already know they dont ship outside of usa. so i decide to speak to people in paris as they ship to uk and i wouldnt have to pay any taxes etc cos its from europe. however, i find out that they cost even more in euros than they do in dollars from america! 333 for sorahikos and 835 for jomons :o that is about £50 more expensive for sorahiko and £150 more for jomons.

oh well.. more money to spend i guess

am a bit annoyed..

i wanted to buy a pair from 45rpm, but im in uk and as we already know they dont ship outside of usa. so i decide to speak to people in paris as they ship to uk and i wouldnt have to pay any taxes etc cos its from europe. however, i find out that they cost even more in euros than they do in dollars from america! 333 for sorahikos and 835 for jomons :o that is about £50 more expensive for sorahiko and £150 more for jomons.

2000db is your friend. My suminandos shipped were like $50 LESS than retail in NYC.

thanks for the offers/advice guys. i think for this one time, as i am unsure of my correct sizing, i might take a hit on the price for peace of mind. at least that way i can swap them nice and easy should i require a diff pair.

am gonna go for some indigo one wash sorahiko. is my correct size the best bet or are they likely to stretch a lot?

thanks

I went with a 31, and I normally wear a 32 in everything else. I didn't measure them, but I got them buttoned up without any major work. It was tight, but i'd say they are about perfect now. Both ddml and coldrice recommended I size down 1.

Also, if you look at partytaco's sale thread for example, his size 30 measures 31 on the waist.

A friend just brought me back a pair of one-wash nando x nando's, which arrived at my door yesterday.

The color is an amazing midnight blue!

I'm a 33 inch waist, these are 32's which are a bit snug. Like my other Sorahiko's (also size 32) these will likely stretch and be perfect. I'd say size down one.

They have stopped selling non-wash nando x nando's.

well i bought mine in my correct size. guy said i can swap or whatever no problem if they arent right. is likely i will give them a quick soak and hang dry so i can get that made for me shape. wait and see how they are out the box first.

im kinda hoping i dont like these too much, or its gonna be an expensive year!!

i wish i'd sized down on my sorahikos, they're fine from waist to knee but a bit loose imo from there down. actually, come to think of it, would this be rectified by sizing down the waist 1 inch???

Don't think so. That's why I'm wondering if the slim helps there.

however, i find out that they cost even more in euros than they do in dollars from america! 333 for sorahikos and 835 for jomons :o that is about £50 more expensive for sorahiko and £150 more for jomons.

Aren't there some extra taxes for products inside the EU? 15% or something like that. Sometimes online-stores from the EU cut these taxes off when they sell to outside the EU.